So I went to the dentist Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:07 am
User Image
First time in like six years. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I didn't get the greatest news in the world, I need to have four teeth pulled, but the good thing is that two of them are wisdom teeth so it;s not really a loss. I think of it was a little bit of a victory anyway because most people need to have their wisdom teeth extracted and I just need to have mine pulled. It will be less of a shock on my system and I won't be laid up for a week.

On one of my teeth it would cost me 1500$ for a root cannal and then a cap and it's only like a 50% chance that is would work. Or pay 150$ to get it pulled and then if I REALLY wanted another tooth I could have an implant done for roughly 2000$ and it is guaranteed not to rot or fall apart. So I'm going with option two, I can't afford to get the fake one just yet but I'll start saving.

The other tooth that is not a wisdom tooth that I need removed actually isn't as bad. It would be around 400$ to have it drilled and patched but because it's soo deep it could rot from the inside out and then it could cause jaw decay and I'm not willing to take the risk, even the very small risk, it's a non essential tooth anyway and if I am getting implants most places require two at the same time so it actually works out.

Discuss:

If I can start calling myself Toothless Joe

--------------------------------------------

Art By: Trish the Stalker

"What you don't seem to understand is that I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me." - Rorschach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 am
When I had my wisdom teeth extracted (which was, incidentally, about 6 years ago -- the last time I saw a dentist) I only missed 2 days of work: the day of the surgery and the day after. The call centre I was working at wanted to fire me (even though I told them ahead of time), but they just wrote me up. I had to wait until after my lunch break to sign off on the written warning because, legally speaking, I was still considered to be under the influence of the anesthesia until then. I WISH I was laid up for a week, I ran out of T3s long before I stopped needing them, and kept filling a tupperware container from the ice machine in the break room to ice my face.

Permanent prosthetic teeth must be a LOT cheaper in Ontario! My brother`s implant cost at least double that. Are you getting the cheap shitty cereamic one or the keep-it-in-your-mouth-forever titanium one? Also, why do you need to have two? I really don`t understand that part.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:29 pm
User Image
There are a lot of factors when getting an implant that would increase the cost but on average a single tooth implant costs about $1600 and the denture would be about 500-900 dollars depending on which tooth it is or how expensive the denturist is.

I donlt know why but many of the oral surgeons in Ontario that do implants require at least two implants to even consider working on you.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: Trish the Stalker

"What you don't seem to understand is that I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me." - Rorschach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:39 pm
[>{+:. Stephasaurus Rex .:+}<]

Tooth-pulling... gonk
I've never had it done and would like to keep things that way. Though, I have had braces, headgear, and retainers for the better part of six years to get my adult teeth to quit being retarded...

[/>{+:. Stephasaurus Rex .:+}<]

The Dinosaur Next Door

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:42 pm
My wisdom teeth are still obstinately healthy, and therefore aren't in danger of pulling or extraction just yet.
On the matter of calling you Toothless Joe, well, whatever floats your boat.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:49 pm
I only had to get two wisdom teeth pulled after they had grown in as well... 3nodding

Not bad at all.

I know a girl who had to get one implant tooth. I think she had to go in a few times for each step. But in the meantime she had a fake tooth on a retainer-type dealie so there wasn't a gap. It was one of her canine teeth.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:51 pm

I think those tooth-replacing retainers are cool. biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:56 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

I've had to have all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. Or extracted, rather. They were impacting the teeth in front of them, one had to come out in pieces.

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 pm

gonk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:04 pm

It wasn't all that bad. The only part that really sucked was that my insurance is stupid, and I had to have it done three hours away from my pharmacy. No meds, novacaine wore off... NOT FUN

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:08 pm

That's awful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Well, all that did was make the Vicadin work a whole lot better once I got it xd

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 pm

That's considerably less awful. xd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:16 pm
When I had my wisdom teeth out, I was perscribed vicadin but I didn't need it. The surgery wasn't complicated, and the holes closed up after a couple of days. xd At my follow up appointment they said, "We...did operate on your mouth a few days ago right?"  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:54 pm
I think I made a short-lived random thread back when I had all my wisdom teeth yanked out of my face (cuz my jaws are small so if they left them in, they'd screw up all the years of dental work (braces and retainers and then braces again >.<) I had ) >.> But yeah....my genes fail so it took like...more than a couple days for the thing to heal up >.> I was stuck with swollen chipmunk cheeks for like a week (and I was uber bruised all along the bottom of my jaw). Blech. Oh well. It healed up before school started so yay.

....When I read the words 'Toothless Joe,' banjo music starts playing...=/

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces