Reply RP/Game
The Mortal Strain Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 pm
in modern times it seems things are a lot more torn up. Confusion, war, and darker secrets beyond the commonwealths comprehension.

as the world enters its own dark age more fighting keeps breaking out. cities erupting into chaos for seemingly no reason, wars breaking for no clear reason, and governments are becoming more insecure and secretive. In the crossfire a new war begins, and a few average people will rise above the human levels and fight a faceless foe, and meet a mysterious power that will decide the fate of the galaxy.

"This group will do great things, and it will be through my guidance that they will be powerful and see the seemingly impossible happen before their eyes. They will be like my own children."
-Anonymous  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:27 pm
RP Character Creation Information

All characters must be validated by me through PM.

Characters must be human, and they will decide their own powers as they grow through the RP by my jurisdiction. Characters preferably should be human, but any other races I'll have to see for myself what you're cooking up. You can start off with powers, and you can choose whether we meet your character or if your character can start off as a regular to the team. :3 This is bound to be fun I believe, and sorry for the cryptic intro. But there are MANY secrets to be opened as the RP progresses. ^^

Name:
Character Look:
Alt. Character Look (When the character’s power awakens they change to a new form. It doesn't have to be human or humanoid. Have fun with this.):
Power (or power to be):
Background:

The idea of the characters is that they start off frail and have very little or no understanding or knowledge of their powers. People are getting powers randomly, and nobody knows why, but as the RP progresses they get stronger and things become clearer little by little.

I'll post the participants below (I hope there will at least be a few):

0-0Roland-Deschain-0-0 as:
Name: Roland Deschain
Character look: http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/spifflicious/Avatars/roland.png[/IMG
Alt. character look: http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/spifflicious/Avatars/rolandup.png?t=1241316745

x-Dark-Pisces-x as:
Name: Rex “Tempo” Landon
Character Look: http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/spifflicious/Avatars/tempo.png?t=1241316790
Alt. Character Look: http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp199/spifflicious/Avatars/tempocharged.png?t=1241316809

Kerrigan Dragon:
Name: Vangie Sophronia, goes by Angie or Angel (her street name)
Character Look:User Image
Alt. Character Look (When the character’s power awakens they change to a new form. It doesn't have to be human or humanoid. Have fun with this.):User Image

Red Glacier

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:07 pm
User Image

5 men with guns run into a warehouse and a few turn around to shoot at the robotic creature running after them. the robotic creature chases them into the warehouse and the men split up. the Creature loses track of all of them and begins walking around

-elsewhere in the warehouse-

John: "What the hell is that thing man?"

Ron: "I don't know man. You see that sword its carrying, HUGE a** mother ********! That thing looks like it could crush a car!" he looks around, paranoid at the pursuer. he begins almost crying "Man, we're gonna die man!"

Creature: it walks around sneakily weaving in and out between stacks of crates and finds loan man, he sneaks up and crushes the man with his large sword and runs as the cries of the man gave his position away.

Glyn: he shoots at where the creature was and holds his gun up "Where are you!"

Creature: it throws its sword across the room and it stabs into Glyn, killing him. it walks away the crawls up the crates and sees Ron and John and another man joining them.

-the group of men-

Jack: he runs up to John and Ron "Guys! it got Glyn and Wes!"

Ron: "Man! i knew this was a bad idea man! Shouldn't have been doing this man!"

Creature it crawls over to get a closer look but it accidentally knocks down a crate and the men look at it

Jack: "There it is!" the men begin shooting at the creature and the creature gets hit numerous times and it moans and yells a bit as it gets hit and falls off the crates with a large slam on the ground "is it dead?"

as time passed the creature revealed itself and it had a desert eagle in hand and it began shooting.

"Ron! John! run! i'll hold it off!" Jack commanded as he shot back at the creature.

John: as him and Ron begin shooting at the creature as well he yells back "We're not leaving you man there's no guarantee you'll make it!" as they shot the creature fell on its back and remained motionless

"We kill it?"

the creature detaches from its lower body and draws a second desert eagle and fires at the group and hits Jacks leg but Jack took it and shook off the pain as the creature slithered back with its vertebrae like a snake and disappeared into the darkness.

Jack: "Go!" Ron and John listen and run as jack got near and behind some crates watching for the creature.

Creature: it hops up and clings to a cat walk from above and begins climbing across the bottom of it with its arms and sneaks around Jack. it breathes a little heavily as it gets over Jack and wraps its vertebrae around Jacks neck like noose and picked him up off the ground. It whips Jack up and then back down violently and the whip lash broke Jacks neck as if here hanged.

the creature lets Jack go and goes back to its lower body and gets its sword.

-at the front gate of the warehouse-

Ron: "I think it got Jack man! We're gonna die man!"

John: "Be quiet. we've fought like this before Ron. we're going to make it out of here and continue the deals. we just got to get out of here. Stay with me Ron!"

Ron: "ok man lets get out of here."

Creature: it comes out into the open and looks at Ron and John and they begin shooting at it. it grabs a metal box and runs forward using it as a shield, it then throws it down and jumps on it and lands in front of John. Ron runs and the creature gets its sword and cuts off Johns fore arms then lunges in and grabs the back of Johns head and his jaw and snaps his neck.

It jumps to the cat walk above and goes to the window and sees the panicking, crying Ron escape.

it reaches for its head and touches where its ear would be "I lost one of them"

X: "Its ok. That one was minor in the deals. You did your best. Plus, we got other work to do"

Creature: "What is that?"

X: "We have to visit someone. And you will welcome them"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:38 pm
Roland glared at the man across the table. He REALLY didn't like him. "Find someone else to do your dirty work. I'm a mercenary, not a pirate. You want that load of cargo, I suggest you find someone else."

The man across the table pounded his fists on the table. "Oh no you don't. We had a deal, and this is part of it! You either finish the job or we kill you here."

Roland watched several men that were standing around the room pull their guns and aim at him. Roland crossed his arms and shook his head. "Look. I am a MERCENARY. Mercenaries are hired guns, whether it is for war or for something as small as serving as ones bodyguard. THAT'S IT. we don't steal, nor do we do anything other than what I just said. You asked me, a MERCENARY, to do something that a mercenary doesn't do. In all honesty, did you expect me to say yes?"

"I expected," The man said, "That you would do as you were told. You are a simple sellsword, and I am probably one of the most important men you will ever meet in your short, pitiful existence. And you have the audacity to DEFY me!?"

"Yes. Because to me you are nothing more that a dumbass who is either too stupid to tell the difference between a mercenary and a pirate, or your just bored and are looking to cause some trouble. In either case, you turn out to be the one who deserves to die right now," Roland said, and drew his gun.

The man stood up, a gun of his own aimed right at Rolands head. "Is that a threat?"

Roland shook his head. "No, no threats can be found here. I don't make threats, I make promises," He said, and shot the man in the head. As soon as he shot, Roland hit the ground. He had noticed that the men surrounding him were rather stupid, and they were all aiming at the same place: Roland's head. Their reaction time was not too great, either. They fired, but Roland was already on the ground by then. He then did a sweep with his semi-auto pistol, taking them all out. He then stood up, collected the money that was sitting on the table, and walked out of the room, then out of the building. He walked around the building into the alleyway, and was off like a shot.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 pm
Creature: it leaned up against a wall to the building Roland exited "Good work Roland." he said to Roland as Roland was turning away from him "I'm glad you stay true to your profession"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:05 pm
Roland ran. or at least, he WOULD have ran, if it weren't for the fact he just heard his name. A mercenary doesn't make his (Or her for that matter, Roland himself had once had a run-in with a particularly dangerous female mercenary) name well known. They often give fake names, seeing as how they are usually distrusting. "Who the hell are you? And how do you know my name? Were you ,perhaps, listening in on a private discussion?"  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:23 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
Roland ran. or at least, he WOULD have ran, if it weren't for the fact he just heard his name. A mercenary doesn't make his (Or her for that matter, Roland himself had once had a run-in with a particularly dangerous female mercenary) name well known. They often give fake names, seeing as how they are usually distrusting. "Who the hell are you? And how do you know my name? Were you ,perhaps, listening in on a private discussion?"

"I go by Haze. I came to offer you something you may like"

X: "Yup. thats him." the man said in Hazes head.

"You are capable of great things Roland. things i don't think you could understand at the moment. but you have potential beyond those guns could ever do for you."  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:12 am
"Well, I'm not so sure that what your saying isn't mindless drivel. In any case, it would be in both of our interests to get out of here and converse elsewhere," Roland said, glancing around cautiously.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:22 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
"Well, I'm not so sure that what your saying isn't mindless drivel. In any case, it would be in both of our interests to get out of here and converse elsewhere," Roland said, glancing around cautiously.
"I shall make arrangements then." he gets a device and and presses a few buttons and a limo drives up and a chauffeur opens the back doors for them.

Haze shows Roland into the limo and into the back seat and a pale man in a white suit and thick white gloves and if one was looking hard enough they could tell his hair was fake. The man was sitting across from Roland.

X: using a machine to mechanically alter his voice he speaks to Roland "Good to see you, Mercenary Roland. I trust the business is going well? I hope Haze wasn't too intimidating. Most can't get through his greeting without feeling a little nervous." he said and they started driving around the city

"I don't want to keep you with idol chatter so I will cut to the chase. Roland, from what I have heard about you seem to be quite a lone wolf, am I right? living alone....and obviously killing alone." he looks up at the building they just left "I want to give you a life changing opportunity, one that will give you an entirely new life, a fresh start, and assuming you are a traveling mercenary, a rich home to live in"

"I don't think you are near well appreciated enough, you should be living to higher potential. i believe our group can give you the things that a mercenary of your caliber deserves." he slides his hand towards a brief case and draws it towards him "Roland, if you work for us. I will give you a life others could only imagine having"

"You have been having strange things happen to you lately haven't you? Things you can't tell anyone else because they are above any human magnitude. We know how to help you train it. We can help you use it to your advantage, with others around you that know how it feels and people you can trust. Allies to join you in battle, an escape from loneliness. All you have to, is join us"

Haze hand Roland a pen with a form that asked for a signature.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:55 pm
Rolands eyes narrowed "Who exactly is this "us" you keep referring to? Your being rather... mystic." The whole unappreciated thing was rather fresh in Rolands memory...

"I expected that you would do as you are told. You are just a simple sellsword"

...Roland shook the thought out of his head. "I'm interested, but I'm afraid I'll be needing a bit more information before I sign anything."  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:02 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
Rolands eyes narrowed "Who exactly is this "us" you keep referring to? Your being rather... mystic." The whole unappreciated thing was rather fresh in Rolands memory...

"I expected that you would do as you are told. You are just a simple sellsword"

...Roland shook the thought out of his head. "I'm interested, but I'm afraid I'll be needing a bit more information before I sign anything."
"We are the Star Atters. a group made for the purpose of covertly handling abnormal situations that are beyond miltary control, highly confidential. Any other questions?"

"It will be harder then the work you've done in the past, but well worth it and you will be at least familiar with the work"  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:18 pm
"'Covertly handling abnormal situations that are beyond military control...' so... the government? Hrm, must have slipped up somewhere... alright, sounds like a plan to me. I'm in" Roland said, and signed the paper. He was taking absolutely no chances as far as the government was concerned.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:26 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
"'Covertly handling abnormal situations that are beyond military control...' so... the government? Hrm, must have slipped up somewhere... alright, sounds like a plan to me. I'm in" Roland said, and signed the paper. He was taking absolutely no chances as far as the government was concerned.

"By the military, i mean every military, we are in no league with any government. a group without a country, so don't worry about government issues" he opens the case and a certificate with Rolands name on it was there. it was his legal papers. "We will hold onto you legal issues. In case you try to betray us, and so when in the op there will be nobody to track if there are traces left behind. You are now under the protection of the Star Atters. Welcome aboard Roland."

Haze shakes Rolands hand. X writes a check and gives it to Roland, the check was worth 50,000 dollars and was signed to Roland.

X: "Consider that your introductory pay. well equip yourself Roland for your ops. and training, bye yourself something nice. We can't wait to see what great things you do"  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 pm
Rex Landon sat with his back to the wall in a dingy bar in the center of the city. Grabbing the icy bottle with three fingers, he knocked it back, taking several long gulps of the cold alcohol before setting it gingerly back on the polyurethane finish. He kept his eyes down, his head low, and his mind on his own thoughts, disturbing though they were.

The dream... it had been so vivid this time. The storm, the hard concrete... and a voice... "...come back for you someday... -mber me, Rex..." A flash of lightning and it's companion thunderclap. Splashing footsteps faded away into the distance... door creaking open and then... the rain was gone. Candlelight... a face, gently smiling and creased with age... nothing.

"...I said, do you want somethin' else, Landon? Jesus, don't you pay me no attention?" Starla, the bartender, was standing impatiently in front of his table holding a tray of perspiring drinks. "Jeez... you don't see anyone, do you, kid..." He looked up as she sat down, placing the try on the table with a light clatter. She stared at him for a long moment. "Almost a year since you set toe in this little place and still ain't heard more'n a sentence from ya." She smiled a sympathetic half-smile, shaking her head slowly from side to side. Rex said nothing. He looked back at her, his eyes studying. Her existence at this minute in the time stream revolved around his will to speak or remain silent. Being the sympathetic type he said softly, "What is it you want me to say? See there? There's you a question. More than a statement. More complex." He said it semi-condescendingly, doubting the girl's intelligence was much more than just enough to work this shabby establishment.

"A smartass, are ya? Maybe it's a good thing you stayed quiet," she teased, proving that the condescension was lost on her and instead taking it as a flirty gesture. She punched his arm softly. "Just holler if you want something else." With that she stood, picked up her tray, and strode off into the crowd.

Rex turned back to his beer. He spun the bottle slowly with his fingertips, pondering the dream again. It was coming more and more now, almost every night. He took another swig, feeling the cold liquid turn hot as the alcohol splashed against his insides, taking their effect. His mind hazed over a bit more, and he put his face in his hands. 'What day is it?' he thought idly. 'What -year- is it?' Deciding he neither knew nor cared, he slipped off into a dreamless half-sleep, disregarding the bar entirely.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:38 pm
"Fifty thousand, huh? Not bad for a starting fee. I should be able to pick up a few weapons with this." Roland thought. "Thank you. I'm sure you have many things to do, so I'll tell you what I'll do." He reached into his wallet and took out an electronic card. "This is a tech card. It's got a little switch on the side. Flip that switch, and a holographic window will pop up. It links to this," he said, and tapped his eyepiece. "Just aim your face at it, speak, and I will be able to see you and hear you. Now with that, I'll be off. Looking forward to see what calibur of work you throw my way." Roland waited for the limo to stop and opened the door, and stepped out into the daylight. He set off for a place he knew well, a not-so-legal weapons shop.  
RP/Game

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff