Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Maybe I'm just growing old. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blah blah blah blah blah; blah blah?
  Blah blah!
  ni ni ni ni ni
  Why you filthy little
  Sweet and juicy, you're the best!
  Got any carrots, or apples? Anything to munch?
  Interior Crocodile Alligator, I drive a Chevorlet Movie Theatre
View Results

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:59 am
When I visit Gaia, and even when I deliberately try to spend time on Gaia, I'm finding it harder and harder to stay entertained. I remember, back in the day, when I could honestly sit here all day long and not even desire to get up from the computer. So I'm wondering why, exactly, has Gaia lost its appeal to me?

Thinking about it, I'm not even sure if it's a change in the site, or a change in my own interests, but generally, browsing random wikipedia articles is more interesting than browsing random discussion topics.

There are a few key entertainment values that, in my opinion, are missing from Gaia.

First and foremost, relevance. When browsing Facebook, UER, or 4chan, it's actually stuff I want to read. Stuff that I want to contribute to, as opposed to simply posting for gold. ********, I wonder why I'm even typing this right now, it's not like it's all that interesting to discuss how un-interesting something is.

Secondly, artistic vale. If I want to see shitty anime artwork, I'll visit Pixiv or DA. On 4chan, especially on boards like /w/, /wg/, /x/, /c/, and possibly even /e/ (and on rare occasions /fa/, /p/, /h/, and /d/) , you get images that are at least somewhat VISUALLY interesting to look at. With the increased copyright bullshit on Gaia, even most people's signatures are disabled or s**t.

Next, content value. It's not that I only like discussing anime that's inappropriate for Gaia or something, but rather, it seems that Gaia's audience just sucks a** at picking out anime. Naruto and One Piece are hardly worth mentioning when compared to Kara No Kyoukai, Shangri-La, Eve No Jikan, etc. Sure, there are occasional threads here dedicated to Eureka Seven, Elfen Lied, Higurashi, or some other series I've tolerated, but it's never new or revolutionary. It's always s**t from at least a few years ago that's already been mainstreamed and fagged up. Even Facebook tries to provide you with things relevant to your interests. The fan pages and groups send out useful announcements, and at least there I know who people are, as opposed the overprotected privacy rules here. I've only met people in person to find out that they have Gaia accounts; I've never met someone in person who I previously knew on Gaia; with most websites, it's the other way around.

Whatever.

/rant  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:18 am
You might like manipulating the MP. I even know a few people looking to start a small dedicated group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2RFcrreoE8&feature=related
Do you know if that is from an anime and if so which?

User Image
Same question there.

Have you seen the third season of Higurashi yet?  

Metalic_Noodles

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:22 am
I second this.

Today is the first day I have said to myself "self why don't you get on and see if anything new has popped up on gaia?" Nothing has unfortunately except they are WAY more out of control with the evolving items.

I still wish Xenon would post more adventures of Xenon videos on youtube. Now that s**t was funny.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:28 am
Metalic_Noodles
You might like manipulating the MP. I even know a few people looking to start a small dedicated group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2RFcrreoE8&feature=related
Do you know if that is from an anime and if so which?

User Image
Same question there.

Have you seen the third season of Higurashi yet?

The video uses screens from a Japenese game called Human Sacrifice, as well as alot of Vocaloid artwork. No animu in there that I recognized, unfortunately.

Haven't seen that pictures before, I'm afraid. It looks like original artwork, though.

What I've seen of the third season of Higurashi sucked, so i quit watching it. Right now I've got more interesting things to watch. I'm president of the anime club at my school, so I have to catch up on a few things.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:29 am
Maybe it has to do that we spent so much time here that we needed a break? It happened to me a few times since Nov. 2007 when I built a computer.

I think that as long as we don't OD, and don't let other projects pile up that it is a lot better.

Anime club sounds fun! I was hoping of an anime with the same story as the video.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:41 am
Aw, little Trevy's all grown up. heart

But seriously though, you're right, Gaia lost it's fun. Takes a lot of digging to find something.

Dana Pixie Stix

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:44 am
Maybe it is an age thing, or it could be a degenerating user base because the kids keep joining that are too young.

Personally, I busy with a new guild, but I've barely RPed at all since I got this computer. I miss RPing, but something in me is just stopping me.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:51 am
I can't really say it's an age thing or an interest thing; I've become more interested in Anime and Video Games as I get older. I actually keep up with mainstream games now that I have the money to (can't wait for Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2), but I generally find that the people on Gaia aren't even worth discussing games with (outside of the guild at least).

I certainly don't expect a huge audience on Gaia to share some interests with me (such as Urban Exploration, Photography, Programming, old World Of Darkness games, etc) but I'd still certainly like to see something other than social drama from time to time. I feel like this is an angst club sometimes. And while it's fun to play psychiatrist for a while, it eventually gets tiring.  

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:51 am
I tend to spend the most time on gaia just shopping the regular gaia shops, marketplace and gaia cash shop. I've saved some items over the years and actually sold some in the passed few months because i'm seeing so many items depreciate. not all of them some of the rly old items are astronomical in the bajillions.

but alot of formerly hot items like kiki, coco, even me cn scarf. are dropping in value. so i've sold out alot of other items lately.. just because with full work schedule i'm exhausted and don't want to spend my 2 hours a night just getting to answer chats on wow from ppl missing me which i love em but ya. and don't get ya dad into an mmo if he's mega needy btw lol that'll kill some wow...

some of the depreciation to some of the monthly collectibles from just a couple years ago i'm guessing is from the saturation of items in general. from gaia shops adding more junk to get income (which worked i r guiltyz) to a free item for every single advertised new movie, game, tv show, cereal product, condom and tampon out there.

and ******** some suspicious package it can kiss my a** so there.....luck is not my friend.

that being said. i lurve u aweirgan! 3nodding take breaks if it gets too mind gelling but gotta always stop back by!... oh! i doubt this knowing ya but if u need gaia shopping therapy to help with gaia boredom just holla xD but that's just what i do to help the monotony  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:57 am
It would be awesome if a bunch of Gaians with a lot of old expensive items got together to chat about anime and have fun plotting how they could destroy the Gaian economy for funsies.

Seriously, if anyone with any decent knowledge wanted to trash the MP as a hobby or project I would be so in.  

Metalic_Noodles

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:59 am
That's the thing, my most valuable items are a cache of ZOMG CL 10 rings (which I can't exactly sell) and everything else ZOMG will saturate the market in due time. As far as items, I don't actually have a ton, maybe a millionsworth or so. So I don't exactly have the funds to item whore (and when I do, I usually spend it switching my gender back and forth, as the items I like, outside of the ones I'm wearing, usually look better on female bases).

I've honestly had too much fun with the store items. Most of them I've had and exhausted at one point or another, and they've severely slowed updates. The items I want now are cash-shop exclusive, and I've unfortunately started paying for my own school, leaving me without the IRL funds to waste on Gaia Cash (and they'll probably ban me again for no reason some day or another). And I no longer have the gold to just buy them.

Even so, avatar customization, while it does encourage you to show off your avatar, only keeps you entertained for so long.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:05 am
You still have more than me, proper manipulation would increase our funds, and smaller items are less noticeable and are more likely to alter the economy. Things that are large don't sell as easily and more people would recognize our efforts.  

Metalic_Noodles

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:08 am
sad but true. even i eventually am running out of the cheaper items to catch up on and buy. and last night i just sat trying on different s**t... which i have to do the hard way if i do the "get nekkid" i'll lose my blue eyes from gogh reed since it evolved to that stupid lightning gerbil stage.. all i did was try on clothes half an hour then it froze, i hit the refresh and it temporarily banned me for browsing too quickly and possible botting wtf.

i guess because hitting the hat, top, bottom and all off and on refreshes too but s**t that doesn't earn you gold. imma be banned for buying clothes and trying them on at superhuman speed lmao  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:10 am
/wrists

and now i feel like posting some truly worthwhile comments

also narutard sucks. watch elfen lied its p coo.  

Darthspanky

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:10 am
Rydia-Beck
sad but true. even i eventually am running out of the cheaper items to catch up on and buy. and last night i just sat trying on different s**t... which i have to do the hard way if i do the "get nekkid" i'll lose my blue eyes from gogh reed since it evolved to that stupid lightning gerbil stage.. all i did was try on clothes then it froze, i hit the refresh and it temporarily banned me for possible botting wtf

Yeah, that "freeze" was actually when the ban started. Every time you change an item, it refreshes the image of your avatar, which can lead them to believe you're botting. It's happened to me near a half-dozen times now.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff