Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
We met up and the world didn't end. Details + pics pg 3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ATG Takes Over the Capital Ex Midway!
  EPIC!!!
  lame.
  I live on the other side of the world, what do I care?
  Monkey bunions!
View Results

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 pm
So, a bunch of us were talking in the IRC, and as it turns out, Viral is coming to Canada next month to be all disgustingly lovey dovey with Kerries. We decided that the two of them should come up to Edmonton so I can introduce them to the resident fire breathing dragon in our gargantuan mall. That idea evolved into this one:

What if we get all the ATGers we can to meet up in Edmonton sometime between July 15 and July 20th?

The Capital Ex (formerly known by the much more awesome name of Klondike Days) is on during that time, along with a big huge food festival. Here is a list of the (free with gate admission!) concerts happening, and $38 CAD gets you a pass to ride all the rides all day, plus admission to the EdFest concert that night. WOOHOO!

Other things to do include a trip to West Edmonton Mall, where there is a pirate ship, some sea lions, underwater sea caverns, an amusement park, a water park, a pile of other things, and of course a fire-breathing dragon. Oh and also an IMAX screen. I'm not sure what will be playing that weekend, but an IMAX movie is usually worth seeing.

SO! Who would be willing/able to come? What do you all want to do? Which day/days work out the best for you? Do you need help figuring out accommodations? Transportation?

NEW INFOS!!!!

Kerries and V are driving up to Edmonton on the Friday (the 17th) and staying the night, driving back down to Cowtown on the 18th. So, Friday night in Edmonton then. Who wants to do what??? Keep in mind we have at least one minor (under 18, the legal drinking age in Alberta for those who don't know) with us, so bars, pubs, and clubs are out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:10 am
100% no for me, unfortunately. As much as I would love to go, and would even tell my mother to go take a flying leap if she tried to stop me with her stupid crap, I can't. July 17, my grandfather is having two knees replaced, and I have to stay home with my grandmother. As it is, I might not even make it on my Amtgard camping trip on the 24th of July.

Hope you guys have a blast. Once things get straightened out for me, and if another meet-up is planned in the future, I'm there.  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 am
You tempt me with awesome community gatherings Kals. crying

I know for a fact that I'm not able to get up there at this time, but I also really, REALLY wanna crying

Maybe during the next event thing Aretoo and I could make it (In the event we had some spending monies in our pockets [we need a large lump sum to fall on our heads]).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:45 am
If there is interest, perhaps we can make this an annual (or bi-annual?) occurrence, and move the location around so that everyone gets a chance to go at some point? Edmonton can't be the only city in the world (or realistically North America, since most of our members are located on this continent) that has exciting things happening in July. If we are on the ball and plan in advance, it will be easier for people to come.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

124-C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:45 am
Go to Canada?! Pfffft!

@All USA Residents — If you intend to leave the USA, you will need a valid passport to get back in, now. So make sure to plan for that as well. Actually, I suggest getting one anyway, never know when you'll need to go international...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:22 am
Aw I wish I could but, I'm closer to the border of Mexico than Canada sad

But, you guys better be taking a camera! Want to see lots of new pics ^_^  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:03 am
124-C
Go to Canada?! Pfffft!

@All USA Residents — If you intend to leave the USA, you will need a valid passport to get back in, now. So make sure to plan for that as well. Actually, I suggest getting one anyway, never know when you'll need to go international...

That just puts us on a level playing field -- Canadians have required passports in order to enter the States for at least the past five years.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:15 am
User Image

... DAMMIT!

THIS IS WHY I HATE LIVING IN THE FRICKIN' UK!

stressed

NOTHING cool ever happens over here! NOTHING.

The only other ATGer that I know of that lives in the UK is Kitty. And she doesn't even come her any more.

xd

User Image

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:21 am
At least you've met an ATGer, Bass!

The closest I've ever gotten is seeing Isel walk away from a distance. And he's not even an ATGer anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:23 am
Oh yeah?! Well, I've never even seen an atger walk away! crying (well, except myself when I look in the mirror while trying on shoes)  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:29 am
Alarias
Oh yeah?! Well, I've never even seen an atger walk away! crying (well, except myself when I look in the mirror while trying on shoes)

rofl

Silly Ala.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:26 pm
gonk
I really wanna go, but it's so far away. ;_; If any of you come out East, lemme know.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:08 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would love to go but despite being close to the border I'm on the other side of the country from Edmonton itself. XD;

Even if I could I wouldn't have money or transportation anyway 8D; -failz-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:49 pm
Like Ala, I'm closer to Mexico than Canada (And even when I lived up north, I was far closer to Vancouver).

Besides, I has no money for the trip gonk
(And I got suckered into taking a summer class stare )

But yes, take lots of pictures 3nodding

invisible-weirdo

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:31 pm
User Image

We probably can't make it.

I always see someone from the ATG, everyday! That aside though, Liz and us get together whenever we can.
User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces