Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
You will be happy to know... *New events, new stress* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:45 pm
For all you dicks who wished GTR would just go away, he has for about 5 to 9 months if he behaves, if not he'll be gone for 15 months. The reason is because he's in jail now. Hope you're happy, and please don't post any bullshit as that would be overly disrespectful right now.

For those of you who didn't wish him to leave and want to give him words of encouragement feel free to do it here and I'll get it all sent off to him.

Everyone is telling me that I'm handling this really well. I guess everyone thought I would be in a ball on the floor the whole time. I have kids and lives that I need to make sure carry on despite this, so it's basically do it or have the kids taken from me. I still feel like s**t though and I can't possibly imagine how he must feel being confined and away from his family. I would bet he's feeling s**t loads worse than I am right now. I used to get so angry when I would see him on the computer all the time, but now I feel stupid because that seems so petty now. Right now everything here reminds me of him and it's hard as ********! Lydia keeps asking where Daddy is and if we can visit him. How sad is it that I have to tell her that she can't see her father right now.

On Monday I'm going to a different lawyer and seeing if it's worth appealing any of this. I can't see why it wouldn't be and I'm hoping that he'll be home within a a month or two. I just have to keep thinking "he's coming home eventually.". Any words of comfort, experience, or anything else that would help would be awesome. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:48 pm
Is it private or may I ask what the Obama happened?

Single parenthood, temporary or permanent, is not easy.

Stay strong. 8D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:52 pm
Edited by GRM for GTR's safety.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:57 pm
So, he's innocent, right?

That's a serious crime. O.o Was your lawyer one of those free ones?  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:19 pm
I'm sorry to hear the trouble you guys are going through. I hope everything works out and hope you can have the strength to pull through.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:24 pm

We had legal aid behind us, so he was free for us but the government payed for him. He just sucked, he kept asking for adjournments and didn't say it was him asking for them and not him, so the judge thought it was him doing it. The lawyer never once called US in, we had to make appointments with him. He suggested that GTR waive his aboriginal rights which, GTR didn't know, would have made her give him a less harsh sentence. Like I said, he sucked!  

God-Raped-Me

lizzica

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:15 pm
My overly emotional self got teary-eyed over this whole thing.
I hope that whatever can go right for you both in this situation does.

*Removed By Ala at Grim's request*

I hope your next lawyer can help you more than the previous, and I wish you the best through all of this, with the best possible outcome.
And I'm disgusted with myself for having to use best twice in a sentence... but sometimes it happens.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:34 pm
*Removed by Ala at Grim's request*  

Undakai
Crew

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:46 pm
Wow, I don't even know what to say.

The lawyer sounds like a dipshit, and it isn't fair that you should get subpar legal counsel just because the government was paying.

I really hope that an appeal is possible, so you guys can all be together again soon. : ( Must be extremely hard on everyone involved.

I wish I could think of something profound or even comforting to say. sad I'm sorry. Hang in there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:12 pm

I can't believe he was convicted with all these ******** lies. I'm pissed and sad and confused and everything you possibly can be!

Lizz and Tae, thanks, like I said all I can do is just live for my children right now and get to a lawyer as soon as I possibly can! If not, we may be moving to Mexico! xd  

God-Raped-Me

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:28 am

Last night sucked. It hit me that I would be sleeping without GTR there for a long time. Even if it's only two months, that's longer than I want to be alone in that bed at night. I have his jacket and his hat that smell like him and that was helping for a bit, until I got angry that it wasn't him then it didn't help much. GTR's cousin and his sister are doing a really great job at keeping my mind off him during the day, but as soon as I'm left alone I think about him.

It's just not fair at all. I don't see how the judge thinks that 15 months AND probation is fair. I think it's jail and NOTHING because jail is punishment enough to anyone, or do house arrest and probation. He did say that he may need to go under psych evaluation, which is good because it may get him in the psych ward like 5 minutes away from here, and it'll give him the help he's been wanting for a long time now, also when I visit I'll actually be able to touch him!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:55 am
gonk I don't even know what to say...
I really feel for ya and you can PM me anytime if you need to talk to someone.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:50 pm
gonk My sister in law thinks that if the appeal doesn't work or is a bad idea that I'm going to need counselling(according to Firefox, counselling isn't a word...). I hope I don't. I'm planning on calling the jail tonight and seeing if I can talk to him. I was talking about how I've been and I thought it had been at least a week... It's only been 2 days since he's been gone. I couldn't and still can't believe it. I think my reality is still surreal right now. I thought I had gotten better this morning, but when I thought about it only being 2 days since I saw him...

Now I feel stupid and pathetic.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:41 pm
*Removed by Ala at Grim's request*

Again, though, I don't know Canadian law (briefly tried to look it up but couldn't really find what I was looking for), and even then it seems this trial was one sided (of course, I'm getting all my info from one side as well), so I would definitely seek out a different layer, see what he has to say on the subject.  

Undakai
Crew

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas