Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
Deadliest Game Characters Round 1 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Havok-Trance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:15 pm
It's Link Vs. Solid Snake. Please note that all the weapons and facts are Canon facts, their strategies as fighters apply as well.

Competetors

[b]Name[/b] Link
[b]Age[/b] 17
[b]Height[/b] 5'8"
[b]Weight[/b] 130 - 147 Lbs
[b]Race[/b] Hylian
[b]Known Victories[/b] Savior of hyrule 14+ times, and Savior of Termina

[b]Name[/b] David "Solid Snake"
[b]Age[/b] 30 - 40's
[b]Height[/b] 5'9"
[b]Weight[/b] 140 Lbs
[b]Race[/b] Anglo-Saxon
[b]Known Victories[/b]Operation Intrude N313, Zanzibar Land Uprising, Shadow Moses, The Manhattan Incident, The Manhattan Incident

Weapons

Link

Short Range Master Sword
Mid Range Bombs
Long Range Bow and Arrows/ Bomb Arrows
Special Weapon Gale Boomerang
Armor Hylian Shield and Chain mail underneath tunic

Solid Snake

Short Range Combat Knife
Mid Range Grenades
Long Range Tranqulizer
Special Weapon Nikita Rocket launcher
Armor Camoflauge and bullet proof vest

[b]Short Range[/b]
[u]Link[/u]- Master Sword, two and a half foot blade, created to vanquish evil
[u]Snake[/u]- Combat Knife, Six inch blade made for stealth kills
[u]Advantage[/u]- Link and his Master Sword, the blade is much longer and combined with his arm length it is very difficult to get around.

[b]Mid Range[/b]
[u]Link[/u]- Bombs, Gun powder filled pots that explode with heat and fire.
[u]Snake[/u]- Grenade, Sharpnel throwing explosive made to rip and tear.
[u]Advantage[/u]- Snake, While Link's bombs are a wider radius they are heavier and unable to be thrown far distances.

[b]Long Range[/b]
[u]Link[/u]- Bow and Bonb arrows, Steel tipped arrows, some fastened with miniture bombs.
[u]Snake[/u]- Traqulizer, Pistol made to knock out anyone it hits
[u]Advantage[/u]- Link, Arrows are kill weapons while a traqulizer, Snake's iconic pistol, is only a support weapon.

[b]Special Weapons[/b]
[u]Link[/u]- Gale Boomerang, A Handheld sharpened boomerang that used the winds to push and pull objects.
[u]Snake[/u]- Nikita Rocket Launcher, Rocket launcher with controlled but slow missle.
[u]Advantage[/u]- Snake, This Rocket Launcher will lay down all it hits, while the Boomerang will probably give you a few cuts and bruises

[b]Armor[/b]
[u]Link[/u]- Chain Mail and Shield, Steel Armors made to stop projectiles and slashing weapons.
[u]Snake[/u]- Camoflauge and BPV, Useful for blending in but allows no protection/ BPV allows moderate protection against small Bullet like projectiles.
[u]Advantage[/u]- Link, Chain Mail and Shield, These Steel defenses were crafted to deflect all forms of weaponry from projectile, melee and magic.

This is just with a few days of research on the Characters, and having played all their games in my past years. I will be RPing their Battle in a seperate thread, If you truely wish to see more indepth check it out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 pm
bullshit to that whole post. You forgot about Snakes I don't know Rifle and the fact that shields back in the day were not designed to withstand bullets. Snake would kill link in one shot no contest. Your whole researched was biased because of picking favorites.  

Eris5

Fist of the Bro Star

Shirtless Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:53 pm
The fact that eris knows more about these games than hector is scaring the hell out of me. eek

I do have to agree though, snake would crush link. No contest.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:54 pm
I'm going off of their icon weapons, If Snake was sent into an area, and their were no other weapons those would be the weapons he would have, those are the weapons he always has, if you wanna call me biased, go ahead I really don't care.

Snake is an Espionage character not a run n gun hulk of gaming.  

Havok-Trance

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 am
And accaully arrows are effective but tranq. guns are modern weapons and would knock link out, snake wouldn't win hands down but hectur is right those would be his basic weapons although I disagree who would win snake is faster and link is wieghted down snake can hide and aim a tranq dart at links neck.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:11 am
basically arrows would be ineffective to kevlar,
Link is slow and not good at hiding at all.
Even if snake got close range to Link in which he would probably lose at that range he would of rigged the battlefield with C4. He is a sabatuouer he would make sure to win or at least kill his opponent if being killed. Snake has military training. Link is from a little hut up in a tree and is forced into adventure.  

Eris5

Havok-Trance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 am
Thank you for being mature, yes, I understand your points, but the reason Tranq lost is because its not a kill shot, and it isn't small enough to make it into the chainmail.

I do understand the points many people favor Snake but i felt he didn't have any basic weapons that could break through steel.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:16 am
The fact that people are debating this at least makes this a fair match-up. I say we put in the data and give this thing a show!  

Fist of the Bro Star

Shirtless Seraph

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 am
hector rouge
Thank you for being mature, yes, I understand your points, but the reason Tranq lost is because its not a kill shot, and it isn't small enough to make it into the chainmail.

I do understand the points many people favor Snake but i felt he didn't have any basic weapons that could break through steel.

Well link doesn't have armor on his neck but i guess he could block with his shield but then agian what if he didn't it is all about his sense link also has a fairy tellign him everythign sorta like having a complete 360 view of the area. but snake is trained to end thigns fast so in the end arrows are good but link when he fires arrows he has his shield down and snake could shoot him in the neck. so these are just a few counter examplers i could go on about their other weapons.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 am
Okay then, I will save the outcome on Word, and then I will do some more searching around for information on bulleet proof vests, steel and much more. But if my conclusion is still the same please be mature when stating your opinions.  

Havok-Trance

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:28 am
and to say we need 2 experts on both characters not just one person then have a third person make the desision who doesn't know anything about the charecters besides the info the 2 sides have presented  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:34 am
Okay, well then, I will have to say Zeramaru will be one Snake Expert, I will be one Link Expert as I've played Link more and I've become obsessed with the Zelda series.

So I'll speak with Zeramaru and look for other experts  

Havok-Trance

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:40 am
I'm a link expert I've play almost everygame besides a few of the origanal games first we need to deside which version we are going to use because there are so many so first things first link kid, or link adult, link deinty, or any of his other forms.

I need to find someone that doesn't play games , someone like that damn it will be difficult....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:42 am
Okay so We got the two Link Experts, well I was going tor Twilight Princess Link as he is the more recent and most skilled.  

Havok-Trance

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:44 am
hector rouge
Okay so We got the two Link Experts, well I was going tor Twilight Princess Link as he is the more recent and most skilled.
yeah that would be for the best he had good sword skills, but how far into the game, and instead of bombs i think he should use the hook shot it is a beter tool and would be able to be used a bit better than bombs.  
-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff