Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Wesponobiwotee Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drinking before you're 21?
  FUN
  Fine
  Fine in moderation
  Fine if you're like, 19, or 20
  NOT OK
View Results

Artanus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:11 pm
I was just looking at the bottom on my glass, thinking, what to my fellow guildies think of this subject? Is it OK to drink illegally?

Before you act all shocked and appalled at lil' 15 year old Arty, I must inform you that I limit myself quite radically. This is my first drink in a while. I don't have a chronic drinking problem or anything.

Opinions: GO  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:16 pm
i used to have watered down wine or a wine cooler w/dinner when i was younger. and then after i turned 18, i could drink in the bahamas when we went bc it was legal.

i think its FINE in moderation and as long as your parents are aware of it. ((moderation means like, 1 drink per session of drinking and 1 session a month in my book)). the problem is, when you're younger, you already have low-impulse control issues and alcohol just adds to that.

the average teenager is also prone to give into peer pressure as they've yet to fully defined themselves AND aren't as good at predicting consequences as an adult would be. so...yeah, at the dinner table w/your parents or whatever is fine like wine.

if you're sneaking ANYTHING though, you have a problem. trufax.  

WastelandMama
Crew

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:16 pm
15 is a little young... D: my uncle Philip started at 12 though... hes an alcoholic now.... Id be VERY careful if I were you. If thats even possible with a 15 year old .-. no offense dude. How exactly does a 15 year old decide whats enough and whats not? Also most alcoholics dont believe they are alcoholics .. i doubt you are XD ... just saying though. If you ask my uncle he will tell you he drinks maybe 1 or 2 beers every now and then.... but he drinks all day long starting at like 5 am. Hes almost died a few times of alcohol poisoning.

D: I dont mess with alcohol. Im 21 so Im legal drinking age in N.Y. but I normally stay away from that stuff. Ive seen what it can do to people.. my family on both sides have a lot of bad history with alcohol.

Im trying not to lecture you here but if I were you Id stay away from drinking sweetie... even if its only once in a while. D: the younger you are when you start drinking the more susceptible you are to becoming addicted when your older.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:57 pm
Just don't drink and... ride your bike?  

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

Awiergan Retribution

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:44 pm
******** dude, you're 15? I feel old.

Here's my opinion. I don't have one.

I personally rarely ever drink. I've never been drunk, but I don't really care if you are or not. I DO care if drunk people do something that irritates me. But if they can be responsible with it, it's their business.

Responsibility is the key. People NEED to learn to drink responsibly.

I personally think they should switch the drinking age and driving age so people learn how much alcohol they can hold BEFORE we start putting them in metal killing machines. But whatever.

Then again, I'm rather apathetic to the whole issue in the first place, as it doesn't particularly concern me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:01 pm
Personally, I could care less about drinking age.

If you're in your own house, with parental permission, then go for it.

But, this is coming from a 17 year old who attempted drinking at the age of like... 2? Anyways, it depends on what the overseeing power at home dictates drinking wise.

Like Trev wrote, "RESPONSIBILITY is the key."

Lyss The One In The Back
Crew

ROFLwafflesFTW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:26 am
I honestly think it depends on the person. It also depends on the age. Overall, as long kids aren't getting hammered on a daily basis, or weekly basis, it's probably fine.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:19 am
it definitely depends on the person, you have to be very carerful and aware of yourself....drinking and getting a buzz and getting drunk are different things, though not far from each other.........i think its ok to drink illegally, as long as people dont point at you saying, "so thats why underage drinking is illegal"  

Lineriku

RaidenKazama

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:37 am
Well just a few things to say here:

Your drinking age at 21 sucks a**. I'd hate that. I think 18 is a good age.

I don't think there's any point drinking on your own at home.

If you get drunk you should know what type of drunk you are. I don't think anyone should drink if they get violent when their drunk.

I don't particularly care what age you're drinking, but probably anything under 15 is a bit silly.

If you are a young'n (this can also apply to older people) you should think about the scenario your in:

Having a few drinks with some mates whilst you play x box, watch tv or whatever is fine, since it relaxes you.

Buying a litre of vodka and drinking it in a carpark just for the sake of getting drunk. Then no.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:00 am
Pretty much I agree with everyone else - you need to be responsible when you're drinking and mostly likely be open about it too.

I don't really care to drink but I've done it mostly on special occassions. I drink more wine and champagne then hard liquor. And I've only been "drunk" once but that was due to a lack of food plus not realizing you shouldn't drink when you're on anti-depressants ~ one hell of a hangover.  

Goddess Ace
Crew

Angie moo
Crew

Rainbow Fatcat

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:56 am
To me its if your responsible, I drink a few bottles of Mike's hard lemonade during holidays that is it for meh. As for my younger brother he is only 17 and has started a really bad drinking habit I'm getting really worried about it. Hes been doing this since he was fifteen. I can't talk to him about it either cause he doesn't live with my mom or my dad so yeah. What scares me even more is that he is gonna get killed one day while he's drunk. ._."

But anyways just as long as you are responsible about drinking I honestly don't care what your age is (except if your 13 yrs n under)*shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:59 am
I agree with mostly everything already said. -shrugs- As long as you don't get wasted and become an alcoholic, I guess it's your decision.

I personally hate alcohol with a fiery, burning, murderous passion. My family has been screwed over by alcohol so many times...
My friends are also complete dumbasses with alcohol - and they're older than you.

I do think you should only drink at home if you're illegal. That way if anything happens you don't screw up in public or do something to ruin someone's day.

That's my bit.  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:38 am
RaidenKazama
Well just a few things to say here:

Your drinking age at 21 sucks a**. I'd hate that. I think 18 is a good age.

legal drinking age ISN'T 21 everywhere, just in most places. a lot of states/towns have it set at 18 for beer/wine and 21 for the hard stuff.

idk who said it, but they said there's a line between being buzzed and being drunk, and i'm sorry, but there isn't. that 'buzzed' feeling is your brain switching off, which means you have impaired reflexes, cognitive skills, hand-eye coordination, etc. YOU ARE DRUNK.

people always b***h about the legal limits being so low, but they're low for a reason! once you've started to feel the alcohol, ITS ALREADY AFFECTING YOU. idk why that's hard for people to understand.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:22 am
Well the age here is 18 so its different I guess. Me drinking when I was 15 wasn't as bad xD  

Zaoth Kun
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Teh Banz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:54 am
I don't drink. At all; I don't think I ever will. But that's just me.

I suppose drinking is okay, but to quote just about everybody, it needs to be done in a responsible manner. I'm personally against it, but I'm just very uptight about the subject. *shrugs*  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff