Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Black Cat Hamlet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:30 am
http://www.globalwarmingsolutions.org/
http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/campaigns/forests/solutions-to-deforestation

This stuff's real, people! Something needs to be done!

'nuff said..  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:45 am
Go away, we don't want your links!  

God-Raped-Me

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:22 am
Well they're just conservation websites, so it's not like links to shady websites....

This is a thread for discussion of global warming, albeit a poorly constructed one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:47 am
This issue is too political for real science to be done on it. I can no longer judge anything as I am uneducated. I will say that the dogma we accept global warming as is dangerous.

Also Greenpeace is full of s**t  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am
Ok waku, I just refuse all links now.

As for the discussion, does anyone really give two shits anymore? I mean it's proven that global warming is a natural occurrence that takes place every few thousand years or so.

If you REALLY want to stop global warming, go and kill a couple billion people, because no one takes into the body warmth of a few billion more, I will bet you anything that our body warmth has something to do with it as well.

I think of it as the earth pounding in it's reset button.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:50 am
AH GTR while the earth does have more people than it needs, short of letting the next world war start tomorrow they aren't going anywhere.
And the world's long term weather parterns are still a bit vague but sure we are in one of the warming periods.

All that aside doesn't change the fact that blatantly ingnoring the problems aren't helping any. Therefore to give the thread dicussion beyond posted links:
I recycle anything and everything I can, try to keep my energy consumption down and am waiting for the means for us to get solar panels on our roof.

What, if anything, does anyone else do? What have people heard about that is being done to help? Or what have people heard about that is being developed to someday make things better?

I've heard that buying locally grown vegies is a great help, that people can compost in their kitchens using a special bin and wormies.
And that even though renewable energy sources are great, that shipping them long distances turns out to be counnter productive.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:01 pm
Mix your own cleaning supplies.
Drill your own well for water supply.
Capture rain water.

Recycling seems to have quite a few pros and cons to it. Recycling items can use very large amounts of energy and cause pollution. I'd just try to avoid purchasing items that come in plastic containers. Just get a good water bottle and keep it with you to refill, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Recycling has its cons? And here I was, breathing down my dad's neck to allow me to recycle. Sure, I feel better about where all our plastic bottles are going (dad's a Sierra Mist drinker).

*Sighs.* I thought I was doing something good.

EDIT: Does anybody know if those Green cleaning products actually work?

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:10 pm
I still recycle when I have to. I'd rather do that then throw things away....
I just wonder if recycling is sort of like various anti-drug campaigns...that we're really just being brainwashed from an early age to do one thing because doing the opposite is FULL OF EVIL, when really the alternative isn't nearly as harmful as we're told.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:12 pm
Yeah there are still some major issues with recycling but paper helps quite a bit with not cutting trees, (which is not as big a problem as it was years ago since there are more tree farm and replacment type programs going on)

Living in a city makes catching rain water useless for everything but watering plants. The acid rain does a number on the leaves of my dogwood as is crying
And wells from what I learned in a class this year also have pros and cons, and it's important that they are dug correctly and safely.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:14 pm
Yeah, I'd make sure any well was dug professionally by people who know exactly what they're doing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:28 pm
recycling isn't enough. pollution starts back at the factories, where toxins are put into our consumer products and chemicals are released in the air, plus all the trash they create while making our toxic products. Plus the fact that they BURN these toxins at the dump which creates dioxide, or they just transport the trash to a third world country, after they cut down their forests. recycling is still a good idea, but it's not the solution.

ibixch

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:33 pm
Heh, solution?

Plan B:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And when we ******** that one up, Plan C:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

biggrin

... gonk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:35 pm
Yay for digging our own graves! Or the government kissing corporate a** and dooming us all. neutral  

ibixch

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:21 pm
Actually if you use more paper they have to plant more trees. So what people should do, for about a year or 2, is use as much paper as they want and THEN stop using so much, so that way people have to plant a s**t load of trees, and none of this evergreen tree s**t! They USE O2!

As for the rest, I really don't care what people recycle or not. We need organic s**t in our dumps to help break down the s**t that's there. Our town however wants us to divide it all up.

I donno this topic can really get me ranting.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff