Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
A Thiefs Tale (open and always accepting) NEEDS PEOPLE!!!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you join?
  Hell yez!!!! (thank you!)
  No, i wants teh moonay!! (poll whore)
  Maybe...(ok)
  I HAVE A PET ROCK NAMED RICKI!!! (I shall kill your pet rock, bwahahaha)
View Results

infinite_personalities101

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:05 pm
Many centuries ago, a common theif had found his way into an abandoned village, forgotten by the world. The theif was growing old and was ready to retire from his criminal ways, and decided to make the forgotten city a refuge, to those of his kind. With the wealth he had acquired from his years theiving, he used it to restore the abandoned city to its glory, and it became the theif city 'Felicite', and he the master of theives, become the cities leader. In his power he had formed a council of elders. The city soon became a refuge for all theives, if they needed rest or a home. No one here stole from one another, for it was not neccessary.

After several years of peace, the leader soon died of old age, but he had left no successer to the throne. The council of Elders formed a meeting and decided a way to solve the dilema. Every theif child over the age of thirteen, and less then 20, was elidgable to take the throne. Their only test was to be accepted by 'The Heart'. 'The Heart' is small ruby, and was the only object their former leader had when he formed the city. They say it some how saved his life, and 'The Heart' had speacial powers that could tell ones true self. But on the day of the initiation, when the young theives, made their way to the ruby, a terrible discovery had been made. 'The Heart' had been stolen.

A new test had been made, the theives were sent to find 'The Heart', whoever found it would be made the new leader. Off they went.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:11 pm
Rules:

1. No GOD-MODDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. If there are any problems pm me.
3. You must have a character skeleton.
4. Pm me to join.
5. If you are a vampire YOU CANNOT SPARKLE IN SUNLIGHT!!!! ((You're a vampire, not a fairy!!))
6. YOU HAVE TO BE ACTIVE!!! Please, it's not fair to other roleplayers for such extended absences, I understand schedule problems, but if you know you're going to be gone for a period of time, please notify in an OOC, and have your character temporaily leave.
Skeleton

Username:
Alias:
Species: (can be anything you want, a hybrid, a vampire, anything at all!)
Job: (theif, common man, traveler, etc.)
Weapon:
Story: (Optional)
Picture: (If you can't find one you can describe it)
Other: (Fears, Desires etc)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Info.

Dragon Info. kindly provided by PendragonX9

> Dragons are immoral, they can still be killed or die of illness or malnourishment but in good conditions they will never die. this means they have an enormous amount of knowledge.

> Dragons have a human level of intelligence if not more, however most people don't know this due to the fact that they speak telepathically and most humans cannot hear them, exceptions being Dragonborn, Vampires, and other magic users.

> Dragons are enormously powerful magic users, the ability to breath fire is just an extension of this

> Dragons have been around since the dawn of time and watched humans grow into what they are

also a few pointers on Dragonborn

>also immortal

>they are stronger magic users then any other being other then a dragon could ever be

>they also inherent super human speed, strength, and senses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:21 pm
Username: infinate_personalities101

Alias: Evelyn

Species: Human

Job: Theif/Explorer/Navigator/Adventurer (don't ask)

Weapon: Staff

Story: Born in Felicite, Evelyn was given a chance to be leader, she tried for it, until the robbery took place. Now she is out on a search for the theif who took the ruby, and help other theives in their goal to become master of theives.

Picture: User Image

Personality: Helpful, A little absent-minded, friendly, cunning

Other: She's a bit air-headed, but can be very stubborn too. She's very confusing, but only to mess with your head. She doesn't show her fears unless neccesary.

YAY! Another person! lolz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username: PendragonX9

Alias: unpronounceable to the human tongue (goes by John)

Species: Dragon born (the child of two dragons who is born in human form)

Job: Traveler/Adventurer/mercenary whatever he feels like at the moment

Weapon: Sword, Fire, Magic

Personality: cocky, sarcastic, intelligent, and a bit cynical but a good guy who's just out to have fun

Other: John doesn't really want to be the new leader, he's just along for the ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username: Ranuu

Alias: Ranuu

Species: Daywalker (Ancient Vampire that has, through the centuries, been granted the ability to walk in the sunlight. While in the daylight, he is a normal human, and does not have his vampire powers until dusk.)

Job: Confidence Man (or 'Con Man' for short)

Weapon: His sharp tongue and mind, his uncanny ability to talk people out of things, fangs, and his sword, of course. Not to mention the superhuman abilities that are granted when the sun sets (advanced agility, speed, strength, healing and the like, as well as a few minor magical powers).

Story: Born in the years preceding the Renaissance in southern England, Ranuu Agarium was never meant to succeed. His family was poor, his father a farmer and his mother a woman (no rights in those days, you see). He grew up to live on his father's farm, though he loved to hunt and fish.

During the night, sometime around his 23rd birthday, Ranuu was visited by a dark creature. It was a vampire named Claudius, who himself had been born sometime around the birth of the Roman Empire. He was an ancient man, and looked old even by vampire standards. He was horribly strong, though, and was able to overpower the boy, who was in his prime, easily. With a short, spoken incantation, he bit into the boy's neck and turned him into one of his own.

Adam taught Ranuu how to be a vampire. A good one, anyway. He taught him how to use the night to his advantage, how to dress appropriately and, most importantly, how to avoid suspicion. See, many people in those days believed in vampires, unlike today, and it was hard to go unnoticed when you didn't age. The pair moved every ten or so years for the better part of half a millenium. And then tragedy struck.

They were in Jerusalem in 1837 during the day (one of Ranuu's first days as a daywalker) when Adam took a crossbow bolt to the back of the neck. He died on the sidewalk. Ranuu fled. Part of being a good vampire was learning how to fend for yourself and not care about others.

Ranuu wandered the Earth for the next century and a half, and eventually found his way to the old thief's village. He was good at assuming identities and cheating people out of their possessions, so he took on the role of a con man, and took residence in the village. When the leadership role opened up, he jumped at the opportunity. After all, an ageless leader could do a lot for a village of thieves.

Personality: Ranuu has the wisdom of the ages under his belt. He has seen the entirety of a history book. He's fought in wars, used many types of weapons, and contributed to the world more than any other living being that he knows of. To his knowledge, he's the only living vampire left. It's caused him to become cocky. Very cocky.

The man is unfathomably calm, and feeds in the darkest part of the night. He does it without killing, having learned long ago that such an act causes suspicion and eventually a quick exodus from the town. He likes it in the thief village, and would like to contribute his own knowledge to making it better, be it through leadership or mere counsel.

Other: Ranuu is scared of wooden stakes and garlic
((sorry but it's not fair to us))
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username: Orokunoki
Alias: Orokunoki
Species: Half Demon, Half human
Job: Samurai, Fisherman, Navigator
Weapon: 2 Katanas, shurikens, teleport, super speed
Story:

Born in the year 1645. Abandoned on the day of his birth, was found on the doorstep of Akiro, a very respectable and power-hungry head of a ruthless samurai clan. Akiro took him in and raised him, showing him the ways of the samurai and various martial arts. Orokunoki loved Akiro like a father, however the feeling wasn't returned. By the time he was 14, his strength surpassed that of his master, and began developing superhuman abilities, such as flying, and telekinesis. Amazed by his powers, Akiro used him to his advantage. Akiro began using him as a tool of war, using him and his immeasurable strength to take down opposing clans and other adversaries.

As Orokunoki grew to the age of 21 he realized that Akiro wasn't his real father and was just using him to gain power. He then decided to leave the clan unbeknownst to Akiro and the other clan members and fled to a distant part of Japan known for its mischief. He set out on a journey to discover what he really is and hopefully find his parents along the way. He was out and about, unveiling his fighting skills on whoever he deemed it necessary. Although humble and always chose peace over violence, he constantly had to withstand a barrage of attacks upon him wherever he went as the area he was in wasn't very good, and having nice clothes didn't help either. All the foes he encountered were apalled when he displayed his unusual array of talents, such as how he was able to dismember his opponent's weapon in a blink of an eye, and how he used his ability to bring nearby objects to himself with his mind.

As knowledge of his fighting prowess and his unusual powers became widespread, he was called a monster and was greatly feared. He was constantly ridiculed for his unusual talents and was called a monster. He decided to steal a boat at midnight and sailed off to a distant land where the negative stigma doesnt surround him and he could live his life in peace, and abandoned his quest to find out who he or his parents was.

After many years lost at sea, he barely washes up on the shores of Felicite. His ship was almost destroyed and barely managed to make it. Orokunoki decided to live a quiet life as a fisherman while privately honing his martial arts skills, and he did so happily for more than a hundred years. However, upon hearing some news, his days of peace and tranquility were numbered. One day he hears a rumor from his fellow fishermen that the fabled 'Heart Stone' has gone missing. With the quest for greater power still ingrained within him, he decides to embark on a quest in search
for it.

Personality: Mischevious, doesn't trust others
Others: Loves sushi  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:07 pm
Night had fallen, and the creatures of the night were on the prowl. Evelyn was one of them. She sat high on a perch in a large oak tree. Her perch allowed her the perfect vantage point if the unsuspecting village below her. She had heard of the village a week ago, while working a night-job in a tavern. Some loose-lip-drunk let loose, the last location of some theif hiding out in village about a weeks ride from the tavern. He had said the theif had a some kind of priceless ruby with him. Evelyn jumped on the chance to find this guy. She looked out at the poor village, only one thought was in her mind, "I've finally found him.." that and "When I am I going to be able to eat" and "My leg's cramping" and more irritating thoughts. She shook them from her head. She leaped from her perch, and did a summer-salt on landing. She sat there crouching, checking for any signs of life. She sprinted for the village gate.  

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 am
John sat in the common room of the local tavern watching the play of the flames in the great hearth. Thinking back to the reward he had gotten for his last assignment, it had been hard admittedly but hardly worth the massive ruby he had been given. "Oh well" he thought to himself "that's nobles for you no appreciation for the value of things." "Tomorrow I'll have to see if this town has a decent gem merchant" he muttered to himself. For now though he felt tired and decided to call it a night.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:41 pm
She pressed her shoulder against the wall, and her pressed her ear against the wood, she didn't hear any sign of life on the other side. She backed up, and removed her staff from the sheath on her back. She backed up a little further and threw to the top of the wall. It hit a post near the top and started to fall again. She smiled to herself. The staff shifted and fell sideways, catching on two hooks holding oil lamps. She turned around and walked a little further away from the gate, turned and ran for the gate. At the last second Evelyn made a sharp turn and with a sharp kick, pushed off the side of a post and propelled up, she kicked off again from the opposing post, and continued going up in this pattern. She made one final kick and shot to her staff, she grabbed hold of the center and swung up and as she went over the wall, her staff came with her as she flew through the air. Evelyn hit the ground with a great dismount, and casually, and in a show-offy kind of way, brushed off the edge of her skirt. "Very well done, if I do say so myself." She walked on looking for the tavern.

((wow, I typed a lot...))  

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:23 pm
Walking across the small village's main street John entered the inn that he had booked a room in. Scanning the small common room for dangers he saw only a large group of men who had seemingly decided that they would be allowed to be more rowdy away from the tavern's large, if rather untrained, bouncers. Walking up the stairs at the back he went to his room and locked the door behind him as well as the window that looked out to the street. Striping off his armor he was sure to leave his sword within easy reach of his bed. Before settling in for the night he set wards in place around the room that would not only warn him of any intruders but paralyze them as well.

((just fyi wards are invisible until activated and they will only be activated by a human intruder))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:44 am
Evelyn had found it. She entered the tavern indicated by the rumor. There weren't a whole lot of people inside at this hour of night, which made things easier. She took a seat at the counter and waited for the bartender. "Did you see that guy? That was a lot of armor...who do you think he is?" Whispered someone not too far from where Evelyn was sitting. She asked for glass of beer and when she recieved it, strolled over to the men that were talking. "Excuse me, but could you tell me about that armored guy you mentioned earlier?" She asked sweetly. "Why? Whats a girl like you care about some mercenary like that for?" He said. "So he's a mercenary?" "Looked like one with all that armor." "Oh, do you know where he went?" "I ain't telling you." "Beer?" Four glasses of beer later, and after Evelyn lost all her money, she found the inn in which the armored man was staying. "Thanks for the info. guy!" She left, and headed for the inn. She quickly found it. She wandered inside and was determined to get her question answered. She walked to the inn keeper and asked for the man's room. "I'm sorry miss, but I can't give that information out, it's against my policy and the guest's privacy." Said the inn keeper. Evelyn started to make herself cry. "But...you don't understand!" She started to sob. "I need to find out, you see, he's my brother, and I need him to come home! Our father, he's ill and he won't make it til the end of the week, have a heart, please!" She lied, rather effectively. She whispered the room into her ear. She headed upstairs. On the way to the stairs though, she passed by a group of men that gave her dirty looks. She found the door to the room and began to pick the lock. It was rather simple. CLICK. The door opened. The room was dark and she couldn't see much, especially the chair that was seated next to the door. Her foot had gotten caught on the leg of the chair, and she tripped and landed on the wood floor. "Ow...Why can't I get up!" She was paralyzed.  

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:38 pm
The moment the door opened and his wards were activated John rolled out of bed, grabbed his sword and landed ready for anything. instead he saw a younger girl sprawled on the floor. Walking over he propped her up on the wall. Methodically he crouched in front of her and placed the edge of his sword against her throat "and what do you think you're doing?" he asked.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:02 pm
"Uh...." Was all that Evelyn could mutter. She tried again. "Uhmmm.....What, what am I doing? I am, I am the maid!" She lied. If he buys it, then I get a chance to search for the ruby. She eyed his sword, trying to hide her fear. "Yes, I'm the maid, I was sent to check the room, but I didn't realize you were in yet!" Please buy it, please buy it, please dear god buy it!!!  

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:03 pm
Pressing the sword just hard enough to draw a single drop of blood John sighed "do you really want to make this difficult?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:41 am
Even paralyzed Evelyn froze. She felt herself stop breathing, her eyes widened in panic and fear. Blood... I'm bleeding If she wanted her suffering to stop she'd have give the truth. "I came here because I heard rumors, that you posses "The Heart" a ruby that was stolen from my village almost a year ago, and I've come to take it back to my village!" Evelyn eyed the edge of his blade. She was still barely breathing.  

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 am
Pulling the sword away from the stranger's neck John stood up "I'm afraid you have the wrong guy" he said as he cleaned his blade with a nearby rag "i do have a ruby but it's just some nobles trinket." Sheathing his sword he held up the ruby "see for yourself".  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 am
((Am I still paralyzed?))

Evelyn stared at the ruby. He was right. It wasn't it. She had seen The Heart once before, and that ruby wasn't it. She sudden'y remembered she had to breathe. "So, what, are you gonna let me go?" She asked between pants.  

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:38 pm
"I suppose so" said John as he released the paralysis with a wave of his hand. "This ruby your looking for wouldn't be The Heart of Felicite would it?"  
RP/Game

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff