Reply Community Lounge
The Good and the Bad Side of Camping Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:22 pm
So, first of all I love camping. It's amazing and I always feels fresh when I wake up in a forest area, especially near the beach~. I always have something to draw from the sites that we camp at too 3nodding .
But there are some downsides, like there always is with awesome things. For one, I usually wake up with a stiff (insert part of body) because of funky hard beds. There's always the problem with the bugs, although that usually doesn't get to me as much as other people. I always end up forgetting something that is kind of important too. I just came back from some camping and I forgot like three things and I had gotten the 24 hour flu on the second day. Good thing we brought a bucket I guess sweatdrop

Anyways, what are your opinions on camping? What do you like or dislike? Where do you think the best/worst places to camp are?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:07 am
Well, I haven't been camping in years. I remember liking the trees and flowers and stuff but, hating the bugs...and the tents...with the spiders in them. I didn't care for the heat either. However, campfire and smores are wonderful. Still, I don't think I'm much of an outdoorsy person. A walk in the park is fine and all but, I prefer to sleep indoors.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:26 am
Alarias
Well, I haven't been camping in years. I remember liking the trees and flowers and stuff but, hating the bugs...and the tents...with the spiders in them. I didn't care for the heat either. However, campfire and smores are wonderful. Still, I don't think I'm much of an outdoorsy person. A walk in the park is fine and all but, I prefer to sleep indoors.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about smores and campfires! I love those~
I think that I'm half an outdoor, half indoor person.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:46 am
Camping is all fun and good until the next morning when all I want to do is brush my teeth in a sink, pee in a toliet, and take a hot shower.

So I guess I'm more of a "camp in your backyard" type of person....

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 pm
I hate bugs. The older I get, the more they bother me. I'm not sure why.

I like camping, though, although not in campgrounds. I don't like being only a few metres away from a dozen other people. xp

My favourite camping trip ever was actually part of a summer camp that I went to when I was 16. Rather than actually stay at the camp, I was part of the Voyageur program. There were 6 of us, guys and girls around 14-16, with a counselor who was I think 18. They drove us a couple hours away from the camp, dropped us off, and said, "See ya in a week!"

We canoed back to the camp along the shore, and didn't see another soul until we got back. x3 I hadn't ever been in a canoe before the trip.

Fried gorp with chocolate chips only tastes good when you've been paddling all day outdoors. =/  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:17 pm
>_O

I don't know that I've EVER fried gorp...

LOVE camping, wish I could get away to do it more. Prefer with no-one around, but alas, EVERYONE wants to go camping these days, and bring all of home with them. A campground I've been going to for years now boasts wifi connections!

As much as I love packing/camping, I don't currently have the proper equipment, so it's "tailgate camping" (or hatchback camping, I suppose) with tent and sleeping bags, etc. At least we have an excellent tent. smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:56 am
@wakusei- All the camps I've been to have had toilets, sinks and showers sweatdrop

@Taeryyn- Yeah, it's really annoying when there's other families so near yours in campgrounds.
That sounds like fun! I'd probably be scared that I was going to break my leg and no one would know what to do though.

@aretoo- wifi at a campground O.o? that's weird. I wish I could camp more often. I like the tent that we have, it has three rooms mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:22 am
We used to camp every summer. Serious camping. We'd load a tent, some sleeping bags, some fishing rods and some food on the little boat and go out to an island as far away as we could get on the gas we had in the tank.

We never once saw another person out there. It was just us, fishing and picking raspberries to our little hearts' content, and then making s'mores on the fire.

I love camping. I love everything about it. I don't even care about the mosquitoes, because the fire kept 'em off once we got it going. I really miss it, but I'm hoping we get a chance to go out again sometime this summer.

There was an overnight camp (overnight = three or four days) trip that I took every year with my summer camp until I got too old. I liked it, despite the fact that occasionally I had to share my tent with some squealing preteen who thought we were going to be sleeping in cabins or something like that. Ridiculous.

TL;DR I love camping. Love it.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:53 am
SilentShadowDreamer
We used to camp every summer. Serious camping. We'd load a tent, some sleeping bags, some fishing rods and some food on the little boat and go out to an island as far away as we could get on the gas we had in the tank.

We never once saw another person out there. It was just us, fishing and picking raspberries to our little hearts' content, and then making s'mores on the fire.

I love camping. I love everything about it. I don't even care about the mosquitoes, because the fire kept 'em off once we got it going. I really miss it, but I'm hoping we get a chance to go out again sometime this summer.

There was an overnight camp (overnight = three or four days) trip that I took every year with my summer camp until I got too old. I liked it, despite the fact that occasionally I had to share my tent with some squealing preteen who thought we were going to be sleeping in cabins or something like that. Ridiculous.

TL;DR I love camping. Love it.

~jealous~
I want to camp in a place like that 3nodding
We just don't have a ton of camping equipment. Usually when we go camping it's with people at church or for a family reunion, so we mooched supplies from other people ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:07 pm
My entire family has a love-hate relationship with camping. We like the outdoors, but they don't like us. It has rained on every single trip we've gone on, usually at the most inconvenient times. On the most recent trip, which was in the Shenandoah Valley area, it rained us out of s'mores. And this is after it rained on a hike. After it it rained during the night before. It lets up just enough to give us hope, then rumbles back in like some unwelcome guest at a buffet table.
But we really do like camping.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Liltweet_gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:50 pm
Erverain
My entire family has a love-hate relationship with camping. We like the outdoors, but they don't like us. It has rained on every single trip we've gone on, usually at the most inconvenient times. On the most recent trip, which was in the Shenandoah Valley area, it rained us out of s'mores. And this is after it rained on a hike. After it it rained during the night before. It lets up just enough to give us hope, then rumbles back in like some unwelcome guest at a buffet table.
But we really do like camping.

That's so sad! Who would ever stop s'mores? cry  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:15 pm
I've been wanting s'mores all summer, ever since the Victoria Day weekend when my mom and I went camping and it poured the first two nights and then snowed 6 inches the third night. We were so busy taking care of ourselves that we had no time for luxuries like s'mores. We drove into town and "camped" at Howard Johnson the last night -- before we knew it was going to snow enough to collapse our tarp and crush our tent while we were away from camp.

Normally, my least favourite thing about camping is having to take precautions against bears. I want to go camping someplace where bears don't live, just so I can be careless about which way the prevailing wind blows in relation to my kitchen and my tent, and I can leave the dishes after a meal, go for a stroll, and wash them up when I come back.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:18 pm
Now I could really go for some s'mores...o.o  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:07 pm
There's still a complete fire ban here, no s'mores allowed.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

MadamoiselleMorganne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 am
I've really only been camping once when I can actually remember camping. We used to camp a lot when I was younger, but hadn't for awhile. I went camping a few weeks ago, though, with: my boyfriend, his sister, his brother, and his brother's girlfriend. It was the most fun I'd had in a long time! We did it old school, pitching tents and cooking over a fire. There was an outhouse at the campsite, but that was it. It was fun, even if I wanted to sleep in later than everyone (getting up at eight really isn't a good idea in my opinion). We had fun cooking over a campfire, and decided one night that we would try to make cookies using the campfire. We bought cookie dough and baking tins and went from there! It was so much fun, and we probably wasted a lot of the cookie dough, but oh well.

I think the only negative thing I could think about camping is bathing. If you decide to camp for awhile I don't think getting a shower would be possible... but other than that living in the great outdoors is great!  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff