I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
You do? Really? I never would have thought that... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's a suprise to most people that I....
  Like a particular genre of music
  participate in a particular sport
  have an unusual collection
  Other
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:40 am
So I'm a mega nerd. I love anime conventions, video games, and roleplaying with my friends. And I'm damn proud of it too mrgreen

But what most people probably wouldn't know about me is that I really love punk rock music. There's not really any bands I follow, but my sister is in a punk band, and she's been listening to the music for as long as I can remember. Over the past few years, I've started really liking that style of music too. I try to go to all of her band's shows, and I love how much energy is in the music, and how passionate people are about it (Which is funny, because it's a similar sort of passion that I see in con-goers, but in a totally different direction).
I recently bought Guitar Hero World Tour for my Wii, and I looooove the music selection for the game. My boyfriend was suprised, and he said, "Wow, I wouldn't have thought you'd be interested in those kind of games."

So ATG, what is something about you that suprises even your close friends/family sometimes?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:41 am
Usually, it's some of my stranger thoughts on humanity or the universe at large...

But it's always weird when people are surprised I'm left-handed. Even people I've known my whole life. One day they'll see me writing and it's "Oh, you're left-handed? I didn't know that." Yes, I've been left-handed as long as I've been able to write, why is this so surprising to you?  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:27 am
I get the same thing when people see me write with my left hand. But it really gets them when I tell them I'm ambidextrous. rolleyes

I tend to keep my inner geek concealed at work, although most everyone knows I go to King Richard's Faire a lot. But as for gaming and cons and anime, I don't discuss it at work around the normals. The novel was too much for them when I mentioned that. In fact, just about anytime a normal tries to get to know me I get the "Oh? Really? I'd never have guess you were in to..." reaction. I'm kind of used to it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:56 pm
Things that impress my family and closest friends...well to my family nothing can surprise them about me now...well yeah my passion for soccer that surprises everyone
My closest friends before going to unviersity wanting to study in a catolic school and most of all got accepted
FOr my closest friends in university got impress when they saw my pictures with long hair they could have never imagine me like that by the way I dress and act and all that and the hair cut I use in university(they dont let me have long hair in med school or beard)  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:15 pm
I don't think most of my friends here in New Brunswick know I really like Celtic music, especially the stuff from Cape Breton.

Even fewer people know that I did traditional step-dancing for a couple of years. ^^; I still really enjoy it, but it's not something I like showing off.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:58 pm
I don't tell anyone what I watch on TV or what music I listen to, but I wouldn't say that would be particularly surprising. Generally I try to be as inconspicuous as possible so that nothing about me surprises anyone.

The fact that I am NOT asexual might surprise a few people though, given how much I hate talking about relationships in general. XD  

Catalog Cats

umi505

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:54 pm
Something that people are always surprised to hear from me is that I love dressing up in a pretty dress, and spending an hour on my hair and makeup once in a while. In other words, I think it's fun getting all glamed-up. And that I also really enjoy cute, colorful clothing.

Even my friends I've known forever become surprised when we go shopping. It's probably because I never dress nicely for school or care what I look like on a normal day. But when I go to a party, movie, ect. , I spend two hours getting ready... just cuase, i don't know, it's fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:06 am
well, I work super early most days, but on my days off, I sleep for most of the day...not sure if that fits what y'all are talking about, but that trips my family out...or! with how much I eat, and not really gain weight...  

Arcanas

Hunter

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:08 am
umi505
Something that people are always surprised to hear from me is that I love dressing up in a pretty dress, and spending an hour on my hair and makeup once in a while. In other words, I think it's fun getting all glamed-up. And that I also really enjoy cute, colorful clothing.

Even my friends I've known forever become surprised when we go shopping. It's probably because I never dress nicely for school or care what I look like on a normal day. But when I go to a party, movie, ect. , I spend two hours getting ready... just cuase, i don't know, it's fun.
You'd make some lucky guy a wonderful date  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:15 pm
Boy, stop denying it: all the food goes to your a**. Gabriel Inglesias likes to say, "I drink Diet so I can eat regular cake."

Hm. It seems whenever people visit my house, they're shocked to see that my room is cleaner than theirs. *Thinks.* I'm pretty open; there's not a whole lot that surprises people. I do get the left-handed comment often, when someone bothers to notice.

Oh! People don't know I have long hair. I keep it up so often, everyone's jaws drop. I look at them with the are-you-serious?-look.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:20 pm
...you remember what my room looks like, right?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:27 pm
Ha, remember? I have a picture of it. I wasn't referring to you, sweetness.  

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:00 pm
Catalog Cats
I don't tell anyone what I watch on TV or what music I listen to, but I wouldn't say that would be particularly surprising. Generally I try to be as inconspicuous as possible so that nothing about me surprises anyone.

The fact that I am NOT asexual might surprise a few people though, given how much I hate talking about relationships in general. XD

I'm like that about TV too. I dunno why, but I'm embarassed to tell people that I love watching Chowder and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack sweatdrop Kinda makes me feel like a little kid I guess....but those shows are so messed up and awesome.

And I totally forgot that I made this thread earlier. @_@ So tired  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 pm
sweatdrop I... don't think I really surprise anyone with anything about me... sweatdrop  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:51 pm
Alright everyone, I have a shocker for you all! Something no one knows about me!

I... am a fan...

of the...

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG SERIES!

>>

oh wait, people know that. Ok then. *ahem* Honestly, nothing comes to mind... I'm generally an open person. I don't hide things, But I don't make it a point to talk about myself either. It's just one of those "It came into the conversation somehow" things. Um... oh I have something that... I'm not sure if I told everyone or not. My right ear is a bit deformed, the tip is bent lower than normal. That's why I generally grow my hair in a way that it covers my ears.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff