Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
why are people so rude to newbies? - Answered Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loud_lil_Senpai

Fashionable Shopper

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:28 am
i cant understand it! half the people either want to get in my pants and cyber or are total jerks who dont want to talk and ignore me. how am i suppost to start a conversation? and how come when i give people gifts they think im scamming them them blow up at me in my face? what am i doing wrong?! at one point i was so frustrated i was going to quit gaia! i didnt know what to do. please help me!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:16 pm
User Image
I really dont know what kind of people you have been associating with around here. Personally I like newbies - there refreshing ^_^

About the scams - Many Scams are done from mule accounts that are "newbies" so thats probably why they are suspicious about the gifts =]

Chat in the guild, we have a chatterbox section filled with people from the guild who will not discriminate against newbies. We were all a newbie on gaia once, some people just seem to have forgotten about that =]

If you ever wanna chat just PM me, I'm always open to anyone wanting to chat =]
Reality is for people with no imaginationUser Image

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Unfortunately, on a site so big, you'll find that some people are not polite, kind, or decent individuals. In fact, some Gaians are downright rude and disrespectful.

The best thing you can do when confronted by these individuals is to either add them to your Ignored List or report them, if their behavior violates the Gaian Terms of Service. It's important to become very much acquainted with these rules, because, sadly, some of the rotten Gaians out there think that they can harass and pick on newbies because newbies are less familiar with the Terms of Service and, thus, don't know what they can report to Gaia's Administration (some newbies don't know that you can report people at all!). If you find people having cyber-sex or if you are invited to engage in cyber-sex here on Gaia, you should report and ignore the user(s) involved. Do not respond to them, as a Gaia Online moderator will take care of the situation; that is their responsibility, not yours.

The gift-box thing can be explained. You see, some people, after hacking or scamming accounts, want to get rid of the evidence, so they'll send it to a stranger's account via gift-box in a desperate attempt to cover themselves up. Most of the people who do this sort of thing are using newer accounts that aren't very wealthy, so it's easy for red warning flags to shoot up when newbies send gifts to others. Even if you're completely innocent and doing it out of the kindness of your heart, that sort of attitude and behavior is so rare nowadays that people don't expect that from new users like yourself. I hope you understand.

You seem like a pretty cool person; even if you may not have much right now, I admire your desire to still give to others. Most newbies don't think that way; in fact, most of the newbies I've seen are usually more likely to ask for donations than to give them. *smiles* As Ancantsia said, we don't judge or discriminate against anybody here; you're free to go anywhere you want on Gaia, but you'll always have us, and no one will mistreat you here (at least, not without getting banned and reported immediately).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 pm
I'm sorry to say that you've just run into the wrong sort of Gaians. Not everyone is as gracious as you. I've given some gifts, and there hasn't been a problem. Maybe people just believe me. I don't know. If you ever want a friend, just PM me!

Hot lin78  

Hot lin78

Lillith Face Two

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:48 pm
When I first joined it was the same way for me, I had 14 year old's asking me for cyber sex stare
And every time I tried talking to people, I was ignored.
So I stopped coming on here...now I'm back and just avoid people really, except in the guilds, but I have yet to converse with someone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:11 pm
I feel for you. When I first joined GAIA (not this account) I made the mistake of joining a Guild which, for the sake of decency, I won't name, and I immediately got the most hostile reception I've ever had. At least seven people asked me whose mule account I was, and one person asked to yaoi cyber with me. sweatdrop I quit GAIA then and there, and didn't come back to it for almost two years. Needless to say, I've moved on and found some truly decent and kind people on GAIA.

I seem to remember that ever since my bad start in MPL I've always got kind of frustrated at the word 'n00b.'  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Lillith Face Two

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:42 pm
Quppins

I seem to remember that ever since my bad start in MPL I've always got kind of frustrated at the word 'n00b.'

Same here, I don't like being dubbed one and being treated poorly because I just joined.
I'm still a little unsure of how to met people because of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:02 am
MeZicH
Quppins

Same here, I don't like being dubbed one and being treated poorly because I just joined.
I'm still a little unsure of how to met people because of it.

When I created my second avi the first thing I did was join a huge Clan and stay there for two, maybe three months. That gave me time to get some friends. Then I broke into the Guilds, sent requests to every big Guild except the one I joined on my first avi and this one (because I didn't know enough to help and I knew too much to need a whole lot of help), and quit the ones without a roleplay section. Now I'm Crew in seven Guilds, VC in five, Captain of one, and designated Mule Operator in another (The Mule is the Captain in one of the guilds that I'm a VC in.)  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Dark Empress Enma

3,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:03 am
Sounds like you've had a rough time. I've only just started but everyone i've spoken to has been really nice. It helps that i managed to get a few of my real life friends to join up too. At the risk of being a copy cat, if you want to chat i'm always available when i'm online. It just takes me a while to respond.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:50 am
Needless to say, some people only knows that everyone who's not rich is one's mule or an useless guy...
sweatdrop
If one's ever mocked you, you could tell to us... Maybe we can help you by talking to the people mocked you (Giving em some Character Building class xp )

-WillyPT-
-Vice Captain-
-Titans of Gaia-

WillyPT

Greedy Poster

8,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Loud_lil_Senpai

Fashionable Shopper

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:09 am
lol thanks guys its just hard you know...like this one guy i asked him a quesion and he fflipped it pissed me off! then he called me a pos and reported me! i had asked how i could make more money quicker. i considered him a friend but not now it made me so mad i started crying i was so frustrated redface sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:08 am
sinea-nea
lol thanks guys its just hard you know...like this one guy i asked him a quesion and he fflipped it pissed me off! then he called me a pos and reported me! i had asked how i could make more money quicker. i considered him a friend but not now it made me so mad i started crying i was so frustrated redface sweatdrop

We'll be your friend and sure, we won;t report you because of those thing...
^^

-WillyPT-
-Vice Captain-
-Titans of Gaia-

WillyPT

Greedy Poster

8,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

KiiMyGoRAWR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:32 pm
cause there show offs
they think noobs r dumb
(even though they used to be one)
and they think there fugly  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:49 am
Everyone starts from scratch at everything, so being rude to noobs (yes, I am one) just is wrong.

I live by the motto "Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself".

Works for me smile  

MC Tiddles

lovafi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:37 pm
I've been on gaia almost two months now and have not experienced the problems you had. Most people have been friendly and helpful.

Maybe you were just unlucky last time. So this time round I hope you have better luck.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff