View Results

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 am
So, I was browsing through shops and I happened to notice that some of the stores have new pictures. Now I may just be smoking crack but, I did not see these changes when they did the whole Save Our Shops thing so, I'm assuming they are in fact new.
Agatha, Natasha & Devon, Sam, and Rina all look a little different now. Devon has gotten more in touch with his softer side and Rina looks like she's grown a few inches (which should please Waku, if I'm not mistaken).

So, discuss:
Changes Gaia has made to their stores without telling you ( like the fact that the Men's Warehouse shop is disabled now >.> )
What do you think of the new pictures? Better or worse than before?
How old do you suppose Rina actually is?
Should Ala put down the pipe?
Anything else related  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:21 am
I did go and take a look at Agatha and Rina before responding to this: you're right!

My immediate thought about Agath'a more youthful appearance was botox injections. Maybe a little bit of collogen to plump up certain areas. It also seems to me that she's lost some weight; maybe her breasts aren't as big.

Rina does look older. Y'know how they've kept the older versions of the characters as avatar type thing when we click the "Talk to..." button? Once you look at that, you can definitely tell. Puberty has treated our favorite flower girl well~ x3

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:06 am
Wow! *gets nocked over in shock*
When did they change them!? I actually like these new images. I wasn't completely happy with the some of the other image changes but these are not bad.

I sort of wish they would have it so that when you got to the shops they wear one of several outfits. It would give it a more real feel of the NPCs changing clothes from day to day.

I'm going to miss little Rina but she's quite cute, I love her dress.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:55 am
They were changed a few weeks ago. The changes are actually fairly newer, so...

Still waiting for Agatha during Halloween. Something she says about "Still being able to fit in her costume" or something.

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:23 am
Well now actually they made it quite clear when they'd change the stores. The shopkeeper pictures (some of them) Changed after the S.O.S. Event. I don't think Rina's and Sam's were during that event. They're different now though. I wonder when that happened? I never go to their shops unless the directory drops me on them. Since I don't do a lot of buying it isn't often.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:30 pm
Mmm Devin arts. heart I love his new shirt.

I think they updated Rina and the others so that the art was more consistent in terms of style.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:15 pm
Oh yay! Rina DOES look older! And that does please me. Peyo looks a little older too, but not as much.

Is it me or do Rina's little sayings remind anyone of how Sasha used to be? Is Rina like the new Sasha?

Natasha still looks creepy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm
Well, I thought Natasha got off on reducing people's comfort levels. I mean when you work at a tattoo & piercing store after all.

I don't think it's so much Rina is the new Sasha but that they share a lot of personality qualities anyway. It's just that Sasha has been through a bit more crap.

Sucks that the Men's warehouse closed. They had some sweet gloves. I was thinking of buying everything from there but never got around to it.  

Phaeton

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:11 pm
I really like the new NPC designs... They started changing them when they altered the store fronts. Since then, they've just been sneaking in the new looks. I really like Devon and Louie. Sasha and Liam both look more mature, and I think Agatha lost weight. biggrin

My favorite change was Rufus and Peyo, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:25 pm
I like all the new NPC designs except Ian and Ruby. Ian doesn't look like Ian and his clothing seems unnatural on him. As for Ruby, all I have to say is: That is not Ruby. Looks nothing like Ruby of the past especially in facial features.
Other that those complaints, the new NPC pics are good but I was too use to the old images.  

Kire Kaysan

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:46 pm
eek So she is. Well, she'd be a teen by now so it makes sense. xp Though Peyo prolly would be too...ah well. NPCs don't have to obey any sort of basic logic.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:09 pm
^ This site is only 6 years old. Peyo should be in the 9-11 range.  

Phaeton

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:42 pm
Oh yay, she did! I remember being upset because Peyo got older but Rina didn't. It's okay now though because they're even! I'm really liking a lot of these changes, like Louie's. His clothes fit the vampire image.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:13 pm
I personally liked the new images they have for the NPC's I think it works for the most part. Agatha looks a little weird to me though...  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

124-C

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:13 pm
Rina and Sam are both filling out nicely.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff