I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
If the world was flat... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever fallen off the face of the Earth? I know I have...
  Oh my, Donut! That happens to you too?
  No, you dummy! Everybody knows that's not possible!
View Results

GuillotineGirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 pm
If the world was flat... I'd buy a donut. whee

Below, you can write what YOU would do if the world was flat. It could be anything from fixing all of the world maps to trying to prove the world isn't flat. Whatever floats your boat. [Water floats my boat... In case you were wondering...]  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm
When my boyfriend and I got around to finding the end of the world (lol, punzees), that would definitely be a hot spot for us, seeing as we could see more of the universe.

Heaven forbid all ofthe countries of the world all lived on one side of the world. Or would this flat world have a flipside?

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Yvaine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:01 pm
I'd squee and head for the Ramtops. Or Ankh-Morpork. At the very least, I'd be one of the few people who understood the terms "hubward" and "rimward".

Yeah, read Discworld books. Terry Pratchett is win.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:40 pm
I would fire the forward guns at the end of the world, and see if I could destroy any celestial bodies. In the event of failure, I would jump off the edge of the planet.  

CR Kyrie

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:44 pm
I'd look over the edge and check for turtles.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:19 am
wakusei
I'd look over the edge and check for turtles.

Or is it Elephants? wink  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:05 pm
I think it's both, actually.

Me, I would try and figure out why the hell gravity is still working.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:30 pm
I would never go sailing! With my luck I would manage to find the end of the earth and fall right off! Then I would say "I'm falling and I can't get up!"

I would be curious as to what is on the other side of the earth though. Mayhaps a parrallel universe similar to our own but only opposites happen!  

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:48 pm
Here's a question... if you fell off the face of the planet, where would you land?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:54 pm
In Hell? burning_eyes  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:39 pm
but... by falling off the Earth, you would essentially be flying out into space.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:40 pm
Kalstolyn
Here's a question... if you fell off the face of the planet, where would you land?

You wouldn't.  

invisible-weirdo

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:49 pm
Kal, you're the one trying to figure out how gravity still works! I assume when you go too far you don't get to come back.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:57 pm
yeah but you have to land somewhere? What is the prevailing gravitational force in this neighbourhood? Would you end up landing on the sun? Would the moon catch you? Would you get sucked in by Mars or something? Land on a particularly large asteroid in the asteroid belt?

And if the earth were no longer round, it wouldn't be able to rotate in its fabulous keeping-us-all-stuck-to-it manner. So if the earth were flat... we WOULD all fall off. The question of where we would land is a valid one, I think. Even if we all die from the lack of air pressure, the near-absolute-zero temperature, and so fourth.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:08 pm
Well then, assuming that this flat Earth still revolves around the sun, I think it would all be dependent on what position we're in in relation to the other planets orbits, and where on the Earth we are and so on. I'm pretty sure everyone would land somewhere different, and there'd be the rare occasion that someone would be sent past this solar system. Maybe.

And also our bodies might burn up in the atmosphere so there's also the possibility there's no body to land somewhere? I'm just speculating...And babbling.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff