Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Hard Work [Ruri and Kuu] - Completed Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:00 pm
Alexander stopped pulling the cart in order to catch his breath. The slim man’s shoulders seemed to droop and he coughed, the sound clogged by the phlegm of a lingering cold. He wasn’t exactly built for being a gardener. As much as he loved caring for plants and watching them grow; when he had to cart piles of good soil and plants around it wore him out terribly. Alex wiped the sweat from his brow, crouching down on the pavement. He had considered giving it up, but then he the guilt got to him. His father had been a gardener and so Alex had to be one too, nevermind that he could hardly manage the demanding job.

He stood again, grabbed hold of the cart and began to pull once more. What he wouldn’t give to just be at home reading right now. But bills had to be paid. He wasn’t going to survive a second without some sort of income.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:41 pm
Seemed like it was going to get nasty out later. Clouds hovered over head with threats of rain but for the most part it was a fairly warm day. A bit of a soft chill seemed to breeze through ever so often, cooling the warm skin of those who cared to enjoy it. Cadaver being one of them had taken it upon himself to go shopping for some groceries but like most times he got distracted. Watching a man push and pull a cart his glowing eyes sensed something.

Moving over to where he was working he remained at a distance, idly watching and waiting. He could hear it in the cough, the slight clogging of his chest. He was catching a cold. That was no good. Working out here like this it wasn't healthy, the man should go home and fix some hot soup and relax before his cold got worse. "Do you need help?" Cada asked suddenly appearing in the man's line of vision. He smiled his usual friendly smile a stuffed toy hanging from his arm as usual of him. "Do you?" He prodded once more with a soft child-like giggle to follow.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:57 pm
The man stopped suddenly as Cada appeared in front of him. He eased the cart down again, one hand going to his lower back. He blinked at the young man for a moment and then gave a sheepish grin. “Do I look that weak?” He waved a hand in a negative. “No, no. I can take care of it.” Of course he needed help; he was about to fall on his face, but he was hardly going to demand aid from somebody. It didn’t feel right. No, he would manage, just like he always did.

Alexander gave Cada a thankful smile. “Thankyou for asking though. I really appreciate it.” Then he picked the cart handles up again and prepared to set forth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:56 pm
Cada only shook his head watching the man pick the cart up again an continue with his work. He didn't want to be nosy but he just knew these things about the human body. They weren't very strong and when sickness was near he could feel it. The man was pushing himself far too hard. Cada didn't want to walk right by when he could help him avoid an unnecessary week sick in bed. "You know, two hands are better than one." Cada offered purposefully standing in front of the cart so it could not be moved. "Also you look like you're coming down with a cold, I should know my papa is a doctor and taught me a lot." That and he was the dust pestilence sickness was something he just knew. "Please, let me help." He tried once more glowing eyes flashing with a undertone meant for the man not to argue further.  

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:32 pm
Alexander didn’t have the heart to keep refusing an offer of help. “Okay then. The house I need to get to is two streets away.” He chuckled. “One day I’ll have to buy a pony; maybe that will make my job a little easier.” He took the moment to stretch his arms above his head. “Do I really look like I’m getting sick? I’m hardly over the last one. You would think all the time I spend outdoors would toughen me up.” A childhood illness had left him with the unfortunate ability to catch every single cough and sniffle that was going around.

“Now, how shall we do this? I can pull and you can push if you’d like.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:46 pm
"You don't look horrible but you're becoming a little pale. And other things..." He trailed off not wanting to give away too much about himself. Only a select few humans knew about the dust. Telling every Tom, d**k, or Harry didn't seem like a bright idea at the time. At the offer of pushing while he pulled Cada nodded. "I can do that. Do you have everything you need?" Better to be safe then sorry, didn't want to get half way down the road and have to run back for utensils he might need.  

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 pm
“Oh yes, I’ve got everything. Dirt, spades, the plants, fertilizer... yep, it’s all there.” The job today was for a new customer; a wealthy family that wanted a nice garden for their children to run around in. After one glance at the darling kids, Alexander was certain the flower beds would last three seconds once grubby hands were allowed near them. They seemed to want to pick up and destroy every living thing within a ten metre radius.

Oh well, as long as he was getting paid for the job and keeping his fathers dream alive. “Okay, here we go!” Alexander picked up the cart handles and began to pull it along, though this time it wasn’t quite so hard having Cada there to take some of the weight. For this help he wouldn’t let the young man leave empty handed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:57 am
Cada was glad to help, he didn't like seeing people struggle and most of all he'd do anything to prevent others from becoming ill. A true dust didn't allow things to happen to humans, at least, that's what he had hoped. There were no answers to why the dust were here or there purpose but he liked to believe that he was here to help. That's what people should do, dust or human, right?

"Okay lets go." He chimed pushing the cart with all his might to help the man with his work. Blinking to himself he hadn't thought to introduce himself something that would have probably eased the tension and nervousness between them. "Mister? I wanted to apologize for just barging in like this." He offered as an apology. It wasn't nice to be nosy but he hoped that wasn't the case. "Also I probably should introduce myself. I'm Cadaver Virile! Dr. Virile's kid!" Well he wasn't sure his papa got out much to mingle with the neighbors but a good majority of them went to the hospice from time to time for check ups and others weren't as lucky to see his papa for he had to come up with an antidote and herbs that would help an ailment or disease far more advanced then what the hospice had to offer.

Maybe this person had seen him, maybe not. "My papa works at the hospice, he researches medicines and herbs to help with sickness and diseases. I'm going to study real hard to be just like him. Help save lives!" Okay maybe too much information but he was still young and wanted eagerly to please others.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:30 pm
With the both of them carrying half of the burden, it felt so much lighter and easier for the exhausted Alexander. His gratitude grew larger by the second; it wasn’t everyday a young man out for the day would take the time out to help somebody. It had certainly never happened to him before. As Cada spoke, Alex’s head slightly inclined to the side to show that he was listening. Cadavar? It was certainly an interesting name.

“Dr. Virile... Yes, I have heard of him.” Alexander smiled. “I’ve never met him before, though I would certainly like to. Honestly, I don’t have very good health. A childhood sickness left me with a terrible immune sickness. So far I’ve just been taking natural herbs from the apothecary. Maybe on day I will pay Dr. Virile a visit.”

Alexander began to carefully angle the cart so they could turn the corner. “I think it’s wonderful that you want to help people. You’re clearly very kind and thoughtful. It makes me remember the good in this world. Oh, I’m Alexander by the way. Alexander Merry. You’re friendly neighbourhood gardener.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:52 pm
"Ah, my papa might have some medicine to help strengthen your immune." That or Cada would have to be careful not to visit Mr. Merry too often. At the mention of his having a weak immune it made Cada wonder if it were a good idea to be around him. A person like this could get sick easily if he stuck around. For now he would help out and get the man home as soon as possible. Once he was out of sight, he wouldn't have to worry about him keeling over from work and risking getting sick or hurt from it.

"Papa says I'm a busy body but I like to think that helping people is natural. Everyone should pitch in to help out one another then we could all be happy." Fairly optimistic, something Cadaver couldn't help being. "Oh its nice to meet you Mr. Merry. Ummm...?" Thinking a moment he smiled then decided to ask. "I just moved in with some friends the weeds around our house makes it look a little out dated... do you think some time later you could come by and take a look? I wouldn't mind helping out as well." He wasn't sure of the protocol but it was better to ask then wonder and be left out in the cold.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:26 pm
“Then I will try and organize a visit to your father. I hope he won’t be too busy. I have heard good things about him.” Alexander wet his lips, fighting against the tickle in his throat that warned off another coughing fit. “Helping people should be natural, but sometimes people are too afraid too. One day I hope everyone will be willing to lend a hand. Maybe then the world will be a better place.” While his words seemed quite serious, he spoke with a smile.

“I’d be delighted to come take a look at your garden Cadavar. Are there any flowers you specifically like? There’s nothing like a colourful garden bed to brighten up the day.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:33 pm
Thinking to himself he tilted his head to the side wondering what kinds of flowers he could offer as part of their new garden. When nothing came to mind he displayed a pouty face. "I don't know. Maybe we can go shopping for some flowers together?" He offered hopefully turning glowing yellow-green orbs on Mr. Merry. This seemed like a good idea and a chance to learn about something new in the world. Flowers!

While they chatted, Cada watched Mr. Merry closely making sure not to stay at a safe distance. He had a tendency to make humans sick when they stuck around him long, though Marijus had gotten the worst of it; thusly becoming fairly immune to him - others were not so lucky. "Mr. Merry? Is everything okay? We can rest if you'd like?" Uncertain of how far the house was it seemed like the reasonable thing to do. No point over working himself for this.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:13 pm
Alexander gave a soft chuckle. “I think daffodils would suit you well Cadavar. We’ll make sure to get some of those when we go shopping.” It would be nice to have some company. For so long he had felt like a hermit; working but doing little else except remaining at home where he got live in his memories.

“Please call me Alexander.” He shook his head in a negative. “No, no. It’s only a little bit further, we turn into another street and then it’s a few houses down. I’ll manage.” He could rest once they got there. “Inside the cart... there are a few colourful pots of flowers. They’re called pansies. Do you like them?”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:49 pm
Cada wasn't sure he'd seen daffadils before but he was certain he'd came by them without knowing plenty. He smiled thinking it over and feeling that Mr. Merry... no Alexander would know what was best for the garden. Looking down the street as he explained they were close, Cada nodded then glanced into the cart. "Pansies?" He looked each one over smiling delightfully. "Yes they are pretty. They smell good too..."  

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 pm
Alexander was smiling softly as they continued moving the cart along; his dark blue eyes were rather far away as he ran various flowers through his mind. “I glad you like then. I also think marigolds would work well too. How much space do you have? A few small bushes would work well; their always nice for an added feeling of privacy… sorry Cadavar, I tend to get carried away a bit when it comes to designing gardens. When every piece gets put together it feels so good.” Another corner was turned and they were on the right street. The house Alexander as just five down. “Nearly there.”  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff