Question of the Day #1 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animated Beauty
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:21 am
Do you believe in Soul Mates and Twin Flames?
If you don't know what they are, take a look here to learn more about them.

Soul Mates & Twin Flames  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:00 pm
yes I do  

AnwenAranrhod

Xenobia_Rose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 pm
I do believe in soul mates. I think that two souls are bound together for all time. When you meet that person in any life no matter who they are guy or girl you know its them. You share a bond not like any other and you are always drawn to each other. There are two types of soul mates lover and friend.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:32 pm
There are actually many types of soul mates- teachers, friends, lovers, acquaintances and people you meet on the street. Anyone that teaches you a life lesson is a soul mate.
Twin Flames are totally different than a regular Soul Mate. You will always recognize an important soul mate though.  

Animated Beauty
Captain

Xenobia_Rose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:38 pm
Well me and my friend feel that we have known each other for quite a while. like through many lifetimes...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 pm
Not entirely, as the Japanese myth of a red string tying true lovers, or soul mates, by their pinkie I believe it possible that the string dose not lead to only one person.  

Gothic silk

Animated Beauty
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:40 pm
Xenobia_Rose That's definitely not uncommon, I feel as though I've been friends with certain people even when I've only just met them ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:13 pm
i dont really believe it all that much....  

PsychoValentine

BruiseXPristine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:19 pm
I believe there's someone made for everyone...like, meant specifically to be with eachother, and fate draws them together. You don't necessarily know that they're your soul mate, or even end up together with them. You might not even meet that person, but I think based on your actions you'll be able to have an encounter with them, for example, ride on a bus with them, then you might have had an oppurtunity to meet them. Or, you could have certain people that you're drawn to and stuff for no reason, maybe they're a soul mate?

my own examples:

One time I saw this weird looking middle-aged dude at the doctor's office with his mother. I remember making eye-contact with both of them. The next day I saw the man at a store and we made eyecontact again, then we made eyecontact again in the parking lot. Coincidence? Maybeh.

*no hating, pl0x* I met my boyfriend at a website we both hardly went to. Before we were going out, I used to talk on that website and whenever I wished he'd get online (even though he rarely did) he did :0 and then that website got messed up and we didn't get to talk to eachother for a long time. I came to gaia, made an account, and turns out he had one and found me on here even though we hadn' talked in a long time. The strange thing was I randomly saw him in towns once and didn't know it was him, and really wanted to talk to him for some reason, but he got off Dx when i first met him, i didn't really think we were going to be together, then i got to know him and found out we have 95% of things in common. I probably would've never talked to him again if I hadn't have met him one here. weird, eh?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:20 pm
I definitely believe in soulmates and twin flames. Though I call twin flames truemates. Someone can have multiple soulmates, but we each only have one person who is the other half of us. I've actually met one of my soulmates online, and I was absolutely devastated when he told me he didn't want me. Because even though he didn't at this time, I could feel the same longing in his soul that I felt in my own through our soul bond. I've accepted that he is one of my soulmates, but he's not my truemate. I don't believe my truemate would ever treat me like he did. I'm hoping to find my truemate sometime in the near future.  

TwilightNocturne
Crew

Animated Beauty
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:31 pm
I have been told that you don't meet your Twin Flame until your last reincarnation on this earth. Since it would be the joining of one spirit's two halves.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:32 pm
I know. I believe that this is my last reincarnation, unless I choose to be reincarnated again in the future.  

TwilightNocturne
Crew

Lysethiel

Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm
I do believe in both Soulmates, and Lifemates.
Soulmates as i use it is the "twin flame" concept as the wiki mentioned it
And Lifemates are people you meet and are to be with be it as lover or friend till death, or the soulmates as the wiki link made it sound.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:52 pm
Yes, I believe in Soulmates and Lifemates and Twin Flames. I have my soulmate. Heh. ^ ^

-Myst Sadakichi-

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200

Suantrai Nocturne

Demonic Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:00 pm
Well, barring my caveat, I do have some sort of answer about this, so I'll just go ahead with what I've got to offer:

- I don't spend time believing in things, in general. I rather prefer to observe things and see what they have to show me.

- I have seen things like the Soul Mate, and the Twin Flame, and I'm not convinced that it's really the way people romanticize it, but it does exist in some fashion.

- I have learned better than to believe in the "one true love" idea, or the thought that one can only have one Soul Mate, and that one who qualifies is automatically destined to be a lover. There are many people who would qualify under the "connected by destiny" category with any of us, and I have met one of my "soul twins." It was not a pleasant relationship.

- My husband is NOT someone I knew through my past lives, and I rather like that. I wasn't always a good person in my various previous incarnations, and I'm sort of glad to know that at least with him, I can start fresh.

- Finally, true love isn't something the gods and spirits do for you. It's something you have to do yourself. Loving someone truly means choosing their needs and well-being over your own wishes and desires. If someone does it for you while you do it for them, it's a true love match. If it's one-sided, it doesn't matter, because if you truly love someone, you don't mind if they're a bit selfish.

As my mother always says, love requires three things: finding the right person, being the right person, and always remembering that true love requires work and the work should be its own reward.

*smiles*  
The Connection

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces