Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe in Spirit guides
  I believe!
  (why is there only one real option)- cause i want it like that :P
View Results

AnwenAranrhod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:06 pm
According to theosophical doctrine, spirit guides are persons who have lived many former lifetimes, paid their karmic debts, and advanced beyond a need to reincarnate. Many devotees believe that spirit guides are chosen on "the other side" by human beings who are about to incarnate and wish assistance.

Some[quantify] believers in lucid dreaming claim it is possible to meet one's spirit guide or "dream guide" in dreams or on the astral plane (see Astral Projection). Their guidance is said not to require mediumship.

Some early modern Spiritualists did not favor the idea of spirit guides. Spiritualist author and medium E.W. Wallis, writing in A Guide to Mediumship and Psychic Unfoldment, expressed an opinion that the notion of spirit guides is disempowering and disrespectful to both spirits and living people. He does not deny that seeking people may be helped by spirits here and there, but decries the idea that said spirits are appointed or assigned to do nothing but help the living. He advises would-be mediums to steer clear of the notion that they are being "guided" unless they have demonstrable proof that such is the case.

Do you believe in them?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:18 pm
I do believe in spirit guides I know I have two of them. They are both girls. One with long blond hair the other with long brown hair. I have seen them in my dreams and I feel their presence quite a bit. Sometimes they lay next to me when I go to bed or they like to play with my hair.  

Xenobia_Rose

AnwenAranrhod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:20 pm
Xenobia_Rose
I do believe in spirit guides I know I have two of them. They are both girls. One with long blond hair the other with long brown hair. I have seen them in my dreams and I feel their presence quite a bit. Sometimes they lay next to me when I go to bed or they like to play with my hair.

rose <3 did u vote in my poll what r there names tho  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 pm
That's the problem I don't know their names. Ether they don't wish to tell me or they have told me and I forgot. sweatdrop  

Xenobia_Rose

Animated Beauty
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:23 pm
I have several spirit guides of my own, some of them are more prominent than others. My first spirit guide was Anna back in October 2008.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:34 pm
How would I find out what their names are?  

Xenobia_Rose

Animated Beauty
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:43 pm
Meditation, connecting with another psychic and having them help you contact with your spirit guide to get a name. Sometimes guides give you signs or hints by reminding you of certain names- for instance you can't explain why you're so attracted by a specific name but you are.

Or sometimes guides don't have names and instead, like my spirit guides "The Twins" were two different spirit guides joined to give me the same information and help me with the same situation so they just referred to themselves as on person. "The Twins"

However I could always tell that they had two very different energies.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:45 pm
I have one, I've only seen her like three times though, she's a petite lady with long blonde hair and she's in all white...I'm pretty sure she's my spirit guide. She only appears when I'm really in trouble or if she needs to tell me something, unfortunately, I can never understand what she's saying...x.x she has white and blue orbs and stuff and I think her name's Sonja...  

BruiseXPristine

Animated Beauty
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:58 pm
That's a really pretty name! O:

She sounds like she's a Helper Guide~ It's probably why she only comes to you in dire situations. Like when you're straying too far from your path or are in trouble of learning a lesson the hard way.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 pm
I believe that I have three spirit guides, however I've only met two of them. Both of them are from my past lives.

Matthew appears to me as a young man around my age with light brown hair and blue/green eyes. He's a bit taller than me, I'd say about 5"9. He's very proper and polite, which isn't surprising considering that he was a knight around the time of the Renaissance. He was also my husband, and he doesn't approve of modern clothing at all. Which is rather amusing. He protects me however, and I believe that he might be one of my soulmates.

Then I have Sophia, who is a petite young woman with long straight brown hair and hazel eyes. She was my best friend in my past life during the Victorian era. She is very intellectual and quiet. But she is also very wise, and supportive of me.

Edit: I was wrong about how Sophia looked. In truth, I was seeing my 3rd guide instead. Whom Sophia let me think was her. She of course finds it very amusing.

Sophia is really tall with straight blonde hair and blue eyes. She also speaks in a very old fashioned sort of way. xd  

TwilightNocturne
Crew

The Silver Sundae

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:28 pm
I've never had any contact with my spirit guides...or at least none that I can think of but I do believe that they exist. I still don't have a tape recorder to check and see if I can communicate with them in that manner. And I have yet to begin my meditation training. I'm waiting till I can move to a better location before I start trying to actively communicate with them.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:03 am
I have a spirit guide. Her name is Sadie. I remember when I first saw her. I will admit that I freaked out kinda. Now, I am used to it.

Sickest Light

Dalaigh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:23 am
I, too, have a spirit guide, but she's more of a guardian angel. Her name is Jenny and she is my youngest stepsister. She died in 2003 because of a drunk driver at the age of 23. I know it's her because she's told me so. I've never seen her, if you will, but I've felt her and I know her aura. She has protected me many times and has helped me along my life's path. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be where I am today.

She has told me that she still loves me and wants me to be happy. At different points in my life, she's stopped me from making rather bad decisions.

Jenny's about 5'7", long brown hair and green eyes. She dresses in a t-shirt and jeans, just like she did when she was still in this realm. I still miss her physical being but she is constantly around in spirit.

I also have other spirit guides but they don't want to be known fully at this time. One of them is a little mischievous too.

Oh, how I knew who Jenny was? I simply asked her. I sensed her presence and asked "Who is this?" She replied "Jenny!" in a way only I'd recognize.

-- D  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:35 am
Er'..... I'm probably the only one here who's spirit guides ditched them.....
._____."
I never even got to know mine's name, and she just took off one day....
It was kinda' depressing...  

Overseer D-013

TwilightNocturne
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:38 am
No, you're not the only one who has lost a spirit guide.

After my third spirit guide helped me move forward, it was my job to help her move onto the next life. She was my daughter in a past life, and it was really hard to let go of her.

You probably already have another spirit guide. Guides don't leave unless someone replaces them in the job. Or unless they completed what they were meant to do in helping you.  
Spirit Guides, Animals and Angels

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff