Reply Community Lounge
Alcohol Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:04 pm
I have a few questions for our legal and illegal drinkers out there.

What's your favourite drink?
How old were you when you had your first real drink?
How old were you when you first went to the bar for your first legal drink?
Have you ever drove drunk (or after you've been drinking and you feel like it's okay)?
Do you regret anything about when you started drinking?

Myself I love tequila shots. They make me happy as a clam. I had my first drink sometime in highschool either just before or just after I turned 18 (legal age in most of Canada) and I never went to a bar until I was 19. I don't own a car or driver's permit so I totally can't drive drunk (but I work a late night drive through and see lots of people who do). I kind of wish I had drunk a little at parties when I was in high school, I probably should have loosened up a lot more overall.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:20 pm
Right now my favourite drinks, I can't choose, are fuzzy navels, french kiss with raspberry iced tea, and banana split; at Boston Pizza.

My first drink was really when I like 5 or 6, I would steal my dad's beer bottles and drink them until he found me with it.

My first drink at a bar was when I was working at one, I was 19.

I never have and never ever would drive drunk or with any alcohol in me I'm highly against it as I believe it's one of the stupidest things a person can do!

I was going to say that I regret going to the party in which the incident that has GTR in jail happened, however who knows what would have happened between us should that not have happened. The way our life now is a result from all the choices we have made, and I love my children and the great bond that GTR and I have now.

I only went to a few parties when I was in high school, and I'm ok with that. I was never a super social person and the parties I did go to were with close friends, well except one and I was horribly uncomfortable there! My first party I did a lot of stupid things, strip poker, skinny dipping, and being in a car with a drunk driver. But like I said before, I wouldn't change any of it.  

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 pm
Trish the Stalker
I had my first drink sometime in highschool either just before or just after I turned 18 (legal age in parts of Canada)

Kals is questing again!
Fix'd. It's 19 in BC and I think a couple of other provinces too.

Me, I had some wine mixed with ginger-ale on new year's eve when I was like... 8 or 9 I think. Maybe I was 10. I just know I was still in the middle bedroom so it had to be before I was 11. After that my parents allowed me to have one drink on Christmas Eve and one drink on New Year's Eve if I wanted.

When I started high school at the age of 13, my dad (being a realist and knowing that all of my peers would be out drinking in each other's basements all the time) told me that if I ever wanted to get drunk just because I wanted to experience it, I should tell him and he would buy me any alcohol I wanted and match me drink-for-drink and hold my hair while I puked in the toilet, as long as I did it at home where I would be safe. I never did take him up on his offer, and I never drank at parties either.

I had my first beer in Calgary the day before or after my Granny's funeral. I was 18 at the time. I allowed my best friend to drag me to the bar a few weeks after that because like she said "If you don't get to the bar before your 19th birthday, what's the point of living in Alberta?"

My favourite drinks change constantly. I enjoy a lot of beers, particularly Stella and Rickard's Red, Sleeman's Cream Ale, and well... anything that isn't Mountain Crest. Ugh. I generally like things like Amarula and Bailey's, but frequently would rather have a Strongbow or even a Mike's Hard. There's this one company that makes a wicked hard root beer and hard orange pop, too. I sometimes just like vodka gimlets or screwdrivers, and will occasionally sip Sjilvovica. Basically it depends on my mood, who I'm with, and how thirsty I am.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:38 pm
I'm kinda an anomaly; I can't STAND the taste of alcohol. (I actually suspect I might have a mild allergic reaction; I tend to get really hot really quickly, on fairly small amounts of alcohol.) I don't have problems with others drinking (in moderation, as with all things), but am staunchly against them driving after doing so. smile

That being said, I love NA "floofy drinks"; virgin sunrises, virgin daiquiris, various hot cocoas, etc. ^_^  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

ennaelatan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:52 pm
I used to drink at parties and such all the time. My favourite drinks were really just on-a-whim and "we-don't-have-any-real-drink-mixers."(Hawaiian Punch with Vodka, this blue raspberry mix with vodka., really any fruity drink with vodka.) As for my favourite drink ever though, it was definitely (and please don't get grossed out) Corona mixed with Mountain Dew. I know soda and beer don't generally mix, but it was so very delicious.

I haven't been able to drink in a year ;_; I had what I think was a bad allergic reaction, though I don't understand how you can develop an allergy to alcohol, especially since I did my fair share of drinking - but anyway. I tried to drink again after that a few days later and my throat nearly closed up again so... No more alcohol for Natty. =D Now I'm the DD and I love it!

However... don't knock the mt. dew/corona til you try it! I could never stand teh taste of beer. The Mt Dew made it delicious.

I've driven drunk once and I absolutely hated it. I'm not even sure I was drunk but I still felt queasy. I was drinking for two hours straight, cup after cup about a year and a half ago at a cast party for the theatre department in the college I went to. I started at 10PM and stopped at 12AM. The guy I was dating at the time was being an emotional p***k. After he begged me to drive him to the party, he insisted that he no longer wanted to be there. I explained that I was drunk, I knew he was drunk - but he insisted that I drive. So I flipped out. Then.. I went to my car and slept from about 12:45A to 4A. Then I went back inside, got him, and drove home. I still felt queasy and I was very nervous. It was the worst drive ever. My brother ont he other hand... argh. He just turned 18 october 2nd. About 4 months ago, he went to a party. He took my dad's car. My dad told him that he'd give him 50 bucks to spend and party with as long as he didn't drive home, or drive anywhere if he was drinking. My brother promised him... At 2 in the morning, the state troopers found my brother one block from my house, passed out at the wheel - music blaring, windows up, with his foot on the brake in the middle of a turn. He got a DUAI or whatever its called because it was a first offense and he got a good lawyer. The troopers had to open up the door, turn off the stereo, take a can of beer out of his HAND, and then wake him up to tell him he was getting arrested. What the ********. I chose to go to my family's camp that weekend. Had I stayed home, I would've been there to drive him to and from the party and this wouldn't have happened. It sucked big time. The first time I passed on being the DD and my bro gets arrested ;_;

Sorry for the long post..just.. meh. Alcohol..  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 pm
I approve of this topic 3nodding

A glass of Hennessy. Straight up, no mix, no chaser. I just love the taste.

Ummm, around 13ish I believe. My brother always threw parties at our house, so I'd always get to drink beer and stuff with his friends. It was really funny when I'd go to school the next day hungover. Nothing beats being in middle school asking people around you to be quiet >_>

17. I went on a cruise and St. Martin was a one of the stops. My family and I went and got obliterated at a bar there. I blacked out for hours and when I woke up was confused as hell how I was back on the boat. A bunch of people started referring to me as " The drunk kid from St. Martin " When I was 18 and 19 I also went to a bunch of bars here in Michigan and drank, but that wasn't legal, and I only got away with it because I knew the bartenders or my friends new them. My first legal drink at a bar here in the states though was on my 21st. I don't remember much of that night though, but I still remember the all day hangover that took place afterwards...

Have you ever drove drunk (or after you've been drinking and you feel like it's okay)?
I had to drive my friend home from a party. I don't have a license, and at the time I didn't have a permit, but I only had one beer and my friend had about 15. It was either I drive him, or he drive himself, and I decided that I would drive him. I am completely against drinking and driving, but since I had only one beer, and I wasn't even buzzed or anything, It didn't really count. Apparently there have been times where I've gotten pretty drunk and drove my friends cars around, but I'm not sure if that really happened because A) I don't remember it happening, and B) I HOPE I'm not that stupid.

Not at all, though if I could go back, I wouldn't have introduced myself to top class liquors so quickly... I mean, it's hard to drink now because I have a taste for stuff that's FAR better than anyone has :/ It's quite annoying when you want a nice relaxing drink, but no one has stuff that doesn't taste like s**t to you...  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:54 pm
Vodka and lime juice. Particularly Absolut or Smirnoff.

I don't really remember. 13 or 14. I don't remember what it was. I've never cared for beer. Most likely something mixed with orange juice at a party. The first stuff I chose to drink was Fireball or Revs or Bacardi Breezers. Now I can't stand any of that.

19, which is the legal age in Nova Scotia. Not the first time I'd been to a bar, though.

Never. =/

I worry that I may have ******** up my brain. :s It can't be as healthy as it would have been if I hadn't been drinking as a teenager. Oh well.

I've done stuff that I regret while drinking, too. But meh. I've given it up recently.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:28 pm
The Riesling. Very tasty, up my alley. Most margaritas, on the rocks or blended. Fruity alcohols are nice.

Nope. Can't say if I've ever been drunk, I did once lose my ability to balance well, but my mind was still intact. Sooomewhat disappointing.

I recently lost all interest in drinking. So that's that. No regrets.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:24 pm
Kals is questing again!
@aretoo a lot of people can't stand the taste of alcohol, mostly girls though. They tend to drink coolers and stuff if they want to drink, and then complain about it the whole time.

As far as actually being drunk goes, that's a rare thing with me. Mostly because I am NOT a cheap drunk. Most of my drunken experiences probably involve mild to moderate alcohol poisoning, as there was large amounts of vomiting in each instance. Getting drunk is not worth it for me. I can get a wee bit tipsy but I never lose my ability to talk coherently or reason clearly until I reach the point where I am doomed to puke my guts out for the next 5 to 8 hours.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:39 am
Thank you for making this topic Trish, you've reminded me that I haven't drank in a while, and that I need to go out and drink myself retarded tomorrow night.

biggrin  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:58 am
What's your favourite drink? Oh such a tough one but, I guess I'd go with Vodka. Vodka makes everything better whee

How old were you when you had your first real drink? 14

How old were you when you first went to the bar for your first legal drink? Have yet to go to a bar ..and I'm 23 now lol emo

Have you ever drove drunk (or after you've been drinking and you feel like it's okay)? Can't drive. And I wouldn't consider driving while drunk if I could.

Do you regret anything about when you started drinking? Only that I didn't drink more xp

User Image

Woo!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:18 pm
What's your favourite drink? Mojitos and I dont know the name of this drink but you mix Hipnotic and Jagger...Jagger, Vodka, Rum, Whiskey I love everything except tequila

Well I was 14 and was about to turn 15 like in 3 days or so

It was not a bar was a club I was probably 16 or 17, but my first legal drink at a bar was when I turn 18 that I invite all my friends after my soccer game to celebrate my b day and the victory of the team

I dont drive, Im to poor to own a car, but definately I been really drunk kit some times, right now never like since a a year and a half I cannot give myself the luxury of getting drunk unless Im at my parents town

Nope, except hitting one of my best friends(a girl) and thats about it, and getting totally wasted in a foregeing country in the streets lucky me nothgin happen  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:30 pm
What's your favourite drink? Hard to say. It depends on my mood. I prefer simple drinks. Rum & coke or a nice glass of white wine.

How old were you when you had your first real drink? Probably 17 or 18? I think it was a screwdriver.

How old were you when you first went to the bar for your first legal drink? About a month after my birthday, maybe. I don't really remember. I'm not much of a barfly.

Have you ever drove drunk (or after you've been drinking and you feel like it's okay)? No. I've driven without a license because my friends had been drinking, though.

Do you regret anything about when you started drinking? I've made myself absolutely ill a few times. I can't say I think of those times fondly, but I don't know that I'd say I regret it, either. I've been fortunate enough to only make an a** of myself in front of true friends who didn't razz me for it later.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:58 am
First of all I'd like to tell everyone that people who claim they drink alcohol because they like how it tastes need to be vaulted off a bridge over and over until they come to the realization that it doesn't make you look cool, or tough, or awesome. It just makes you look like a huge doucher.

That being said, I love the way alcohol makes me FEEL. I knock back cans of Pabst while I play HALO with my pals, because dammit, I'm twenty two, and that's what I'm meant to do. Also, because Pabst is cheaper then water.

The other thing I like to knock back, is whiskey. This one time I was at a party, I didn't intend on staying the whole night, but this guy brought over an entire gallon of whiskey, and people kept shoving it in my face making fun of my native blood, saying "it's the drink of your people" and calling it "fire water." So I took a shot to sate them. And then I took another. And then I took a third. And I wanted to take a forth, but I knew I wouldn't be driving home if I did. I stared at the bottle longingly as I left through the door. Needless to say, I went over there the very next week, and drank the remaining whiskey they had from that gallon jug almost entirely by my self. I got, I think, about seven shots out of it (yeah, there wasn't a lot left). Again, I don't claim to like the taste; what I like about it is the feeling it gives as it slides down my throat. I get that nice, warm tingle in my chest, and I have to cough just a little as if the fluid somehow knocks the wind out of me.

I had my first drink long after I turned twenty one. I think it was some dark beer; I didn't like it much. Tasted like pine cones. Shortly thereafter I started going to bars with my pals, but I think I've only ever ordered something alcoholic one time. I'm usually the designated driver, because I like getting unlimited free Coke.

I don't regret anything about beginning drinking. I lived most of my life scolding my friends who dared to drink underage and being the straight loser, and by the time I sat down with my first beer, I thought it was well deserved by me. I do wish however that I hadn't started trying more heavy drinking when I happened to be at one of the most depressed points of my life. First time I ever got drunk, I fell over behind a futon, and cried for a minute.  

WiskersThCatfish

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:20 am
Kalstolyn
@aretoo a lot of people can't stand the taste of alcohol, mostly girls though. They tend to drink coolers and stuff if they want to drink, and then complain about it the whole time.

I find girls either can't drink much or refuse to drink anything with less alcohol in it than your average rum or vodka. I fall under the latter and adore straight liquor, even for sipping instead of shots.

ennaelatan
As for my favourite drink ever though, it was definitely (and please don't get grossed out) Corona mixed with Mountain Dew. I know soda and beer don't generally mix, but it was so very delicious.

However... don't knock the mt. dew/corona til you try it! I could never stand teh taste of beer. The Mt Dew made it delicious.

I believe you, actually. I mixed half and half beer and Smirnoff Ice (only to help my friend finish off his beer that he wanted to get rid of) and it took the acidity off the Smirnoff Ice cooler that tends to bug my stomach more than regular alcohol and it made a very good combination, I think.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces