Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:07 am
Lately I've been addicted to Food Network, particluarly the "Food Network Challenge" shows. They have professional chefs compete against each other to make amazing works of food art. It's so fun to watch. whee Sometimes there are insane kitchen disasters too.

This got me thinking about my own, pathetically limited, cooking experiences, and my own culinary sins. I think the worst was when I used to make scrambled eggs, and I'd add a TON of garlic powder. gonk So much, that when I think about it now, it makes me queasy. I also tried to make potato pancakes once...and destroyed a perfectly good frying pan.

So ATG, when have you committed a crime against food?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:38 am
My first time making muffins.... Oh god. I forgot to put in baking powder. They were yummy, if you managed to get a piece off, but they might as well have been paper weights.

I still have a bad habit of burning milk. I just can't remember that I need to STAY there and stir it all the time.

Although now I'm jonesing for some cream of wheat.  

God-Raped-Me

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:10 pm
I've made Kraft Dinner wrong before. I don't even know what I did, someone was supervising me and we wracked our brains to figure out what the hell happened.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:19 pm
Maybe it was just old. Old KD taste like s**t!  

God-Raped-Me

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:15 pm
I once toasted a bagel until it was completely black. Thing was like a solid rock....

In my defense, I had no idea the toaster was broken. But I probably should have figured something was up when it didn't go *ding* you know...ever.

I also made a mircowave dinner once and somehow everything bubbled up into everything else.... Wasn't even in there longer than it was supposed to be or anything. I just...fail at food making.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:24 pm
wakusei
I once toasted a bagel until it was completely black. Thing was like a solid rock....

In my defense, I had no idea the toaster was broken. But I probably should have figured something was up when it didn't go *ding* you know...ever.

I also made a mircowave dinner once and somehow everything bubbled up into everything else.... Wasn't even in there longer than it was supposed to be or anything. I just...fail at food making.

Ah! You just reminded me of a cooking disaster I had at work (Dunkin Donuts). It went like this:

Britt: Kyla...is the bagel in the toaster on fire? It's kinda smoking...
Kyla: ...yes...that bagel is not "a little" on fire. *pokes it with a knife and it bursts into flames* eek  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Matrias Fierno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:02 am
Once, I made brownies and left them in for six hours. Fricken solid rock, they might as well have been. Chipped pieces off for ice cream for about a year and a half... razz  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:08 pm
The crimes that I commited against the food:
The worst crime I commited is buy food and dont eat it and leave on the freezer and let it rooten and die  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 am
^^Psycha^^
The crimes that I commited against the food:
The worst crime I commited is buy food and dont eat it and leave on the freezer and let it rooten and die

Ooh, yeah. I feel so guilty when I let that happen. sweatdrop Though I once had a roomate who would buy bags of mini-bagels and leave the bag on top of the fridge. She'd eat maybe 2 bagels out of the whole bag before forgetting they were there, and the whole bag would get moldy....then she'd buy a whole new bag. =_= Wotta waste!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 pm
My brother and I once made 4 loaves of bread and put them in the oven. Right after, we got on the computer and forgot completely about the bread. 7 hours later when I went to get something to eat from the kitchen, I opened the oven, and there were 4 chunks of solid coal just ready to be eaten.  

ScottyShip

Dapper Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Trader 100

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:44 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

There is the occasional burning of food when I'm not paying attention. the only thing that comes to mind is when I tried making chocolate cookies from scratch. I have no idea what went wrong! I stuck them into the oven and it was like sweet lava.

The mounds fell into a liquid state.

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:23 pm
one time I forgot to add butter to these cookies. they were... ugh. not edible.  

FrivolousChaos

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm
I've been cooking for myself since I was a kid, but that's because I'm a vegetarian and my family is not.

So I can cook fairly well, but I cannot cook meat! I always seem to overcook it so it's too tough and untasty. :s  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:44 pm
Why cook meat if you're a vegetarian?  

ScottyShip

Dapper Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Trader 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Ruloan the Shapeshifter
Why cook meat if you're a vegetarian?

I live with several roommates, one of which is just 15. When I'm cooking supper for myself, I like to cook something for him, too. My roommates and I (the adults) all work crazy hours, and I try to make sure he gets decent meals. So I've tried to cook meat for him a few times and it hasn't turned out well. xD

I really would like to reintroduce meat to my diet, but it's been so long since I've eaten it that I can't digest it properly and it makes me sick.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff