Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
THE GLEE ZONE (Share the love of Internetz! ^-^) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How would you rate your experience?
  Very awesome. My day is brighter than ever!
  Not too bad. It burned some time. :3
  Meh. Didn't do much for me.
  Humph... -_- No help at all.
  >( Rawr. All you happy people make more blah.
View Results

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:49 pm
Start here, please. Watch this simple little video and pay attention. The anonymous text-based narrative makes several good points about life.

>> CLICKY <<

All done? Good.

By now you've all seen, read, posted in, heard about, or purposely avoided "THE ANGST ZONE" thread, right? It's a nifty little black hole of all our woes, throes, and sorrows where we can dump all the junk that's weighing us down.

Well, my philosophy is that once you've thrown all that off, you need something to lift you back up. Why not take a pit stop at THE GLEE ZONE after you've relieved some tension?

How this works:

1) Stop on by.

2) Take a reading on your mood. After all, we're all technical and science-y here at ATG Anon.

3) If your mood indicates Gleeful, share it! Let us all know why you're feeling particularly happy. Give us some advice as to how we too can pick up a little piece of happy. You could even post a website or a picture to assist in lightening the atmosphere!

4) If your mood indicates Not-so-gleeful, well take a perch and read through. You might find something, anything that makes your heart feel a bit lighter. It could be a quote, a poem, a picture, a song... Anything, really.

5) Before you leave, rate your experience. Let me know if you've had your day brightened or not. 3nodding Customer service starts with the customer, after all.

Now before I leave you, I want to say one more thing. Have a good day. smile I know all this happy-sappy mumbo jumbo might get old sometimes, but deep down, all of us just want to find what makes us really happy.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:10 pm
Hmm the part that hit me the most was "become selfish" I feel that I am in no way selfish. I hardly buy items for myself, and I usually put others before me. Such as tonight, just a few minutes ago I drove my brother in law downtown, when I should have said "No I need to go to bed." Even now a friend wants to talk to me and I can't bring myself to tell him that I need to go to bed. I always go out of my way for others. My friend told me I should stop because I'll burn myself out. I would but I just can't being myself to say no to people.

I've been trying something new. Whenever something angers me, I be happy instead. It's super hard because right now I have very little to actually be happy about, but I try and it gets me through.

Thank you Pisces. Thank you for the video, thank you for the thread where I can reflect on myself a bit. I'm sure I will use this thread often! Pisces, you have made me happy! *huggles*  

God-Raped-Me

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:59 am
*Boots up the Moodometer*

*arrow clicks up to GLEE*

Well, wouldja look at that, I'm full o' glee! biggrin

So, what's making me GLEEful?

I suppose it'd have to be reflecting on this year. I've achieved more this year than I have in a long time. This year I completed a college course and began a HND course at university. This year, I've lived more than I ever have done. I've started going out for drinks with my friend Andy. We don't get so wasted we can't walk, but we get merry and have good fun. I've met the most amazing girl I could ever hope to meet and feel closer to her than I've ever felt with a girl.

And currently I'm blasting myself with some brutal-as-hell Black Metal (see what I did there?).

2009 has been good. Yeah, I've had my ups and downs, but in the end I'm still alive so it can't have been THAT bad, can it? smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:21 pm
I think I'll just toss this in here... mrgreen  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:03 am
I am happy~... I am happy because instead of going to bed when I was "supposed" to, I decided to stay awake and watch a show that I love, pay this place a visit, and write a story about a zombie... I'm exhausted, but very pleased with what I've done with this time.

I'm also happy because I just let a friend (John) go, somebody I've grown rather fond of over the past few months, with little to no trouble. Apparently I'd become a burden. So without noteable anger, sadness, or resilience I apologized to him, wished him a wonderful life, and let him be. I'm proud of myself for skimming over this incident, choosing not to take offense or cling to his company at the cost of his comfort, and hoping the best for him...

To give feedback on this thread: I like this place~... I'd actually pondered making one exactly like it a few dozen times, and I'm glad somebody finally did.

Aretoo's link makes me smile.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:30 pm
It makes me happy too, Slim. 3nodding Good to see you're still lurkin' around from time to time. smile

Also, here. This just made me happy.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:37 pm
This makes me happy. It even has happy in the title in it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:15 pm
Well... from the last few days, a reminder of things that make me happy:

The sound of birds' wings overhead on the farm, where the sounds of the city don't dull the whisk through the air,

The sound and feel of thin ice with pockets of air underneath crunching beneath the feet on frozen mud-puddles

The sight of ice crystals forming on mud puddles when it first begins to freeze

Snow falling on a Tuesday afternoon, when it wasn't forecast at all, and watching the city turn white with 3" of "surprise snow" (Not so happy for the poor commuters with the surprise snow and equally surprising 6-hour commute home, but that's another story)

And catching the above snowflakes on one's tongue. (Or face, if the wind kicked up a gust while trying to catch on one's tongue...) whee  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:44 am
I am incredibly happy right now. Why? Well I just got back from a trip to see my boyfriend in Virginia and had a fantastic time. There wasn't much awkwardness and it was quickly dispelled over the lunch we had at Bob Evans.

Afterwards it was just two weeks of him having me try new alcohol, playing games, him being a pest, and watching anime...or just cuddling. We cuddled a lot. razz

So I'm actually quite happy despite somethings that happened while I was gone. But I won't go into that because this isn't the thread for it. biggrin

Oh..and my baby sister is crawling now at 7 months, that's pretty exciting. >w>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 pm
Glee is back! (No, not the TV show, though that's pretty awesome, too)

Try this and this! biggrin  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:11 pm
I woke up today and realized something. I'm Saverio C. and that means I am the single most important person ever! How much better can it be.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 am
Bunnies.... Bunnies.... Bunnies.... Bunnies.... Bunnies.... Bunnies.... Bunnies.... Bunnies.... Bunnies.... Bunnies....

AhaHAhahaHAHAHAHAHAHAhaHAHAHA!!!!!  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:46 am
...Is that "glee" or "mania", Jafty? wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:52 am