Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Praise God ~ praise reports
Post Your Testimonies Sincerely Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jesus Loves You
  and He loves you too c':
View Results

kimidi

Noob

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:28 pm
Hi guys. I decided to share my tiny testimony. redface

Personally, I am a christian and very glad to be one.
I was born into this religion, and wasn't actually close to God spiritually.
I just went to church being the "good little church girl".
A few years ago, everything about me changed.
During J-Gen, a summer christian retreat, I was spiritually moved and blessed by God. His love overfilled my heart at a time when I was emotionally broken. My small church had to separate because of parent/pastor problems. This church was everything to me and I counted on them.

I was pretty depressed. sweatdrop
When God opened my eyes to his reasons, I accepted this fateful path and followed it, hoping God had better plans for me.
He definitely did.

Now, I'm strong spiritually, but emotionally I'm much more sensitive. sweatdrop but I love more and smile much brighter.

I think this guild is a great way to display your faith online, but I think we should be careful with what we post.
Christians are greatly blamed for being hypocrites and are cursed at for their mistakes. Non-believers seem to look for a reason to pick on Christians. I do not have anything against any non-christians.
I just believe its my duty to fulfill God's purpose for putting me here on this earth.

-For those who aren't believers-
You may think I sound overly religious or possibly a fanatic, but you haven't experienced what I've felt. God shook me. His love for me, a sinner, was so overwhelming, I gave in and surrendered to Him.

"His love is unbeatable, unshakable, and unsearchable." (I believe that's correct. I quoted it from a Worship Song.)

Thanks for reading.
If you'd like to post your testimony, feel free to do so. c':

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:29 pm
heart  

kimidi

Noob

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Timid 100

Q U A C K E R J A C K E R

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:52 pm
That Is Awesomeee!

I Will Share Mine When I Have Time! I Promisee! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:02 pm
heart Thanks.

Aww, only one person posted after this many dayss. sweatdrop

sighhhh oh well.  

kimidi

Noob

5,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Timid 100

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 pm
I am kind of afraid to post mine. Although I want to share it, it's just that people might think of me different and I'm afraid of being shunned.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:11 pm
My testimony is probably going to be a lil long but I'll try to keep it short and to the point:

I'm Samantha and I'm the youngest of 4 children. my parents were not raised in the church but in their adult years became more religious and started going to church. By the time I came along my parents pretty much stopped going to church though. My mom always told me about God and heaven and hell and I believed in Jesus and such. It wasn't until I was 11 when a friend of my mother's came by and talked to me about Jesus did I truly understand. I prayed for God's forgiveness and his saving grace upon my soul. I had had some major trauma in my life years previous to that and I still questioned how God could let that happen to a child. I prayed often but never for the truly right things. I started attending my Grandmother's church when I was about 12 and she gave me my first real bible. I love going to church and always sat in the front pew. A lot of times it was hard to understand but I loved god and I knew he loved me so that was all that mattered. After about a year I stopped going to church when I was unable to get rides from my family. I still prayed but my life became pretty bad in my early teens. I became bitter and more upset with god and slowly stopped praying and caring. I hurt myself constantly and hated myself because I felt worthless. I attempted suicide more than once. I wanted my life to be taken because of all the hurt I kept locked inside. At about 15 I was forced into therapy when my biggest secret came out of me and my parents found out. Through 2 different therapists I got over some of my hurt. I began to pray again and have faith but I was still quite doubtful of some things. At 16 I started to help out at the church my parents started attending. I helped with the children's choir. The music leader at the church didn't like my piercings and said she didn't want me to wear them while at church and that made me feel bad and angry that I would be judged like that. And I ended up quitting that. At 17 I became pregnant, I kept it a secret and thought if no one found out about it I could go through with an abortion. I didn't think I was ready for a child and I prayed constantly to God asking him why he would do this to me. Luckily a day later I decided to talk to my mom about it and she helped me to see that I couldn't kill an innocent life like that. And I finally realized that God was giving me a beautiful precious life on loan to raise up in him. I remembered hearing that God never gave us more than we could handle and embraced the gift he was giving me. Even though I became more faithful and believing from that point I still did not attend church. My husband and I married about 2 months before our daughter was born. And When she was born we had her dedicated to the lord at the same church I had stopped helping out at. the day of her dedication my husband had his first seizure and from that day on had many a day. He was rushed to the hospital many times and I often thought I would lose him. To be completely honest I didn't even get a shower the first 2 weeks after my daughter was born because I was either in the hospital helping my husband while my daughter was with my mother or I was taking care of my daughter (my husband wasn't even allowed to hold her due to the seizures.). I was stressed thin but finally got that shower ha ha. after a couple of months with his seizures under control my husband ended up using drugs again (he was a drug user in his teens) and that rocked me and my family hard. He left me many times but for some reason I was always strong and knew I would survive. During those times people would ask how I was getting through and how I stayed strong and even though I never really said it I knew it was God helping me. He gave me the strength and the courage to handle all that came my way. I became quite optimistic and hopeful. My husband got clean and every now and then I would start to attend church. When my daughter was about 18months I started going to church on the regular because I knew I wanted my daughter to be brought up in the lord. I knew I wanted her earliest memories to be about going to church and learning about god and being in a family who had faith and believed! 2 days after my daughters second birthday I was baptized and it was magical. I knew that I was on the right path with God. I found a recovery group called Celebrate Recovery. They are a christian based recovery group who deal with hurts, habits, and hang-ups. The work the 12 steps through God and it's amazing. I'm work on my codependency and currently just started a 12 step group and am going to start working my steps! I'm now 20yrs old almost 21 and I attend church every Sunday. I go to bible study and so does my daughter. it's the highlight of her week and I know that it pleases the lord so that I'm doing the right thing by his child that he let me borrow. I'm learning to read the bible more often and I know that it is through god that all things are possible but if it's not in his plan then it won't happen and accept that today. I love the lord and know that it is only he that kept me alive all this time and is opening my eyes, heart, and soul to him more than ever because I am truly believing and willing to receive him!

--- Sorry for the long writing and no breaks but that's my story in the shortest I could get it. thanks for taking the time to read this if you do and God bless!  

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

twotinator

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:02 pm
Well, here goes...

I'm an only child and I was born into this religion. I was baptized at 6 months old. Like you, I was a "good little church girl" and I went to Sunday school for 3 years. I didn't really understand what it meant to be a Christian until I was in 6th grade. Something happened in my life that caused me to be very depressed. I stopped going to church until last summer. There was a new church in my area and it was a tight-knit church that accepted me gracefully. It really helped me, and that's when I think I truly accepted God into my life. smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:45 pm
kibasgirl300
I am kind of afraid to post mine. Although I want to share it, it's just that people might think of me different and I'm afraid of being shunned.

If they shun you they are judging you and judgment is a sin and 365 times in the Bible God says not to fear.  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:49 pm
my testimony isn't very long.
I accepted Christ at a very young age (around 3 or 4) and i have grown up believing in him. I have grown closer to him and even though i am only 14 i am very spiritually close to him.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:06 pm
Okay this is a testimony I gave to my college group at a service we call 7:37 based of of the verse from John "If he thirsts then let him come to me and drink" well we have a praise band plays some songs a message and then we have some snacks and fellowship.

I had decided to read the following because I wanted to share how I decided to come to Christ and to show the group that I had been hanging out with from time to time going to church with for a whole year was not a believer but someone who was looking for Christ.

In that whole year not one of the group had asked me where I was at in my relationship with God the only exceptions were my dad step mom the college minister and someone from the high school group who I've gotten to know and talked about scripture and other things. I'll post up the link so you can read it.One Chance I think the title is aptly named because it is true we have this one life and just one chance to reach others for God.

Reading it in front of the group I was a little emotional but the rest of the room was more than I was. I finished reading and I swear if there was a cricket in the room it would have been the loudest thing in there. The praise band singer/leader got up to the mic and was honestly at a loss for words but made the prayer and the statement that he would try his best to make sure that there wouldn't be a lost person just going day by day wondering what was out there for him.

I wait for responses and or friendly criticism. xd xd biggrin  

shadowkiller boy

6,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:00 am
This Sunday will mark the first anniversery of when I first saw the Light. When I stopped believing in God and started to know of God.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:38 pm
my testimony can be summed up in one sentence:

i was born into religion, raised according to it, rebelled against it, but ultimately, chose to be with Him.

PRAISE BE TO BRO!

Parandus

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 pm
Awesome testimony.
Well I don't have anything amazing to say, I was basically born in church, lol.
I've LOVED going to church ever since I was young.
I've always been pretty active in anything to do with church matters, so I don't really have a jaw dropping testimony.
But just like you I never had a real life changing experience with God until I was at an older stage in life, and I know I truly am a christian not because I've been going to church all my life but because I choose to serve God.
It is saddening to see people that I grew up with and that I went to Sunday school with decide to turn away from God even when they grew up in church just like I did.
But it also makes me more reassured that what I believe was not merely religion but it's really is a personal relationship.
Otherwise I would be where they are.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:21 pm
i used to think that god hated me, im bi, and ive always felt like god didn't care about me, i was extremly depressed that my two dogd neena and munchkin had to be put down, and soon my gunea pig died, i felt like a i lost mu family, than a couple months my grandma died, but in the summer god helped me, he helped me to stop being depressed and suicidal, i truly believe the following is gods work: my dad found a baby mouse at work (it was a wild mouse) than later in the day he brough home a seond one he found, i got to wake up and feed them, and mother them, although me and my mom did a bad job of taking care f them, they lasted preety long, they were sick and my baby stripes died the next day at 12:00 and my other baby scruff died 2 days later at 6:32, they brought me out of my suicidal and depression, im i get depressed all the time now, but my spirit feels lighter because i realized god loves me, he helps me get through all my problems. thank you god.  

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 pm
I don't have much of one to share, but here i go

Well when i was 7 my grandma had recently died, I wasn't allowed to go to her funeral because my parent's didn't want me to see her that way, a few days later I got the news my Dog (Midnight) had to be put down (He bit my neighbors daughter) ironically the day we where going to take him...he died, i cried for weeks Then I realized, I didn't need to, Dog's come and go and so do grandmas but God doesn't, it helped me out and thats where i get my silly spirit mrgreen  
Praise God ~ praise reports

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff