Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Christianity explained Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you find it hard talking to non christians about christianity
  yes
  no
  not sure
View Results

xxabbygirlxx

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:13 pm
Have you ever found it hard talking to non-Christains about what we as Christians believe in? Well I know I have, that's why I've set this topic up so that we can ask, get answers, and help. Don't be afraid to talk about stuff, everyone is here for everyone. If I don't have an answer, I'm sure some of our other friendz in the Lord will. smile
COZ AS FAR AS I KNOW WE CHRISTIANS ROCK YEAH!!!!

LOL, SERIOUSLY!

SO DON'T BE ASHAMED OF WHAT WE ARE!!!!

Hey! Be encouraging, because we all love to hear a kind word from one another. Please people help out other people as well smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:25 pm
HEY people, I'm Abi and I come from a very firm Christian family where both my mum and dad are pastors.
I'm very happy to be a christian and am trying to improve the way that I communicate with people, wanting to learn more about Christianity.
I am a youth leader and participate in the music band at my church.
The church that I go to, here in New Zealand, is called gateway ACTS church. It's part of the ACTS church movment, but we are a small cozy little church in Onehunga. We are a Penticostal congregation which means, we belive the holy spirit filling us and being able to commune with god through the holy spirit. I absolutely love my church, it's like my family.  

xxabbygirlxx

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200

sykoon3223

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:56 pm
I am a bit new to this guild however this thread caught my eye. however one thing i must ask before i post, is this thread about explaining what a christian is or explaining the origins of the religion itself?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm
sykoon3223
I am a bit new to this guild however this thread caught my eye. however one thing i must ask before i post, is this thread about explaining what a christian is or explaining the origins of the religion itself?
Well you can't have one without the other. If a person doesn't know the orgins then they don't know why they believe what they believe. Also it takes a lot to explain Christianity. I'm 19, I've been saved since I was 8, and I'm still learning things.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:47 pm
xxabbygirlxx
HEY people, I'm Abi and I come from a very firm Christian family where both my mum and dad are pastors.
I'm very happy to be a christian and am trying to improve the way that I communicate with people, wanting to learn more about Christianity.
I am a youth leader and participate in the music band at my church.
The church that I go to, here in New Zealand, is called gateway ACTS church. It's part of the ACTS church movment, but we are a small cozy little church in Onehunga. We are a Penticostal congregation which means, we belive the holy spirit filling us and being able to commune with god through the holy spirit. I absolutely love my church, it's like my family.
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

please post this in the introduction sticky.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 pm
I find it hard.
I'm the only Christian in my family. I've been called self righteous once by my mother and sister. I've found that non-believers don't share some of the same values as believers do. For that, it is hard to connect and find common ground with them.

WoodSorrelWitch

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:47 pm
PawzPrint
I find it hard.
I'm the only Christian in my family. I've been called self righteous once by my mother and sister. I've found that non-believers don't share some of the same values as believers do. For that, it is hard to connect and find common ground with them.

It's because we are in the world and not of it. John 15:18-19 says "If the world hates you, know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you belonged to the world, the world would treat you with affection and would love you as its own. But because you are not of the world [no longer one with it], but I have chosen (selected) you out of the world, the world hates (detests) you." Don't worry I've been picked on for being a "goody goody" and acused of being self-rightous. Some of them were even so called "Christians" that did that. The thing is they notice something different about you and they react certain ways to it. The main ones are they are curious and want to know more, they try to take you down a notch while making themselves feel better, or they just don't care.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:49 pm
That really frustrates me: a people generalizing about all Christians just because of the actions of some people claiming to be Christians.
Not everyone is like that.
Counterfeit money exists but that doesn't mean real money doesn't.

WoodSorrelWitch

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:56 pm
PawzPrint
That really frustrates me: a people generalizing about all Christians just because of the actions of some people claiming to be Christians.
Not everyone is like that.
Counterfeit money exists but that doesn't mean real money doesn't.

It's common stereotyping which can lead to so many horrible things. Such as genocide, hate crimes, persicution, ect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 am
Yes it is very complicated to talk to non Christains about Christianity. Partially because of all the stereotypes.

It's the same way when I am trying to tell people about my beliefs as a Latter-day Saint. There is so many stereotypes, false information, etc. about my religion that as soon as I try to tell some one about it, I get anti-LDS stuff thrown in my face and people sticking their fingers in their ears and saying the equivallent of "nanana I can't hear you!!!"

But like you said, OP, we shouldn't be afraid to stand up for our beliefs and talk about them!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 am
In a guild that I have really enjoyed being a part of, I got called a moral f** b**** because I posted my thoughts in the Sex Before Marriage thread and because I have what's in my signature.

I'm actually thinking about leaving that guild...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:38 am
PawzPrint
In a guild that I have really enjoyed being a part of, I got called a moral f** b**** because I posted my thoughts in the Sex Before Marriage thread and because I have what's in my signature.

What guild?  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:02 pm
Shadows-shine
PawzPrint

What guild?
Safe Haven  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:45 pm
I'm not sure what sort of Christian I am. I hope that's ok. I'm still trying to figure out what God wants for me.

I went to the beach yesterday and it was on the walk over to the beach that I started talking about God. After a while, one of my friends said, "Can we stop talking about religion?"

I said, "I'm not talking about religion. I'm talking about God," and then he didn't reply back.

I don't know if it is that he does not believe in God or if his faith is lacking, but it felt like he didn't want to listen to me talk about our Lord.

What I don't understand is why him and my other friend label me like I am some saint. Maybe they think that because I don't think like they do. The way they speak is more secular, using profanity on occasion. One of them says things sometimes that really makes me think, "How can he say something like that?"  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

turtlesdoexist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:55 pm
My family and friends are all athiests, so I don't really talk about religion.
I've tried a few times, but they don't get how much it means to me, and a few have questioned whether I even am a Christian, which I found rather offensive.
Just because I don't talk about my beliefs, doesn't mean they're not there.

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff