Tales Characters Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 pm
So the other day I got back into playing the Tales series of games, and I've noticed that I'll only control certain characters. I'm certain a few of you are familiar with at least one of the Tales games.

My question to you guys, what characters do you like to control, why that character as opposed to the others, and all that junk.

As for me, if I'm playing Symphonia, I'll use Kratos. When he leaves the party, I'll use Lloyd, and when you can get him back, I get him back and I kill Zelos...cause I hate his guts...he's annoying as piss ^_^

If I'm playing Abyss, I'll use Guy over Luke, because Guy is faster, and if you use the right C. Cores, he can be even stronger than Luke.

Phantasia, I'll just use Cress, since he's always in your party anyway.

I can't remember who I like to use in Vesperia, but once I get that back from Prinny, I'll give that another go, since I haven't actually beaten it yet...

and I think I should borrow Symphonia 2, seeing as I haven't played it yet... And I think I probably should.

So yeah, ATG, who are your most used Tales characters and why?

I wanna know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 pm
I've only ever played Symphonia (and that was a bit of a while back >.>) but I do remember using primarily Lloyd and Presea. Why? I'm not sure. The reasoning behind Lloyd is probably because he's the main character, and I just got used to him (that and I grew fond of how I mapped out the shortcuts for his attacks). And I dunno about Presea...I just liked fighting as her (compared to fighting as some of the other folks anyway...).

My brother played Symphonia with me a lot too. I remember he liked being Zelos most of the time, but he spent quite a while playing as Genis and I think Regal too...

invisible-weirdo

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 pm
AH, the Tales series. Symphonia was my first, I borrowed it from a friend until I bought my own. I always play as either Lloyd, Kratos, Sheena, or Regal (unless for some odd reason they aren't available, such as if I'm multiplaying a new game and at the beginning - then I play as Genis)

Tales of Phantasia is one of my newer games, I was at gamestop looking at the gameboy games (Mostly at the pokemon games) and went "HOSHIT a tales game I can play on my DS." There, I play as Cress. Then again, I'm not very far into it, so I haven't found anyone else to play as.

I got Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for christmas, and while it's nowhere near as in-depth as the first one (I think I may be about to beat it already) it has all the characters from the original except for Kratos, and even has a few new ones. I've only played as Emil in that one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:34 pm
From what I hear, Chester is pretty popular to use as well. I kinda want to play Dawn of the New World. It's just when ever I wanted to get it, I was either A) broke as s**t, or B) I found something I liked better ^_^

I don't think I got very far in Vesperia, but from what I do recall, I stuck with Yuri most of the time.

If you've got a ps2 or 3, I definitely suggest trying to find Abyss. It's just as in depth as Symphonia, and the ending is well...kind of a tear jerker, even though Luke is an a** muncher.

I finally beat it last night, lol...after a few years of owning the game...(sad, I know) but, I had put it down for something else, and then I forgot where I was at in the game. Then Prinny wanted to borrow it, so I let him. When I got it back, I decided to start over...logged over 90 hours of gameplay. Did most of the sidequests too.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:47 pm
For the most part, I tend to stick with Nintendo systems, yet there are enough games for the ps2 that I like that might make me eventually look into that companies hardware. For the moment, I have a ps2 emulator, but I can't figure out how to make it work right.

I think it might be able to directly play ps2 game disks, but I'm unsure about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:03 pm
I like Sony's hardware. A lot more than I like Nintendo's current console right now. I love the older systems, and Zelda keeps me coming back. Pokemon keeps me there lol.

I'm just curious if they're going to release a Tales game on ps3...

They still haven't released Destiny or Eternia in the US...I'm hoping they do at some point...

I mean, I could go and import them, but then I wouldn't be able to understand what they're saying, since I can't read Japanese.  

Arcanas

Hunter

penned ignorance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 pm
Definitely have to agree that Guy is better than Luke. His character is easier to control, and, let's face it, he's just an all-around better character than Luke. Luke is a whiny prat...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 pm
Ahhh the Tales series. I fell in love with it when I got Tales of Symphonia as a gift on a whim from my dad. :3

I always use the main characters honestly, aka Lloyd, Luke, Yuri, Senel (Tales of Legendia)

They're usually the easiest to get used to since you're using them right from the beginning.

Otherwise I use a character that's similar. ( aka if not Luke I'll play Guy.)

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:22 pm
I forgot about Legendia...I didn't like that entry of the series myself.

But, now that you bring it up, I used Chloe...I think that was her name...lol. Since she was the most familiar, using a sword and all. But Senel did have those nifty boss throws.

Main reason why I didn't use Luke, was he was too slow. Way to slow. Although, when you get to use Asch, I enjoyed using him more than Luke...too bad his equipment was locked.

Main reason why I liked using Kratos more than Lloyd, was he reminded me of a Paladin, attacking and healing. I also liked having control of the battle that way, making sure heals were getting off when they were needed, not late. I mean, sure, Raine has bigger heals, but first aid is faster ^_^

As for why I never used Zelos, his voice annoyed the s**t outta me. Always shouting "Ready for this?! First Aid!" -_-  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 pm
Thats one of the reasons I always played as Kratos or Regal. Though I preferred Kratos, since Regal's healing artes are relative to distance from the target, and I prefer to heal from a distance.

One issue I have with Kratos though is his constant (especially at the beginning of the game, if you don't use grade shop purchases to make it easier) was his version of Zelos' incantation -"Don't over-do it -- First Aid!"

Then again, his Judgment suit and the incantation for Judgment are awesome. xd  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:19 pm
I dunno, I just never really liked Zelos...maybe cause he thinks he can rock pink. Although, I'm not certain, but I think you can do the Colosseum with Zelos to get the Last Fencer sword, then give it to Kratos?

I need to play through again, just to be sure.

If not, he's stuck with Excalibur...which isn't bad. But Last Fencer is better...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 am
I've never played any of the Tales games, but I'm that way in other video games. I've been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of Sky and there are certain Pokemon I prefer to keep in my team. I also have a hard time level grinding without using my character (a Charmander) and my partner character (Riolu).

I'm like that way in the .hack//G.U. Series as well. I hardly ever use Sakubo or Silibus or Gaspard. I prefer using Atoli and Endrance.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:32 pm
I believe that as long as you don't have it equipped to Zelos when you fight him, you keep it. Though I think when you fight him, no matter what he's equipped with, he fights with the laser sword or the ether sword. Not sure on the last part though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:36 pm
Yeah, I think Zelos usually has the Ether Sword equipped.

Kyla: I usually do the same thing when I play pokemon as well. I'll only use certain pokemon, and if I can't get them during the initial playthrough, I'll keep empty spots on my team until I can get them... Which usually means I end up beating the elite for with a team of about...3-4 pokemon...  

Arcanas

Hunter

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:21 am
Hmm, I don't think I've ever kept empty slots in my party. I usually have "placeholders" until I have the team I'm going for.

::Unrelated side note:: Heart Gold and Soul Silver are going to be sooo amazing crying  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff