When AdSense Goes Awry... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:35 pm
User Image

So... ATG... How exactly do these ads apply to me? A better question might be what sites do I visit to get ads so irrelevant to my interests?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:15 pm
I'm always getting some to make my p***s bigger. They make me laugh! All I can think is "Hoe damn! I need those worse than any man out there! It might GIVE me one"

Sometime it gets the adds right though.... not about the p***s that is....  

God-Raped-Me

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 pm
Are you kidding? You need a p***s as much as I need a devout lesbian Christian. 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:36 pm
Those still exist O.o?
the devout lesbian christians  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm
Holy ******** Lin! You almost had me pissing my pants with that last one!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:33 pm
I don't see ads on my home computer, but when I'm on CBC at work, I get lots of ads offering tests to find out if my husband is gay.

Bit redundant, really. If he's MY husband, he's probably gay...don't really need a test to find that out.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:51 pm
But what if you don't really know, Tae?

It is Google, and heavens knows Google knows everything. Maybe I do need a devout Christian lesbian to set my life straight, in all connotations.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 pm
Taeryyn
I don't see ads on my home computer, but when I'm on CBC at work, I get lots of ads offering tests to find out if my husband is gay.

Bit redundant, really. If he's MY husband, he's probably gay...don't really need a test to find that out.

Actually, it would kinda suck, in your case, if he WASN'T. xd  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:05 pm
God-Raped-Me
I'm always getting some to make my p***s bigger. They make me laugh! All I can think is "Hoe damn! I need those worse than any man out there! It might GIVE me one"

I get those a lot too. I wonder if they even research who they send the ads to?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:52 am
gonk I keep seeing ads for some website called "Evony" which claims to be some kind of MMORPG type thing...but seems more like some kind of MMORGY judging by the pictures they use in the ads. sweatdrop  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 am
Kyla_Ewens
gonk I keep seeing ads for some website called "Evony" which claims to be some kind of MMORPG type thing...but seems more like some kind of MMORGY judging by the pictures they use in the ads. sweatdrop

evony is a village building MMorpg
the reason for the model is an advertisement ploy. they used it to catch the attention of people more then they would with simply a picture of the game.
Nothing sexual about the game.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:32 am
Evony still disturbs me regardless because of the advertisements. At the very least, show me less boob.  

Sentama Lin

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 am
icywind1980
God-Raped-Me

I get those a lot too. I wonder if they even research who they send the ads to?

no they don't.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 am
Well, most of the ads that AdSense, and other companies (DoubleClick, etc.) uses the user's browser activity to best pick the advertisements most relevant for the user. I can understand that it's not always perfect (and, since I browse a metaphorical rainbow of material, littered with unmentionable things) and can be wrong in its guesses, since it is a machine trying to guess what you like by looking at just one aspect of you.  

Sentama Lin

STATlC ECH0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 pm
This is all precisely why I have Adblock on Firefox. It scares me how stupid ads can be, because it probably relates to how stupid many of the people are that use the internet. Someone's clicking them.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff