Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KAT_MASTER15

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 pm
So my friends and i have been talking about this all day and i just couldn't get it out of my head! Soooo...i decided to write it down here.

Here's the deal. There is this book called "The Zombie Survival guide."
And i guess you'll know what happens next...(crazy girls go crazy over this topic and this is where i end up with the whole Zombie apocalypse crap)

Anyways, the only way to get away from zombies is to hijack a cruise ship and live at sea.

Our plan is to use all the disney channel stars as bait and throw them to the zombies as we make our way to the ship. We get our zombie survival kit (basically a bunch of stuff from costco) and live our new lives on a ship forever.

SOOOO my question to you is....
What will you do when the Zombie Apocalypse comes?
(keep in mind that you are not welcome on our cruise ship XD)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 pm
Well, that seems like a good idea, but there are many flaws, and since I'm lazy, I also won't list them.

I already have a full detailed plan for that day. Since I'm lazy, I won't go into full detail, but it does involve barricading myself and many other survivors in the local hospital. Many people say this is foolish, but eventually, someone is going to get sick, or pregnant, and what place is better to maintain a person's health than a hospital with advanced medical equipment. Plus it has a large freezer that we can store supplies in, a power generator, and many rooms. It's a full plan, but I'm too lazy to type it out.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:41 pm
"In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny...

Oddly enough, I had a similar conversation with another ATGer a few days ago.

Anyway, What I'd do? Arm myself and cause as much chaos and trouble that I can, do everything I've really wanted to do. Raid stores, walk around in broad daylight with revealed weapons, ect.

Eventually, once I get all that junk out of my system, I'd be driving around the country to make sure that the people I care about are still ok and aren't chewing on their fellow man.

...and each regret and each good-bye, was a mistake too great to hide"

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:23 pm
Take over an abandoned prison with friendly, preferably non-suicidal, people.

And never, ever go exploring that nearby town of other survivors. Only bad can come of this.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

RurouniZakku

Invisible Genius

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:10 am
AlcoholicPancake
Well, that seems like a good idea, but there are many flaws, and since I'm lazy, I also won't list them.

I already have a full detailed plan for that day. Since I'm lazy, I won't go into full detail, but it does involve barricading myself and many other survivors in the local hospital. Many people say this is foolish, but eventually, someone is going to get sick, or pregnant, and what place is better to maintain a person's health than a hospital with advanced medical equipment. Plus it has a large freezer that we can store supplies in, a power generator, and many rooms. It's a full plan, but I'm too lazy to type it out.

The biggest flaw in your plan is, that many of the infected would be in the hospital, and many panicking people, it would be impossible to set it up before it was over run.
The day of the zombie apocalypse, I will be on the top floor of a hotel, with the stairs smashed so that they can't get up.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 am
Hmm...I suppose it depends on what kind of Zombie Apocalypse is at hand. If it's some kind of "ancient curse" zombies, I'd find the most secure place I could find and hoard ammo and food and just try to survive as long as possible. Trouble with those ancient curses is, unless you can find a countercurse, there's not much you can do to get rid of those zombies. They can usually outlast you.

In the case of zombies created by science, where becomming a zombie is transmitted through blood, that seems to be easier to deal with. In those cases, zombies can usually be defeated if you take out the brain (when magic is involved, zombies can ALWAYS recover). So in that case, I'd try to do what Will Smith did in Legend, and devote my entire life to survival and staying one step ahead...probably wouldn't attempt to find a cure though because I'd have no idea where to start. It seems with science induced zombies, the zombies are more likely to have restrictions like: aversion to sunlight, inability to swim, less likely to recover from dismemberment.

Oh and on a sidenote, until I watched 28 Days Later, my only concern during a zombie atttack was the zombies....Now I'm worried about zombies, AND getting raped...thanks 28 Days Later! gonk crying  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 am
RurouniZakku
The day of the zombie apocalypse, I will be on the top floor of a hotel, with the stairs smashed so that they can't get up.

What about food? How will you get down if help never comes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 am
In a nutshell:
Get guns (As many as you can carry)
Get supplies (As much as you can carry)
Get a vehicle (Like an armored car or a large truck)
Get away from the major outbreak areas. Preferably to locations with a lower population density.

Much later, if I can find enough other survivors, begin exterminating walking dead.  

Phaeton 2

STATlC ECH0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm
Phaeton 2
In a nutshell:
Get guns (As many as you can carry)
Get supplies (As much as you can carry)
Get a vehicle (Like an armored car or a large truck)
Get away from the major outbreak areas. Preferably to locations with a lower population density.

Much later, if I can find enough other survivors, begin exterminating walking dead.

Don't forget the barricaded house with no staircase (only removable rope ladder).

Armored cars and amount of guns all really depends on how intelligent and fast zombies are. As we have never seen real zombies, we have no idea if they'll be slow and lumbering (Shaun of the Dead) or ready to run after us (30 Days Later). If they're running, we need a really strong, fast vehicle. If they are slow, a slower, stronger vehicle will suffice.

Also, preparation depends on if other animals are affected. If they are (like in Resident Evil) there will have to be more measures taken because animals are really everywhere and as society starts to deteriorate, the proliferation of animals will only become worse. Hawks, for instance, could easily smash through upper windows.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 am
RurouniZakku
AlcoholicPancake

The biggest flaw in your plan is, that many of the infected would be in the hospital, and many panicking people, it would be impossible to set it up before it was over run.

All people in the hospital that are sick would be removed obviously. I said I didn't go into full detail because I was lazy. The only people that would remain from before we went in would be the doctors, because we'd need trained medical personnel. I'd also be quick to oversee that anyone coming or going from the colony were carefully screened for bites or signs of infection. Of course, the nature of the screening process would be dependent on the type of zombie apocalypse that was happening  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 pm
No guns. Too noisy. Daggers and others things, good. Quiet, quick. Don't need bullets. Bite proof clothing, also good. Have the gloves already. Acquire hybrid car. Quiet engine. Make way to countryside. Less people. Less zombies. Find farm. Secure it. Base of operations. Renewable food source. Build stone wall perimeter with survivors. Twelve feet high. Would like twenty. Watch zombies rot. Seasons change. Nature wins. Clear out stragglers. Rebuild.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNJAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:40 pm
In any zombie apocalypse scenario, I would first and foremost I would have Aretoo drive me up north to make sure that my mom and step-father were OK. I would take her and all of us up to her farmstead in somewhere. My dad and Aretoo have experience in farming and I'm sure with enough hands we can have self-sustainability with enough work.

The most important thing to have is a fresh source of food and water. Blunt objects are just as effective against zombies as long as your aim is good. The benefit of distance is overruled by the attention drawn by the gunshots.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 pm
Zombies can't swim, right? I head for an island without much people and raise a sustainable community. We should be alright assuming as long as we carefully watch for infected people coming to us so we'd keep constant guard and be well-armed with flamethrowers.

Then we just really sit and wait. Zombies can't roam around forever. They need food for a reason. After most of humanity in gone we can go back after we're confident that the zombies aren't around anymore.

I'd want to stay away from major metropolitan areas. Maybe go up north to where it's a hell of a lot colder. I figure zombies freeze up pretty well.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:07 am
Norway, one of the safest places against Zombies, theres a shotgun in pretty much every house.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

KAT_MASTER15

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:23 pm
Shram
Norway, one of the safest places against Zombies, theres a shotgun in pretty much every house.

hahahaa...omg thats awesome!....now i know where my destination is after i leave the port...lol  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff