Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Make Meh MANLY Avi Contest (Done!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Update!

Congrats to Roland for making it to page 5 and 13 before everyone else, to Pickle Relish for being the first to page 7, and to Invisible-Weirdo for being the first on page 10!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Welcome, ATGers!
It has come to my attention that I've developed a bit of a reputation for having girly avatars. (Really don't know why that would be. I swear. sweatdrop ) So, with Kerri's amazing contest as inspiration, I've decided to host my own contest to see which of you can make meh MANLY.

The Goal
Using my inventory, create me a masculine, macho avatar that's so full of testosterone that it blows my mind. surprised With the exception of the Testosterone prize, I'll be picking the winners.

Your Resource::
http://www.tektek.org/dream/dream.php?avatar=34662195
*Please note that Tektek layering is notoriously glitchy. I'll PM you to let you know if your entry doesn't work.
Also, although I do have doubles of some of my items, for simplicity's sake, I'm not listing them. Just assume that I only have one of each item.

The Rules
-You may use any hair style you like, and you are welcome to change my base skin tone if you wish.
-You may use only items from my inventory.
-Entries must be in by February 23rd (PMed to me or posted in the thread)
-You may enter as many times as you like, but you may only win one of the main prizes.

Speaking of main prizes...there are several ways to win:

The Super Muscle Handlebar 'Stache Prize
This goes to the individual whose entry is the most manly creation this side of Chuck Norris.

The recipient of this prestigious award is...
Alarias!
User Image
Enjoy your 30k and your new, smashy, extra-bashy sledgehammer!

The runner up is Kalstolyn!
User Image
You'll be receiving your Facial Hair Giftbasket momentarily! It consists of the Mall Cop Mustache, Emperor's Beard and Brow, Big White Beard, Jack's Beard, Lawn Gnome's Beard, Octobeard, Beard of Bees, and the Wild West Villain's Stache.

The 007 Groovy Baby Prize
This award (chosen by myself and guest judge Aretoo goes to the nicest damn outfit to never grace a Calvin Klein runway. James Bond has always been a man's man, but that's never stopped him from lookin' spiffy at all times. We're talkin' about an avatar that's both manly and well-matched. Aesthetically pleasing, yet still MANtastic.

The winner of this award is DaisukeorDark! Enjoy your 30k and your spiffeh tuxedo.
User Image

The runner up is Invisible Weirdo! Allow me to present you with your Spy Who Shagged Me giftbasket. (consisting of Nicolae's Underwear, Black Scene Glasses, Shades, Alien Raygun, Royale Purple Pimpin' Platforms, Unsightly Body Hair, Dirty Martini, and Buck Teeth.)

User Image

The Tarantino Award
Due to the sheer number of MANtastic contestants, I've decided more prizes are in order. The Tarantino award has been presented to the avatar that's best demonstrating the consequences of bloody, gory, mayhem! This entry brushes its teeth with a chainsaw! He seeks ultra-violent vengeance on people who've wronged him! And that, we salute you, Kusaragi!

User Image

The runner up, who has been gived the Inglourious Fiction Kill Giftbasket, is the demonic Icywind1980!

User Image

The AAARRRRGGGHHH Testosterone Prize

This was voted on by you, the ATG!
With this, you get 10,000g, Edmund's Scar, Scar of the Martyr, Wild West Holster, Liam's Tank, Standard Dumbbells, Old Machete, Celebrity Snare Hulk Rage Emote, Human's Makeshift Helmet, Moonshine, and the Scream Emote Mask.

The winner for week one of voting is Kalstolyn, and the winner for week two is Wakusei! Since they both tied in the polls, I have declared a tie, and they both win this prize! Way to go, guys!

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Contestants

Quote:
Kalstolyn
Ahem. Note the manly features:
User Image
Sideburns, thick brows, sweat, hip waders, lumberjack shirt unbuttoned to reveal chest hair, duct tape, rifle, and small dead creature...
Winner of the ARRGGGHHHHH Testosterone Prize & Runner up for the Super Muscle Handlebar 'Stache prize!

User Image

Confronted by his nemesis, ManlyTae shocks all of the aristocratic guests at the high-end dinner party by throwing off his tuxedo jacket and grabbing the cutlass from a nearby decorative wall display to defend himself. Never breaking eye contact with his challenger, ManlyTae downs the last of his martini before setting the glass down and baiting the man with a witty remark.

Quote:
"X-XStorm_the_AlbatrossX-X
User Image Winner of the Call of the Wild award!

Quote:
invisible-weirdo
User ImageRunner up for the 007 Groovy Baby Prize!

Quote:
icywind1980
User ImageRunner up for the Tarantino Prize!

Quote:
pickle relish
User ImageWinner of the I Am Jack's Raging Bile Duct award!

Quote:
wakusei
User Image
Real men know how to bring home the bacon.
Winner of the ARRRGGGHHHH Testosterone Prize!

Quote:
Alarias
You'll be sure to emasculate all of your pals with this winsome warrior guise. biggrin
User Image Winner of the Super Muscle Handlebar 'Stache Award!

Straight out of an episode of Cops, I present a typical badass in an alarming state of undress.
User Image

Quote:
Miss-dark8607
User Image
Because a real man wakes up in his boxers, a bottle of rum, a cross bow, and has girl on the side with a sandwich waiting for him. Not sure what the tail is doing there but when you wake up like this who really cares? Winner of the Roflcopter Prize!

Quote:
Kusaragi
I got one of you breaking out of Jail.
User ImageWinner of the Tarantino Prize!

Quote:
God-Raped-Me
User Image
Now here's a man! Gambles does drugs AND drinks! Nothing has ever been manlier!

User Image
T'is a pirate! Oh no's! What is truly more manly?! Dude, he's standing on bones! Winner of the Yo Ho Ho-ohhh and a Bottle of Dom Perignon Prize!

Quote:
DaisukeOrDark
User Image
Imma go with a post-apocalyptic Tae.
Winner of the 007 Groovy Baby Prize!
exclaim  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:03 pm
Cool contest! I'm totally in!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm
rofl  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:12 am
Kals is questing again!

Ahem. Note the manly features:
User Image
Sideburns, thick brows, sweat, hip waders, lumberjack shirt unbuttoned to reveal chest hair, duct tape, rifle, and small dead creature...

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:14 pm
He reminds me of Pisces, Kals. xD Love it. Especially the dead animal.

After all, us MANLY men are always out proving our masculinity by using weapons to kill us some warm fuzzy creatures. D< RAWWRR.

I'll add the first entry to the post when I get home. biggrin  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 pm
Kals is questing again!

It's also fairly heavily culturally influenced; Where I grew up, Red Green was actually pretty relevant.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:13 pm
User Image  

Soreph

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:41 pm
As it currently stands, both Storm and Kals are looking like they'll be getting 30k each. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:00 pm
User Image

Ta-da?
I'll probably make another one later, but this will do for now I guess.

invisible-weirdo

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:02 pm
That is one chiseled-looking face. Well done. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 pm
Here's my entry! I hope you like it!

User Image  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

pickle relish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:40 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:57 pm
W00t, more entries. biggrin Good job, guys.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:21 pm
User Image

Real men know how to bring home the bacon.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff