Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Oh LORD, please help... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you ever get frustrated with the unbelievers of this world?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:32 pm
me not want to tear the ignorant people of this world to pieces. Sometimes I can't stand it, just how people can just be so...IGNORANT!! I really don't know why I go into the ED, I honestly really don't know. Maybe it's because GOD wants me to see these people and pray for them, which is what I do. I also end up praying that I keep my sanity(lol). I very very rarely reply to any of the topics. I can't refute their arguements, because I just don't have the right information right on the spot, and people are just ignorant to GOD. Also I'm afraid that they'll just turn around whatever I do write down.
Then it makes me more upset that in the millenium when they'll have all the proof that they have been asking for, there will still be people who turn to Satan. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

the short version of the serenity prayer is always good to say over and over again when people are trying your patience and sanity level

God,
Grant me the Serenity
To Accept the things I cannot change
The Courage to change the things I can
And the Wisdom to know the difference

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

mrgreen  

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:08 am
There are two things you an do here.

A)Begin to learn and gather the knowledge to refute or combat there arguments on a Intelligent level, it's a forum responses can take time they dont have to be instant

B)Recognise that the vast majority of there Arguments are Logically correct and stand up to scrutiny extremely well. Then remember that our God is above Logic or human reasoning.

But never "ever" just dismiss what they say as "of satan"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:27 pm
Four Mile Sprint

I know and would never do that. If everything they said was from Satan then it would probably be alot worse.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Seal of Solomon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:04 pm
I understand completely, sometimes it just absolutely disgusts me when i see how the people of our world have become.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 pm
I'm sure nearly all Christians have realized this. It bothers me a lot, too. Ignorant people love to pull us down, get on our nerves, and try to convince us that God isn't real. We can't lose faith and all we need to do is learn to ignore it and praying for those types of people is always an option.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Seal of Solomon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:11 am
Do worry, when Christ comes back to fulfill the Prophecy of Revelation theyll all see just how ignorant they really are  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 pm
Seal of Solomon
Do worry, when Christ comes back to fulfill the Prophecy of Revelation theyll all see just how ignorant they really are
I must say from the way that came out, it seems you think that God will smite or destroy all the non-believers, however have you ever asked yourself, maybe i am the one who is ignorant. and i say this as a christian so this is an honest question. on a side note if have studied other religions and they say something similar only its directed at Christians. which has always made me wonder what religion is the right one.  

sykoon3223

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:43 pm
It sounds like you need to learn apologetics, which is the a fancy word for defending the faith. I would suggest reading the Case for Christ, it should help you out with not knowing what to say. Also the best way to win people over is through love so practice using the gifts of the spirit and that should help you.
Why do you think he will come back in a millenium? I'm not trying to argue with you about it. I just want to know why you think that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:04 pm
I have attempted at refuting them. I failed, miserably. If something good came out of it, God made it happen.
I may lurk from time to time in the ED, but I refuse to post in there anymore.

Apologetics is something that every Christian should know a little of. There's a verse in 1 Peter (I think) that says that we should always have an answer ready. It might mean about why we believe in what we believe but I can't remember.

From my own experience, I'd say that you feel pretty shaken up about it. I'd suggest what Faithful said and to really get into His word. Let Him teach and guide you and don't give up. The ED, or the internet for that matter, aren't good places to talk to people about God, IMO. Text doesn't communicate emotion and understanding and it's really hard to establish a relationship.

Someone I tried talking to God about told me I was just trying to get into heaven and that I was taking advantage of his vulnerability. So yeah....

WoodSorrelWitch

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:34 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

First of all, this is old. O_O

@Gothic, I said THE Millenium. Not A millenium. If I said A millenium, then that would mean that I knew when the rapture was. But as we all know, no one, but the Lord knows when the rapture will come.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:06 pm
Your not the only one.
For hat day at my school I wore my uncles big yellow top hat that said Smile Jesus loves you on it and I never heard the end of how I must now be a scumbag since I believe in God when most of the people picking on me smell like cigarette smoke and beer.  

finalfantasyfreak1O1

Azume-chan

Friendly Elder

9,400 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:15 am
As angry as I get from those folks I can't help but feel a great sadness. Every slander, every offense against Jesus really feels like a stab in your heart. Its like someone insulting someone you know dear and true... but when its God it hurts a million times worst. That's why I don't lurk there [ED forums] anymore. You can't help but feel sadness for those people as well for their ignorance... what will become of them in the future? will they ever be saved?... Then you think about your own salvation... Are you off better than them salvation wise? You aren't guaranteed salvation just for calling yourself a Christian. You gotta walk the walk. That is why you must be in a constant relationship with Him to know if you're in the right path. But I gotta admit even with those hateful words it just makes my faith towards God even stronger. I only wish I was more bible wise to defend myself towards them.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:21 pm
Four Mile Sprint
There are two things you an do here.

A)Begin to learn and gather the knowledge to refute or combat there arguments on a Intelligent level, it's a forum responses can take time they dont have to be instant

B)Recognise that the vast majority of there Arguments are Logically correct and stand up to scrutiny extremely well. Then remember that our God is above Logic or human reasoning.

If you were to do "A" it would directly contradict "B"
I agree you must argue intelligently. And that means LOGICALLY. Christianity IS the most logical religion out there. NONE of their arguments have any logic to them once they are broken down. Even Jesus said, "Come let us reason together." In order to "reason" there MUST be logic.  

Seraphim6496

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 pm
I try and stay out of that and the GD and LD. They make me so infuriated. Its all disgusting. Its hard to control yourself sometimes. But oacassionally a God/Christian related topic arises and when Im feeling motivated I'll go in one of those and teach about Christ until Im the last one leaving comments since no one can fight back when the truth obviously lies in Christ.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff