Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Boyfriend?? .-. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:34 pm
My church has been putting me on "Discipline" because I have a boyfriend. So now, Im not allowed to sing or pray. I cant kneel down at the Altar... AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!! What I want to know...Is if they are right??  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:45 pm
You need a new church.

The Church God has called us to is one of unconditional love and worship. If they think they should be able to stop a true follower of Christ from worshiping their Heavenly Father, they are sadly mistaken.

Leave the hypocrites before they find other ways to make you stumble.

And in the meantime, make sure this boyfriend isn't causing others that are truly in the faith to stumble. So long his and your behavior isn't influencing others badly, there should be no reason to have to 'discipline' you or him.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:01 pm
Saint Crazy S Requiem
You need a new church.

The Church God has called us to is one of unconditional love and worship. If they think they should be able to stop a true follower of Christ from worshiping their Heavenly Father, they are sadly mistaken.

And in the meantime, make sure this boyfriend isn't causing others that are truly in the faith to stumble. So long his and your behavior isn't influencing others badly, there should be no reason to have to 'discipline' you or him.

I'm going to have to agree with Saint on this one.

If your church is doing that then that isn't love. I'm sure many scriptures in the Bible can prove that what your church is doing isn't quite right.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:15 pm
Yumi421
My church has been putting me on "Discipline" because I have a boyfriend. So now, Im not allowed to sing or pray. I cant kneel down at the Altar... AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!! What I want to know...Is if they are right??

You definitely need a new church. They have gone too far. And just out of curiosity, what sort of church do you go to?  

Seal of Solomon

rosadria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:27 pm
Yumi421

Seriously?! Ok. Deep breath. Continue. I've heard of some pretty messed up things that some churches have done, but this is the first I've heard of this.

They cannot Biblically do that to you. No one can stand between you and your prayers to the Lord. No one has a right to tell you that you can't sing to Him! That's like.. I dunno. My analogies fail me at the moment. I would give your church a chance. Take it to your elders, Biblically. We'd be more than happy to help you prepare a defense for you. Failing that, it might be time to consider moving churches.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:07 am
**A Penticostal church D:*

And I was afraid I was making the right choice in leaving...
but I think i'll take VK Fox's advice. I will talk to the leaders of the church.
But what should I say?? How shouhld I say it??

And reading these replies actualy made me cry T.-
Thank you guys for caring~

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

Varjokani

Beloved Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:48 am
eek That is not right... Poor you.. crying I wanna help, but I don´t know how sad  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:04 am
First, you have to stand by the Bible, and what it says. This is a church matter, so it can be settled Biblically. I will be using the NASB. It's the one I'm most familiar with. Be kind. Be polite. This is your chance to bring them back to God.

Quote:
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God (note - literally "God breathed") and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that them an of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

The scriptures are the words of God. Literally His words. They, and they alone, are what should set up the rules of the church.

Go to this passage.
Colossians 2:20-23
Quote:
If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, "Do not handle, do not touch!" (which all refer to things destined to perish with the using)- in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? These are matters which have, to be sure, the apperance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.

The rules of men have no place in the church. They don't work. They "are of no value" and will not prevent you from doing whatever it is that this rule is designed to prevent you from doing.

Prayer is something personal, between you and the Lord. Remember that men cannot make rules in the church. To prevent you from praying is to stand against the Lord God Himself. See the scriptures.
Quote:
Matthew 6:6
But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will repay you.

Quote:
Ephesians 6:18
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all preseverence and petition for all the saints
God Himself is commanding you to be in constant prayer, and how dare anyone think that they can tell somebody not to do what God says. Especially a church leader! They should know better!
Quote:
James 1:6
But let him ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sead riven and tossed by the wind.

You need to make sure that your relationship with this guy is Godly, though. Try to see if he is Christian. That would help your case. Make this relationship pure, so that you can stand before these elders blameless. Stick to the word. They are clearly out of line here. You cannot step out of line, or your credibility goes out the window ><

Be calm, be careful. Don't yell or anything. Present some of those passages. If you need more, I or someone else here will hunt them down for you. If they refuse to take sound doctrine, you've made the effort. There are churches out there where the Word is teached, and places where people need to hear.  

rosadria

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:35 am
Saint Crazy S Requiem
You need a new church.

There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I totally agree with this.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:10 am
Ok, I literaly printed the webpage out.
I requested an audience with the leaders in the church.
Im going in tomorrow after service.
Thanks for givinge me that push I needed :]
I promise ill post how it goes...
**p.s. my bf is a total christain, he carries his bible everywhere,
but thats why I love him :]

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:21 am
.....I spelled **Christian wrong...................
><

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:38 am
Good luck. I'll pray for you.  

rosadria

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:55 am
:] TY SOOOOO MUCH!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:33 pm
It went HORRIBLE!! They called me names and my mother (one of the leaders) got up and slapped me. Infront of all the other leaders!! I went and cried in the bathroom for the rest of service...  

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

rosadria

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:55 pm
>< What the hell? That's.. Beyond messed up.  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff