Reply Community Lounge
The Art and/or Science of the E-Date Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lovin' online?
  aww, how sweet ^^
  pfft, that's pretty lame. (not for me) ._.
  hey, that's a great idea for a booty-call! ^.^;
  ..."i put on my cloak and wizard's cap..."
View Results

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:18 pm
----{----<@ ~ ---(--C@ ~ ----{----<@ ~ ---(--C@ ~ ----{----<@

WELL it's valentine's day tomorrow and i know many people have love/lust/pastries and potato chips on their minds... and others are just feeling angsty. o.o but as we know, there are a whole bunch of people who have long-distance or online facilitated relationships nowadays and i would think that the idea of the E-Date is becoming more popular.

the E-Date: a phenomenon whereby two people in separate locations engage in romantic 'date' behavior. .... xd

personally, i'm in a long distance relationship and even though we're not on the same soil most times, we stay close and hang out online whenever we can. we've usually just hung out on our specified e-dates, and one year i think we brought dinner to the computer desks and had dinner together ^^

so my question to YOU, the ATG, is:
- what do you think would make up a good e-date?
- if you were on an e-date, what kinds of activities would you want to do together (cyber-sex not included xp )?
- what do you think people who have e-dates do?
- what do you think about the idea of the e-date, yay or nay?
- what are some other ideas you can offer to people who want to get romantic electronically?

<3 your ideas for e-romance here<3 :

* do mad libs together on a messenger system
* play online games together
* recite poetry or sing love songs to each other over webcam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:55 pm
Well my fiance and I met each other at an online gaming community. We are waiting for his Visa to be processed and spend many nights on gaia in our house having "dates".

You could try role-playing a dinner date if your SO is on Gaia. If not, you could try watching a veoh movie together and chatting on IM.  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 am
Hm...I'm not too good at the dating thing. Offline my idea of a good time is getting drunk and listening to music. So for a date irl I guess going to a club would be what I'd like to do.

So to translate that into online dating...
Get dressed up (that's part of the fun even if you don't leave the house).
Play some music on your computer.
Communicate with your e-date.
Drunk typing can be a little tricky but, maybe a drunk video call could be fun...

And on the bright side, at least your e-date wont be able to throw up on you sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:55 am
I'm actually a huge fan of finding something to watch and both watching it at the same time. Especially if you're both, in some way, actually talking to each other. Via phone, skype or anything else that you might use to talk to your loved one. Being on web cam with eachother is fun too!

Other than that I really donno. Whenever I sit and chat with people that's usually all I do, just sit and chat.  

God-Raped-Me

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:32 pm
hmm... Ala, i like the getting drunk and listening to music idea xD
and hey, you never know how amorous things can get with a bit of wine in the picture.
i think getting dressed up, although it depends on the couple, is a great way to set the mood for it. with that, if two people decide to role play their date (be it role playing that you're both at a restaurant or out as yourselves, or role playing that you're two romantically linked characters) it'd make an interesting night. there's romance, there's intimacy through interaction and it's definitely not your typical date. the dressing up aspect could make the role playing more exciting too ^^

i like the idea of watching movies with each other too, but there are times when it can be difficult if equipment isn't top notch, unfortunately. but it's possible!

heh, GRM, for some reason as you said "being on webcam with each other" reminded me of steamy webcam action xD
so there's another idea: the videophone/webcam striptease? 4laugh

*to icy, specifically*
nice ^^ that's how mine and i met (and with us, it's more of the case that we're waiting to see how our career options pan out before putting the actual planning process into gear). i love that idea, being able to curl up together infront of two computers and hang out... *swoon* ...someday. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 am
I would be topless for GTR when we were long distance, and he would do things for me on his.... but I couldn't get into the whole webcam dirtyness thing. Could be super hot I'm sure though.  

God-Raped-Me

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:12 am
And that's how e-babies are made. 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am
Oh really, do you want to make some with me Jaft?  

God-Raped-Me

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 am
My E-dates consist of roleplaying or playing some sort of online game together or just generally chatting and acting silly toward one another.

Of course by that final one I'd be going on E-dates everyday. I think once I watched the Fifth Element in Cinemas with my now ex. That's the closest to a actual e-date I've ever really had.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:40 am
Maybe even doing some sort of scavenger hunt via social networking sites would work. For example, write a poem or message and then dissect it and post portions of it in different places - email, profile comments, status updates, etc. Include hints for assembling it in order...maybe you could even put it in a sort of simple code for them to decipher. Make it a game and be there to enjoy it with them. smile

I think the important thing is just doing something you've put some thought into...that's what makes a date special. It's not something you necessarily do every day or with people you aren't dating, like just chatting.
If you can incorporate activities that might interest your SO, all the better. smile  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:44 am
Then that'd generally just be playing games together. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Of course I find it very easy to bond over video games, perhaps because that's what me and most of my family bonded over. Particularly me and my father.

We played so much together that nowadays my cousins are more like siblings I don't see as often. :3 They'd certainly protect me like I was their sister too. lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 am
Games are great to bond over. They're usually fun and nothing too serious or formal. And that's great that you and your cousins are so close ^_^  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 am
It is, it especially helps since I'm the oldest and usually they're seen as the 'protectors' of the younger siblings...and I'm a wimp. sweatdrop

So if any of us needed anything we'd just have to call on our cousins or aunts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 am
Ah I'm right there with ya. Oldest sibling, total wimp, but no cousins, sadly lol  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:05 pm
"In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny...

I tried e-dating once. It went well for a while, and eventually we fell out of contact with each other. I've tried talking to her on gaia, but she never gets back to me. Hell, I didn't officially break up with her, so I guess I haven't been single for three years xp

...and each regret and each good-bye, was a mistake too great to hide"

User Image

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas