Submit

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm
So besides being Valentines day today is the Chinese New Year.
Specifically the Year of the Tiger.

http://www.gotohoroscope.com/yearly-horoscope.html
2010 year is the year of the metal Tiger and 27th year in sixty-year cycle. New Year of the Tiger, 2010, promises to be interesting in all aspects. For example horoscope 2010 represents the year of the white metal Tiger as a period with serious changes in every sphere of life that are coming nearer. Now and there within 2010 year of the Tiger decisive and fresh politicians will come to power. We shall open up our eyes widely to these changes and wonder how we managed to live without all this new, bright and fascinating.

Love will surely reign all the 2010 year. It will be everywhere; you will feel it with all the senses and get satisfaction from your life! It has quite a simple explanation: according to the 2010 Chinese horoscope and Chinese lunar calendar for the 2010 year of the Tiger, the 2010 New Year coincides with the 14th of February - St. Valentine's Day. So, look around and express your feelings - this is the motto of 2010 year!

The astrologists note that 2010 is a year of the white metal Tiger, and the best metal for this animal is considered to be silver. Present your friends with silver items - they will surely bring luck in 2010 year of white Tiger! If according to Chinese horoscope you were born in a year of Sheep, Horse (especially Fire Horse), Dog, Tiger, Ox or Dragon, this 2010 year will not lay you aside! Take your chance! Don't be afraid of starting something new - you will succeed! Those, who were born in a year of Rabbit, Rooster or Monkey, in 2010 year of the Tiger, will have to try harder. This 2010 year will require of these people certain efforts to fulfill all their goals and not to lose what they already have. For the rest of "animals", according to the Chinese horoscope, 2010 year of white Tiger promises to be neutral.

2010 horoscope is quite successful for all the Zodiac signs, yet relatively unstable. At times the financial situation of 2010 year of the Tiger will be tough, but spiritually the 2010 year will be so fruitful and positive, that money troubles will seem just trifles. This 2010 year aim at fulfilling the most cherished plans!

If you need help figuring out your sign check out http://chinavoc.com/zodiac/index.asp
Once you know it then you can go wild reading other comprehensive http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Tiger.htm Chinese Zodiac personality info sites and reading about your animals predictions for the year of the tiger.

Do it at least for the lolz

(also the link to 08 the year of the rat thread.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:44 pm
I'm technically the Year of the Rat, but I've always felt I was more of an Ox. I was born sort of on the cusp of the Chinese New Year that year....

I wonder which one I should look at then~~

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

ScottyShip

Dapper Prophet

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:51 pm
I went to a chinese new year festival in ISU. The food was kinda warm and tasted like leftovers and the acting was amatuerish. They called it martial arts, but it was obviously dance. We paid 10 bucks for that lame.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:51 pm
I feel some fruits basket RP coming on 3nodding  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:34 pm
Look them both up Wakusei, doesn't hurt anyone if you do that. And nice New Years avi.

I'm a fire rabbit and it scares me how accurate that description of me is.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:39 pm
w00t! Tigers ftw! Happy Tiger Year! ^_^  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:37 pm
Shin Nian Quai le!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:47 am
aretoo is an earth rooster Gemini. ^_^  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:07 am
Kaz is a Gentle Sheep Capricorn!!

I had no clue. I always thought I was a Monkey, but since I'm in January, I think i hit the year before that. That's really cool! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:22 am
Kaz Likes Cookies
Shin Nian Quai le!

Is that happy new year in Chinese?

Also that happened to me as well, thought I was a dragon for a while then learned about the different cut off dates. Interestingly the rabbit suits me much better.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 am
That's what it's like with me and the rat/ox thing.

I was born in 1985, which by year only is the Ox, but by actual Chinese New Year date, I'm really a Rat.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:47 am
I be Year of the Tiger! Which is why I would like to get a money tree this year!

Love, I'm not even going to go there. It's been more interesting than it has ever been.

My favourite metal is silver so yea me!

Money... I have $40 left for the entire week, but it should hold me over.

Bring it on year of the Tiger, I'm ready for you!  

God-Raped-Me

Pnytenshi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:31 pm
I'm a Fire tiger! GO TIGERS!!

which is also kinda wierd cause i'm also a Leo... I'm a very hot cat.... Meow... 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:13 pm
So Pny was born in 1986? We're similar ages, then.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:20 pm
Erverain
So Pny was born in 1986? We're similar ages, then.
ninja  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces