Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Good age to have kids? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:36 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

On the radio this morning they were asking people to call in and give their opinions on when they thought was the right age to have a kid. I personally would want to have my first at 19/20. I don't want to be in my 50s and have my kid be in High School telling their friends that I was old. xp

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 pm
Well, I certainly don't want to have kids when I'm 40/50, that's crazy, I don't know why people do that. D:

But when I'm in my 20s, I'll still be really busy with school, most likely, and afterwords I'll want to go out in the world and do some great stuff with whatever career I land in...

So most likely, if I were to have kids, I would be in my late 20s/early 30s.
.-.

Saint Crazy The Follower

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I don't there there is exactly a good age so much as an age range. From about 25-35 I would say is a good age range to start having kids. Get through highschool, go to college, and get settled into a Career. Live your life a little so that when your child comes you will be able to help them in their life experiences.

Being a young parent, even at the age of 19 and 20 it really is hard. you will see who your true friends are in that. Because many people aren't ready to hang out with someone who has a kid.

And if you take care of yourself and are active, 50yrs old is NOT old. It's quite young really. I know many 50 plus people who have really active lives and do a lot. When you're young it seems old but the closer you get to it, the more you realize that it's not old at all.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 pm
I had my baby when I was 19. It was a little earlier than I planned to have kids, but life threw me a surprize! She was unplanned and unexpected, but I am okay with that. She was the best accident I have ever had and one of the biggest blessings in my life! I am almost 22 now and my husband and I are planning to have another.

I'd say that whenever you and your husband/wife feel most ready to have a baby is the best time. I would pray about it and ask Heavenly Father's opinion about when He feels you should have kids.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:20 pm
Physically the best time is in your 20's. If you have kids too younhg or too old then it can cause complications during birth and later on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:59 pm
gothic_black_rose
Physically the best time is in your 20's. If you have kids too younhg or too old then it can cause complications during birth and later on.

I read some where that if you have kids around the age of 19 or 20, and then you breastfeed, your risk of some types of cancer is lowered.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:58 pm
What Jakinoro has to say on this matter....

Little children are sweet and innocent, but I don't really like children. I don't know why, but I never have, So I don't know.. The average unfortunately seems to be 16 and 17 these days. The average for grown ups seems around 25-37. That is just what I have noticed..

..She is done. Keep talking now..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:32 pm
the right is after college and before 40.
it's not really a matter of how old but a matter of how mature. your life has to be in order before you decide to give your life to someone else (except Jesus of course, He will always put your life in order) but yeah, having a kid, you have to be ready to take on their life. you have to be able to take care of them.  

Saronei

10,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:53 am
Saronei
it's not really a matter of how old but a matter of how mature. your life has to be in order before you decide to give your life to someone else (except Jesus of course, He will always put your life in order) but yeah, having a kid, you have to be ready to take on their life. you have to be able to take care of them.

No one is EVER fully "ready" to have a child no matter their age (if it's their first child). No amount of preparing yourself will work. I will grant that the major thing that maturity brings is patience and that is a HUGE necessity for a child.

I gave birth to my daughter when I was 18yrs old and I wouldn't trade this for the world. I never say she is a mistake or an accident I say she is a gift from God.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:32 am
faithful quenga
Saronei

No one is EVER fully "ready" to have a child no matter their age (if it's their first child). No amount of preparing yourself will work. I will grant that the major thing that maturity brings is patience and that is a HUGE necessity for a child.

I gave birth to my daughter when I was 18yrs old and I wouldn't trade this for the world. I never say she is a mistake or an accident I say she is a gift from God.

Praise God for your gift of a child!  

okami-verde

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:58 am
faithful quenga
Saronei

I totally agree! My daughter was unplanned and I was so not ready, which I why I say that it was an accident, but I would never trade my experience being her mother for the world!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:31 am
you don't want to have kids after 40, at least that's what my mom said.  

lil_ sweet kitten_15

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

TheNamesJenny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:31 am
I say that when your about 19/20...So I agree with you :]  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:44 pm
I'd say late 20's

By then most people are more mature and and knowledgeable about the harsh world out there. gonk  

Azume-chan

Friendly Elder

9,400 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:53 pm
It's more about maturity, not age.
If you are still an irresponsible, immature, and lost person at age 25 then you better start getting your life together before you decide to have kids.
If the waters are tough, at least make it a smooth sailin'.

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff