Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Banner ads that burn your eyeballs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oh look! A banner ad!
  Discover my "anime" self? I was lost? And in an anime?
  O_O Is this website selling clones of Mr. Bean? *invests in better adblocking software*
  5-bajillion emoticons just for giving out my social security #? How can I loose?!
View Results

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 pm
Soooo we've all seen them. On the side of the screen while you're equiping your avi there's that little banner ad that sits there desperatley wishing that you'd click on it. Most of the time, these are easy enough to ignore. Or sometimes, they're even fairly interesting, like when they're advertising for a new anime series or video game for example.

However....if you're anything like me, you've encountered banner ads that, when they appear, your instant reaction is, "ARGH!! GTFO THE INTERNET! scream " I dunno if anyone remembers that animated emoticon one that would always shreik, "OHMIGOD! NO WAAAAAAAY!" But the one that plagues me at the moment is the one of the baby with Mr. Bean's face. I don't even know what the ad is for, because whenever I see that creepy Mr. Bean face on that baby I want so badly to look away, but it's so disturbing that I can't stop staring at it. crying
So ATG has this ever happened to you?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:36 pm
"Every scar is a lesson...

I can remember one. From Gaia. I screenshotted it, for some odd reason. right here

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:03 pm
omg i know the Mr. Bean's baby one!!!! It's so creepy! It makes me want to really quickly click away.

The ones I hate are on Facebook. I clicked on one of them at some point and it gave me this Gamevance thing and it kept popping up for ages until I got some heavy duty software to take it off. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:03 pm
Your signature is doing the same thing to me Kyla_Ewens. It's sad, funny, and confusing all at once.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:09 pm
I have ads disabled, so I very rarely see any these days, at least on my home computer.

I have a lot of very dark wishes for whoever designed those ads that make noise.

At work, when I'm on news websites, I'm constantly bombarded with the same ads over and over again. "A single mom's simple trick to whiter teeth!" or "Acai berry magic! Lose belly fat!" or "Obama wants you to go back to school!"

Or, on CBC (and this one amuses me), is an ad called, "Is your husband gay? Take our test to find out if he may be homosexual."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:23 pm
IS your husband gay? rofl Those quizzes are so easy to tinker with it's a shame.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:27 pm
Well, I would hope he's not straight.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:29 pm
Taeryyn
Well, I would hope he's not straight.

Hee hee. Just the whole concept behind that is silly. How can an online quiz tell you anything about oneself. Like that one quiz telling me I'm only 82% straight. rofl  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:07 pm
Some are rather amusing, like the one Rol posted lol
But, in general - uggh. And I'm right there with ya on the noise ones, Tae stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:41 pm
Yeah, the first time I heard one with sound. I jumped! It scared me really badly.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 pm
How about the Evony ads?

I love how because of the ads, there's next to no chance that game has any actual female players.

Hey, speaking of banner ads, I make them for a living! sweatdrop
But they're "polite" which means they don't make noise or do crazy s**t unless you initiate it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:03 pm
xd Just promise me Waku that you won't make any that involve tarantulas scuttling over the ad. Because there was one on Gaia like...5 years ago that did that xd It freaked me out so much that I remember it 5 years later...  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:55 pm
Oo, giant spiders~ Now there's an idea~~~  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm
I think Waku just got an awesomely evil idea.... I'm going to hide from that awesomely evil idea  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:57 pm
I finally figured out why that Mr. Bean baby freaks me out so much. With the patchy hair and weird eyebrows...and the face in general...it looks like this crazy mean lady that comes into where I work. She shows up about once a day. I'm pretty sure she's a crack fiend or something. She's stolen money from our tip cup, and she's always begging other customers for money and cigarettes. stressed We've complained but the district manager says that she doesn't care.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff