Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
whom TO CHOOSE .. this guy. WHAT about GOD( girls only) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sakura_hime8

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:50 pm
well i met this guy in gaia.. we haven't meet yet in real life... he is not a christian either.. but im really into him... his not a crush ... he courted me and told me he really wants to meet me . its like i want to see him too one day or something im confused.. its like i have fallin in love... but its weird right?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Well first I'd like to say that if you two do decide to meet, you should have other people come with you. Even though you have talked to him a lot and he seems nice, you've only seen his avi, not him. It might seem like you have met him and know all about him, but you never can be sure on the internet. Gaia even put out an annoucement a year or two ago about this. Just have another person come along for safety reasons.

Second, if this were me I would respectfully tell the guy no (unless it is just to meet and just to become friends). I already decided a few years ago that if the guy isn't saved, then it's a no. God (through Paul) says in his word that with relationships you should not be unequally yolked. A lot of people say, "Well if I go out with him, then maybe me being a Christian will influence him to be a Christian." But it sadly doesn't work that way. A lot of the time Christians do that and they end up turning away from God or just not being as close as they once were to God.

Third, no it's not weird, it's normal. I think that mostly you should pray to the Lord about this whole thing.

Fourth, summing it up I say, go ahead and set a date, place, and time if you really want to meet. But I'd say to stay away from a romance relationship, and stay friends. Let him know that you can't be with someone who isn't saved but you do want to be friends, talk to him every once and a while about the Lord and Jesus, be a good example of leading a life for Christ, and maybe one day he'll turn to the Lord. Or you can go ahead and start dating or whatever you plan on doing. Either way just make sure that you are always in God's word, praying to him about the relationship, praising, and worshiping him. Also, guys could give you good ideas for this situation too. It's not just a girl problem. ^_^

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

sakura_hime8

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:55 pm
man,,,, i love what you said to me.... u r so wise with your words.... guess i should follow the word of God ... stay away from bad influence.... but i will make as a goal to share the word of GOD to him.... thank you very much ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 pm
I really have to say, that if you are confused than maybe it's the Lord telling you that he is not right for you.
I'm not saying that this person is not right for you, only that if you are getting mixed signals as to your feelings, than it might be a good idea to pray about this and find out the Lords will regarding this person.

My testimony...
I thought I was in love with a man when I was 15. He was 28. My mom would let me date him and my dad (my parents are divorced) found out and was mad! To say the least.
This man wrote me passionate letters and I really thought I loved him. I really didn't! It was new, it was different. I felt special and that was all. Years later, I reread his letters to me. They were stupid letters with big words, like he was trying to impress me.
I was too young and he was too old for me! It was wrong of him to try to date me!
I found a wonderful man, at my high school, just a year later. We are still together. He is the same age as me! You will know, believe me. smile  

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 pm
Paul says we shouldn't date those outside of our faith since they can mislead us. Just look at King Solomon. He married women outside of the Jewish faith after he built the temple he started building altars and temples to his wive's gods as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:42 am
Just as the girls said you should NOT date or marry someone that is not in the faith because he can miss-lead you. Thats what happens alot. I know you like him but if you so meet up take a gun or friends with you. Do NOT EVER go alone. That is a trap. A gamble. Never knowing if that person will hurt you. If you do date him (I hope you don't) don't try and help him into Christ. Because it will be a mess.

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Clarifying on the last part of Dream's post; Do not try to lead him to Christ by dating him, because that will indeed be a mess. Also thanks, but everything that I said I credit God for. I learned all of that through the best Christian History/life management/Bible teacher ever. Oh, and Dr. Phil. >_<

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 pm
Br1ttana

Clarifying on the last part of Dream's post; Do try to lead him to Christ by dating him, because that will indeed be a mess. Also thanks, but everything that I said I credit God for. I learned all of that through the best Christian History/life management/Bible teacher ever. Oh, and Dr. Phil. >_<

Yeah. Sorry if some of you didn't get what I meant. And as do I. I just type what I feel is right or what I know is right and/or God is making my fingers type.

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:38 pm
Listen to me. One: Let him know what you believe. Two: Do NOT let him touch you in a way that is wrong...you know what I mean. If he trys say no. If he doesn't listen tell him again. If he doesn't listen hit him. If he trys to get you to do something you know is wrong like smoking or drinking. Tell him no thank you. If he makes fun of you he is not worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm
well this guy ... he just turned 20 this year.... we are close friends even though we haven't met yet..... its like we are about to have our friendship aniversary this october...lolz im thrilled to share the word of GOD to him... but yet.. he might get diappointed.. you know...maybe his a budhist or something.. cause his chinese..lolz.... but can you give advices, how can i start sharing the word of God to him?......  

sakura_hime8

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

sakura_hime8

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:03 pm
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
Listen to me. One: Let him know what you believe. Two: Do NOT let him touch you in a way that is wrong...you know what I mean. If he trys say no. If he doesn't listen tell him again. If he doesn't listen hit him. If he trys to get you to do something you know is wrong like smoking or drinking. Tell him no thank you. If he makes fun of you he is not worth it.

yeah one time he told me some flirty stuff..... i told him i don't want that because im not that kind of girl... then he stopped and said sorry.... because of that we had a fight... then for a day he did not go to school because i did not forgave him... then he had his cuzin help him out to ask forgiveness form me... then later we became friends again... but its like i feel that i need to share the word of OGD TO HIME... there was a time that he told me that he tried to drink a bear.. he wanted to taste it because it was from china.... then i told him it was wrong... "he siad yeah thats true... i will try not to do i again"..... but im not sure though if those word he said are right... -_-  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:10 pm
spring_princess7
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

yeah one time he told me some flirty stuff..... i told him i don't want that because im not that kind of girl... then he stopped and said sorry.... because of that we had a fight... then for a day he did not go to school because i did not forgave him... then he had his cuzin help him out to ask forgiveness form me... then later we became friends again... but its like i feel that i need to share the word of OGD TO HIME... there was a time that he told me that he tried to drink a bear.. he wanted to taste it because it was from china.... then i told him it was wrong... "he siad yeah thats true... i will try not to do i again"..... but im not sure though if those word he said are right... -_-

Well just tell him what you believe. You will show him that there is something about you. (that something is Jesus) But to show him that you must show him whats wrong. Like say he trys to get you to do something you know for a fact is wrong. You say no thank you. And let it go. If he does something like says something let him know if he doesn't see it. Doing the right thing will show him that there is something new about you.  

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0

sakura_hime8

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:16 pm
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
spring_princess7
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

Well just tell him what you believe. You will show him that there is something about you. (that something is Jesus) But to show him that you must show him whats wrong. Like say he trys to get you to do something you know for a fact is wrong. You say no thank you. And let it go. If he does something like says something let him know if he doesn't see it. Doing the right thing will show him that there is something new about you.

can you help me on how i could start ... how to start sharing the word of God to him?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:24 pm
spring_princess7
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
spring_princess7
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

can you help me on how i could start ... how to start sharing the word of God to him?

When if you tell him what you believe he may ask what you believe. Tell him about Jesus. If he asks. It will take time. He will not say yes right away. So be ready if he says no. If he does and he wants to date you tell him no. When he asks why tell him because it might hurt you. (Drinking, smoking and so on) I don't think you should try to turn him to Christ by words. Let him see Him in you. You may tell him about your believe and what Jesus did but don't try to make him say yes to Jesus. Thats trying to push it down on him. He has to say yes on his own. Its his choice.  

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items