I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Let's celebrate!! :D Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is St. Patrick's Day your favorite Holiday?
  YES!!
  No
  Is in the top 3 favorites
  maybe...I wont tell :-P
View Results

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:33 am
User Image
Welcome and Happy St. Patty's Day!
Let us celebrate the luck of the Irish and good times with friends.
Tell us how you celebrate St. Patty's Day.
Tell us stories, funny, sad, silly, or bad that took place during St. Patty's.
Tell us if you are actually part Irish. mrgreen
Or just talk and have fun on this festive day!!

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:37 am
User Image
Fun facts about St. Patrick's Day!!
 The first St. Patrick’s Day Parades were not in Ireland, but in Boston (1737) and New York (1762).
 Irish immigrants living in New York actually outnumbered Irish living in Dublin, Ireland at one time!
 St. Patrick was born in Scotland, but spent 40 years preaching Christianity in Ireland.
 Legend says that St. Patrick chased all the snakes out of Ireland.
 The three-leaf clover was used by St. Patrick to explain the Holy Trinity to pre-Christian Ireland.
 For St. Patrick’s Day every year, Chicago dyes its river bright green to celebrate.
 Leprechauns are hard-workers although sometimes mischievous! They are the official shoemakers to the fairy kingdom.
 19 U.S. Presidents have claimed Irish heritage.
 Seattle paints a green stripe on roads on St. Patrick’s Day.
 Corned beef is completely an American invention, but very popular with Irish-American immigrants nonetheless!

User Image

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:51 am
St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays for whatever reason.... I don't drink, but for some reason wearing green is just fun!

When I was little, every year my elementary school was visited by Lucky the Leprechaun. All us students had to make a trap to try and catch him. We'd set them all up the day before the 17th, and the next morning we'd all come in to find everything trashed! Lucky would leave a message on the blackboards saying better luck next time, and he'd leave us all little candies and prizes in our traps (all with signs that he'd clearly gotten passed them all).
That was so fun!
In addition, I'd set up my trap at home, and I'd find notes from another leprechaun called Tim!

Long after I stopped believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, I so wanted Lucky and Tim to be real!

I don't know if I'm really Irish by blood, but my grandmother who adopted my dad was Irish! I think there's some on my granddad's side too, but I'm not sure.... Their biological kids are all redheads, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 am
Wow, I wish we had done something like that when I was a kid, we did really celebrate St. Patrick's day, which I don't really understand considering I lived in Canada when I was a kid. We didnt even really celebrate at home, which is odd considering I am part Irish on my mums side, oh well. I too love to wear green, especially bright green!! mrgreen
User Image

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 am
Green bagels! That's what we often get this time of year. ^_^

This is the second year that I've been ask/volunteered to dance at a local manner turned community center for their St. Patrick's day event for little kids. My dancing school had a class in Irish step dancing which I took and so that's the number we've done for the kids. It was just too bad one of the other girls was injured this year because she has been taking lessons in Irish and Scottish dancing for years. She's good.

But I'm not Irish and I'm not a fan of beer...
And I do not have a Celtic harp, or much Celtic music for my harp. I'll have to fix that.

Speaking of music:
Celtic Woman
Oh Danny Boy
Drunken Sailerlyrics for easy learning how to sing this one
river dance anyone?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 am
Green bagels! eek wow, that would be interesting I dont know if I would be ablt to eat that.
I love Celtic Woman, I have three of their CDs and I am just getting into Dropkick Murphy and Flogging Molly. mrgreen
I am not a big fan of beer myself, except for Shiner, haha I told my dad happy St. Patrick's day and he said to stay away from green beer, hehe made me laugh. rofl

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:17 pm
I've gotten my avatar all green for the occasion.

I generally like St. Patrick's Day, and I don't really drink. The parades are fun to watch and green is a awesome color. |3 So it's a good holiday.

It reminds me of the time my family made green eggs and ham for breakfast once. |3 Twas nommy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:00 pm
I'm wearing my green  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:31 pm
my boyfriend is irish!! biggrin He lives in Northern Ireland actually.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 pm
I ate green waffles (food coloring) and I'm wearing my green. My mom's making corned beef and cabbage...which I can smell right now. gonk And it smells soooooo gross. Blarg! I never did like that smell/taste. Looks like it's a veggie burger for me tonight....and perhaps some Baileys? ninja  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:37 pm
Mmm, cabbage~~~

I wouldn't mind eating some potatoes, myself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:57 pm
I celebrate St. Patties day by wearing just enough green to NOT get pinched in public and pinch those in forums NOT wearing green. ^_^  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:20 pm
I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day, and I come from Nova Scotia. (A province in Canada with a very strong Celtic background, for those unaware.)

I'm not really a fan of parades, and I don't drink beer. I have no idea what corned beef is, and I'm not crazy about cooked cabbage. ._.;

I do love Celtic music, and I did Cape Breton step-dancing for awhile.

My own background is mostly Scottish.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:06 pm
My family doesn't do much for St. Patrick's Day except maybe buy some green bagels or Irish soda bread.
Other then that, it's holiday to give people an excuse to drink more.  

Kire Kaysan

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm
I love this holiday! For breakfast I had (offbrand) Lucky Charms. I wore green. But sadly, I did not get to drink. cry
Also, I am a mix of German, Irish, and I don't know what else. lol  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces