Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Mixed Confusions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:01 pm
Okay, i understand the keen parts of Christianity. I grew up a Christian, have read the Bible, and [try to] pray everyday. But one thing i am not completly understanding is the mixed marraige deal. My mom says it's against Christian belief to marry outside your ethnic group; however, she doesn't know where in the Bible it says so. I mean no offense to anyone and i would really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me. Thank you,
~Crimson  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:06 pm
The Bible never says anything about it being a sin to marry interracially. The Bible warns against marrying a non-Christian as 8 times out of 10 they bring you down instead of you bringing them up. but your mom is wrong. The only reason God told the Israelites not to marry outside of Israel is because of what I just sayd. The Caananites would steer them away from God and cause them to worship false gods. Which is what happened. That is advising against marrying a non-Christian. Nothing about interracial anything  

Seraphim6496

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:08 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

I do not know where your mother got that, but that is not true. I'm guessing she got it from a verse that was worded in a way that made it seem like it was saying something other then what it was really saying. You can absolutely marry out of your ethnic group.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I just saw what Renegade wrote, and that probablly is what your mom got confused about. Renengade got it exactly right.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:44 pm
Renegade-Roboto
The Bible never says anything about it being a sin to marry interracially. The Bible warns against marrying a non-Christian as 8 times out of 10 they bring you down instead of you bringing them up. but your mom is wrong. The only reason God told the Israelites not to marry outside of Israel is because of what I just sayd. The Caananites would steer them away from God and cause them to worship false gods. Which is what happened. That is advising against marrying a non-Christian. Nothing about interracial anything

Yup, that's pretty much all there is to say.
Although, Crimson, if you could find the passage your mom was mentioning, it might help us understand where she's coming from.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

We are all children of God regardless of our skin color. your mother is confused it seems. but like renegade said, it's not good to marry a non-christian for often times they will bring you down.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:18 pm
Kyramud
Renegade-Roboto

Yup, that's pretty much all there is to say.
Although, Crimson, if you could find the passage your mom was mentioning, it might help us understand where she's coming from.

She said that her mom could not remember the passage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:58 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
Okay, i understand the keen parts of Christianity. I grew up a Christian, have read the Bible, and [try to] pray everyday. But one thing i am not completly understanding is the mixed marraige deal. My mom says it's against Christian belief to marry outside your ethnic group; however, she doesn't know where in the Bible it says so. I mean no offense to anyone and i would really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me. Thank you,
~Crimson

Mixed marriages were banned for the Jews in the Old Testament. However, we are not under the Law. Christians may marry a person of whatever ethnicity they want. The issue comes out when you want to marry outside of the church, which you should not do.  

rosadria

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:12 pm
VK Fox
CrimsonsDecayingRose
~Crimson

Mixed marriages were banned for the Jews in the Old Testament. However, we are not under the Law. Christians may marry a person of whatever ethnicity they want. The issue comes out when you want to marry outside of the church, which you should not do.

They were banned for the Jews because other ethnicities did not follow God, and God did not want his people being strayed from him by their non-believing spouses. It wasn't really ethnicity as much as it was spirituality.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:18 pm
Maybe she meant Leviticus 19:19?

". . . You shall not let your livestock breed with another kind. You shall not sow your field with mixed seed. Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you."  

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

rosadria

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:19 pm
Br1ttana
VK Fox
CrimsonsDecayingRose
~Crimson

They were banned for the Jews because other ethnicities did not follow God, and God did not want his people being strayed from him by their non-believing spouses. It wasn't really ethnicity as much as it was spirituality.

For sure. Though it seems like the Jews did a good enough job of not following God on their own most of the time. I just wrapped of 2 Samuel and 1 /2 Kings.. Man. Disappointing stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:20 pm
VK Fox
Br1ttana
VK Fox
CrimsonsDecayingRose
~Crimson

For sure. Though it seems like the Jews did a good enough job of not following God on their own most of the time. I just wrapped of 2 Samuel and 1 /2 Kings.. Man. Disappointing stuff.

I know, but it's good encourgement for us, encouragement to not be like that.

Also, when I read how many wives and concubines Solomon had, I freaked out.
1Ki 11:3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart.
How in the world did he manage that???

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

rosadria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:29 pm
Br1ttana
VK Fox
Br1ttana
VK Fox
CrimsonsDecayingRose
~Crimson

1Ki 11:3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart.

I have no idea. No offense to any lady here, but I feel bad for him. I have one lady that I'm with, and that's a full time deal. I love her, but I couldn't possibly imagine two, let alone seven hundred.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Lol, it's ok, no offense taken at all because it's true. >_< Solomon must have had a LOT of mental problems by the time he died. >_<

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:39 pm
VK Fox
Br1ttana
VK Fox
Br1ttana
VK Fox
CrimsonsDecayingRose
~Crimson

I have no idea. No offense to any lady here, but I feel bad for him. I have one lady that I'm with, and that's a full time deal. I love her, but I couldn't possibly imagine two, let alone seven hundred.

There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I think he had it easier because in that time, they all knew about each other and I don't think they could complain about anything so when the woman is just more seen than heard it had to have some sort of benefit.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces