Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Gaia's Christian Network News
A school sent girl to have an abortion! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:12 pm
SEATTLE -- The mother of a Ballard High School student is fuming after the health center on campus helped facilitate her daughter's abortion during school hours.

The mother, whom KOMO News has chosen to identify only as "Jill," says the clinic kept the information "confidential."

When she signed a consent form, Jill figured it meant her 15 year old could go to the Ballard Teen Health Center located inside the high school for an earache, a sports physical, even birth control, but not for help terminating a pregnancy.

"She took a pregnancy test at school at the teen health center," she said. "Nowhere in this paperwork does it mention abortion or facilitating abortion."

Jill says her daughter, a pro-life advocate, was given a pass, put in a taxi and sent off to have an abortion during school hours all without her family knowing.

"We had no idea this was being facilitated on campus," said Jill. "They just told her that if she concealed it from her family, that it would be free of charge and no financial responsibility."

The Seattle School District says it doesn't run the health clinics at high schools. Swedish Medical Center runs the clinic at Ballard High and protects the students' privacy.

T.J. Cosgrove of the King County Health Department, which administers the school-based programs for the health department, says it's always best if parents are involved in their children's health care, but don't always have a say.

"At any age in the state of Washington, an individual can consent to a termination of pregnancy," he said.

But Jill says she not only didn't have a say in her daughter's abortion, but also didn't know about it.

"Makes me feel like my rights were completely stripped away."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:22 pm
I don't see that the school did anything wrong.
If she wanted to have an abortion and she didn't need parental consent, that's her business.

werebot

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:32 pm
werebot
If she wanted to have an abortion and she didn't need parental consent, that's her business.

It was during school hours and they didn't tell her mom. Which breaks a lot of laws.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:42 pm
werebot

that's bull. Schools shouldn't be allowing abortions like this. If it does happen the parent should know about it. The girl is WEAK. Besides that, they are willing killing a defenseless child. This is murder. Which is SUPPOSED to be illegal in the United States.
and if you think abortion is ok, then tell me, what is the difference between an unborn child and ... oh say... YOU? Or your little brother? Or your best friend?  

Seraphim6496

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:34 pm
werebot

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

"her daughter, a pro-life advocate, was given a pass, put in a taxi and sent off to have an abortion during school hours all without her family knowing."

It sounds like she didn't really want an abortion, but they forced her. Notice it doesn't say she took a taxi which the school provided. It says she was "put in" and "sent off". Words say a lot.
-----------------------------------------------------
"They just told her that if she concealed it from her family, that it would be free of charge and no financial responsibility."

She must of told her parents about this, otherwise they wouldn't have known, which means she did not very much approve of it. If she really wanted the abortion, then she would have kept her mouth shut about the whole thing not letting her parents know. But because they probablly forced her to have an abortion, she told her parents, so they could combat this.
-----------------------------------------------------
"When she signed a consent form, Jill figured it meant her 15 year old could go to the Ballard Teen Health Center located inside the high school for an earache, a sports physical, even birth control, but not for help terminating a pregnancy."

They tricked the mom, they did not tell her the real reason her daughter needed consent to go to the center. Also they did this during school hours and once again, did not tell the mom.
-------------------------------------------------------
Abortion is WRONG! You are killing an unborn human who DOES feel that pain. You were once a baby in your mom's stomach. What if your mom got an abortion, or your mom's school forced her to an abortion? Then you wouldn't be here to experience the beautiful world the Lord has created for us or all of the wonderful things the Lord does for us. Do you see how this is completely wrong now?

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:36 pm
Renegade-Roboto
werebot

that's bull. Schools shouldn't be allowing abortions like this. If it does happen the parent should know about it. The girl is WEAK. Besides that, they are willing killing a defenseless child. This is murder. Which is SUPPOSED to be illegal in the United States.
and if you think abortion is ok, then tell me, what is the difference between an unborn child and ... oh say... YOU? Or your little brother? Or your best friend?

Here's one big difference: I was born, and fetuses are terminated before they feel pain or have higher brain functions.

@ Br1ttana: You can't be forced into having an abortion. It was the girl's CHOICE to have an abortion and not tell her mother.
And to be honest, the article itself seems to have a rather conservative viewpoint, making it seem like the girl was a victim, when in fact, it was her CHOICE.
I'm not arguing on the topic of abortion, I'm just saying it sounds like the school didn't do anything wrong (in the legal sense).

werebot

Hikaruhia

Romantic Browser

17,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm
Why are we debating over something that we don't know for sure and that we CAN'T know for sure? I mean, sure, some of the wording in the article is a bit iffy, but we can't know the intentions of the girl or the school unless we talked to the specific girl or the specific board members from the school. It's really kind of a pointless argument here guys.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 pm
I kinda agree with him

/
||
||
||
||

It is kinda pointless if we don't know all of the story from the mouth of the girl its about  

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 pm
werebot
Renegade-Roboto
werebot

Here's one big difference: I was born, and fetuses are terminated before they feel pain or have higher brain functions.

@ Br1ttana: You can't be forced into having an abortion. It was the girl's CHOICE to have an abortion and not tell her mother.
And to be honest, the article itself seems to have a rather conservative viewpoint, making it seem like the girl was a victim, when in fact, it was her CHOICE.
I'm not arguing on the topic of abortion, I'm just saying it sounds like the school didn't do anything wrong (in the legal sense).

Then what about scripture? I'm quoting Thimbalina from another thread here, so the credit goes to her for finding the verses.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.

Isaiah 49:1
Yahweh [God] called me when I was in the womb, before my birth He had pronounced my name.

Galatians 1:15
But when He, Who had chosen and set me apart [even] before I was born and had called me by His grace (His undeserved favor and blessings), saw fit and was pleased...

Psalms 139:13-16
For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

Also people say it's not alive it's just a parasite. Well aren't we all parasites until we move out of our parent's house. Yet if you were to kill a 5 year old or a 15 year old it would still be murder. Murder is murder no matter what words you use to make it sound better.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:31 pm
gothic_black_rose
werebot
Renegade-Roboto
werebot

Then what about scripture? I'm quoting Thimbalina from another thread here, so the credit goes to her for finding the verses.

Yahweh [God] called me when I was in the womb, before my birth He had pronounced my name.

But when He, Who had chosen and set me apart [even] before I was born and had called me by His grace (His undeserved favor and blessings), saw fit and was pleased...

I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

Also people say it's not alive it's just a parasite. Well aren't we all parasites until we move out of our parent's house. Yet if you were to kill a 5 year old or a 15 year old it would still be murder. Murder is murder no matter what words you use to make it sound better.

Again, I'm not arguing religion or ethics here. I'm arguing that the school didn't do anything wrong.
In fact, if they had forced her to NOT have an abortion when she wanted to have one, then they would be breaking the law.

werebot

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 pm
werebot
gothic_black_rose
werebot
Renegade-Roboto
werebot

Again, I'm not arguing religion or ethics here. I'm arguing that the school didn't do anything wrong.
In fact, if they had forced her to NOT have an abortion when she wanted to have one, then they would be breaking the law.

Except they forced her to have one when she didn't and that murdered an innocent child.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 pm
gothic_black_rose
werebot
gothic_black_rose
werebot
Renegade-Roboto
werebot

Except they forced her to have one when she didn't and that murdered an innocent child.

Nowhere in the article does it say she was FORCED to have an abortion!
Give me the link to the article.

werebot

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:58 pm
The school was COMPLETELY at fault here. They do not have the consent to not only bring up the sensitive controversial topic of abortion in the first place, but call a taxi to take to a hospital so she could have one is outrageous! This little girl not only goes out and has underage sex, gets pregnant, but then has her very own school aid in the termination of the child, all without even considering informing the mother D: Its disgusting. They should of called the mom and let the decision be made with the family involvement and then let whatever may happen, happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:01 pm
werebot
gothic_black_rose
werebot
gothic_black_rose
werebot

Nowhere in the article does it say she was FORCED to have an abortion!
Give me the link to the article.

Whoa, ok if the school called a taxi and took her to the clinic to get an abortion that is making her get an abortion. Shes a little scared girl who just wants the problem in her life gone, and doesnt have the two cents to know any better.  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

ElisaBella Angel

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:02 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
The school was COMPLETELY at fault here. They do not have the consent to not only bring up the sensitive controversial topic of abortion in the first place, but call a taxi to take to a hospital so she could have one is outrageous! This little girl not goes out and has underage sex, gets pregnant, and then has her very own school aid in the termination of the child, all without even considering informing the mother D: Its disgusting. They should of called the mom and let the decision be made with the parent involvement and then let whatever may happen, happen.

The parent doesn't always have to be involved and it was her choice to abort, whether some may consider right or wrong. It was her choice... I don't think it was her parents choice at all.  
Gaia's Christian Network News

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff