Submit

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:18 pm
The obvious one being Eminem.

This is all I heard on nbc right now on a show I've never seen before-no idea what it is either-and I was thinking about it.

I don't care about the rap industry much at all. I think it's an alright style, I just don't like the pop-hop that it's become. Where the content is cliche and such, although that's a lot of hit singles.

All I see right now is Seinfeld commenting on what I believe is to be an incident on the marriage ref, if I'm gathering all this correctly, and the wife is unsuportive about her white husband at the age of 37 with poor rapping skills, reasoning it's not a career she'll feel secure with.

I honestly don't blame her though.

Thoughts?

Discuss.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm
There are other white rappers besides Eminem? No way...

Seriously though, it's not a style of music I listen to frequently, and well...I wouldn't be too well versed on most music groups out today...  

Arcanas

Hunter

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:38 am
Karpe Diem are good.
thats 2 white guys.

theres also this swede thats really good who sang with them  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:17 am
Oh xp That show "The Marriage Ref" is a bunch of comedians commenting on various arguments that couples are having. It's not supposed to be in any way serious, and Jerry Seinfeld himself has said that the couple is in no way obligated to follow their advice. xd I find that show quite funny because those sorts of couples' arguments are usually kind of amusing to an outsider's perspective (the arguments in question btw are not like "marrige ending" fights, just petty squabbles). Watching comedians discuss these situations is pretty entertaining.

So having seen that show, probably the argument against the guy rapping had more to do with him being 37 and having poor skills than his skin color.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:02 am
Yeah I realized what it was at the end, as I had originally been under the impression it was some weird sitcom type of show, or similar to the show with an old couple who hate one another, and newlyweds in the throes of love. So I had paid it no mind, but it looks like an alright, more original show.

Haha, yeah just triviality, a wife who wanted the dog, just wanted to know she was right that the dog had to go, but she knew the dog wasn't going to go.

I took that as it's going to die soon anyway, although I don't think she ever revealed it's age. But that was my take on it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it had to do with the rapping skills, as I had already said I agreed with her reasoning as it's a hardly a career to rely on. She would most likely have to be carrying him through those type of investments, and I know that would piss me off.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 am
ICE ICE BABY  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:12 am
Saverio C.
ICE ICE BABY
she said "successful" not burnt out sell outs  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:27 am
I now suddenly have the urge to listen to Hurt Feelings by Flight of the Conchords....

Hmmm....

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 am
Arcanas
Saverio C.
ICE ICE BABY
she said "successful" not burnt out sell outs

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!

Most Rappers are sellouts and everyone from his generation is burnt out. He is a real rapper with a good flow!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm
I didn't even think you were old enough to know who he was Sav...  

Arcanas

Hunter

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:37 pm
The Beasty Boys~
<3  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:29 pm
wakusei
I now suddenly have the urge to listen to Hurt Feelings by Flight of the Conchords....

Hmmm....

Hah, I dont count them as rappers though, they do every style, and their comedians, wonderful musically inclined comedians.

I was going to mention another very young comedian, I think it's Bo Burnham, who I'd count more than Jemaine and Bret, being that when I saw him he only rapped.

DaisukeOrDark
The Beasty Boys~
<3

Ah yeah the beastie boys, they slipped my mind.

Every now and then Jimmy Urine reminds me of them, he.. kinderr raps.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:49 pm
That fat one called Pit boy right? So there's a lot they just don't get as big as the Black ones cause rap is kind of lame like that. We have Asian ones too but they also don't get seen.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:12 pm
User Image

"Every scar is a lesson...

White rappers... I don't even listen to rap, and I can name a few. ICP, Kottonmouth Kings (What can I say, I hung out with a lot of stoners in high school) and The Bloodhound Gang started out as a rap group.

Also, I'm not sure if he's still doing it, but Toby McKeehan (Started off in a christian rock band called DC Talk) did a lot of christian rap as "Toby Mac"

...Every battle a test of what you have learned."

User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff