Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
UM IM CONFUSED (A) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

person count
  +1
View Results

token27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:39 pm
Ok i got on today and all my gold and stuff was gone
wat happend  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think you may have been hacked.

Did you give your password to anyone?

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

token27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:48 pm
no y would i do that  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Check your recent trades. Are there any completed ones with users you don't recognize?

Also, take this opportunity to change your password and email address so that whoever hacked you can't do it again.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:41 am

Agreed; check your trade status. Items can be 'gifted' to other accounts, but gold must be traded unless it was spent and then items gifted- which is more work than most hackers are willing to put forth.

Did you get any PM's from anyone claiming to be a moderator before your items disappeared? Or do any of your real life friends / relatives who know you well play Gaia?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:27 pm
Daypaw

Agreed; check your trade status. Items can be 'gifted' to other accounts, but gold must be traded unless it was spent and then items gifted- which is more work than most hackers are willing to put forth.

Did you get any PM's from anyone claiming to be a moderator before your items disappeared? Or do any of your real life friends / relatives who know you well play Gaia?

but how do i get my stuff back i just hit 200k and now its all gone  

token27

Vengeful Elegance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:28 pm
thatdudeiscoolazhell

but how do i get my stuff back i just hit 200k and now its all gone

http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/report.php?r=1  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:05 pm
i sent report
now wat  

token27

mahi poi no ka oi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:49 pm
thatdudeiscoolazhell
i sent report
now wat
Now you wait and if you filled out the report with all necessary details, you may have a chance at getting your stuff back. In the meantime, just go about gaia as you normally would and if you get your stuff back, well now you have more stuff in addition to your old items that you got back. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:55 pm
wat do you mean by if i get my stuff back?!
you men theres a chance i wont get my stuff back?!  

token27

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:45 pm

There is no guarantee that the moderators will be able to say 'Yes, this was a hacking' and then recover what was taken. It will depend entirely on what their investigation uncovers as to the end result.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:37 am
i asked people if the mods ever help most said no...i guess i have to start all over 10 months of saving gold wasted...damn
good thing my friends give me stuff sumtimes...ill try to get them to help me...this sucks  

token27

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Make sure you change your password.

Make it something more secure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:55 pm
Daypaw

But don't make ur password like a,b,c or 1,2,3 or worse password. Make something only u should know.  

Erriol

mahi poi no ka oi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:09 pm
Erriol
Daypaw

But don't make ur password like a,b,c or 1,2,3 or worse password. Make something only u should know.
That's the definition of more secure. What I usually do is salt an encrypted short phrase with the one time pad encryption method. I grab a simple password such as "apple" and salt it a bit by adding a random number to each returned number. Encrypting apple with a OTP encryption .bat file I have returns
++-++16140+-+-+++-++15833+-+-+++-++15833+-+-+++-++15599+-+-+++-++16141+-+-+
with key 15433. So I salt it by adding a random number on a set algorithm say "1 3 5 7 9" to turn the encrypted message into
++-++116140+-+-+++-++315833+-+-+++-++515833+-+-+++-++715599+-+-+++-++916141+-+-+

Then whenever I need to recover the password, I can encrypt apple with the key 15433 and add the salt as necessary. This is very basic encryption though so don't rely on it for anything really important like work databases or anything.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff