Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
It's amazing how just talking to God makes me feel better. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:54 pm
When I have all these emotions and I feel sad, just driving my car and talking to God makes me feel better. It's not really a prayer, but it's more like just talking. Like...

"Please let this be a good day and please help some of the stupid kids to stop being jerks, I'm sorry I call them jerks but they...yada yada and so on"

After talking to him I feel much better. :3
How do you talk or pray to God? Do you feel better afterwards?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:00 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

Every time I pray/talk to God I always feel better. Sometimes I instantly feel great. I'm always so thankful for what I have and I always have to voice it.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:23 pm
Royal Crayon
How do you talk or pray to God?

Most people close their eyes when they pray, (Which I just recently thought about. Why do people do that?) but whenever I pray to the Lord I pray looking up to him with my eyes open. It makes me feel even closer to him then just bowing my head to the ground with my eyes closed.

Royal Crayon
Do you feel better afterwards?

I love talking to the Lord. Whenever I finish praying I just feel reenergized and rejuvinated. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:19 pm
Br1ttana
Royal Crayon

Most people close their eyes when they pray, (Which I just recently thought about. Why do people do that?) but whenever I pray to the Lord I pray looking up to him with my eyes open. It makes me feel even closer to him then just bowing my head to the ground with my eyes closed.

Maybe it's to block out worldy distractions. I know if my eyes are open while praying/talking to God (during the day) I get distracted by people walking by or flashes of light D:

Royal Crayon

I love talking to the Lord. Whenever I finish praying I just feel reenergized and rejuvinated. ^_^

ElisaBella Angel

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:15 pm
Praying is actually something I really need to work on. But I can tell you, one time when I did, He really came through. I'm in highschool and some people in my PE class REALLY and i mean REALLY get on m nerves. They're arrogant and conceited and everything they say is just slamming someone else. But anyways, I've gotten in trouble for getting angry, losing my temper and punching one of them. I prayed that God would help me control my anger. From then on, never once did I lose it in PE class.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:24 pm
Br1ttana
Royal Crayon

Royal Crayon

Many people I know that pray feel that they are giving respect to God when we bow our head and close our eyes. Like they are humbling themselves to bow down to God. That is very much the way I feel as well. There are times when I feel God's presence so heavily that I feel so unworthy and I just have to get down on the ground with my face to the floor. It can be a crushing feeling yet it's so lifting and amazing. but yea, I think it's respectful and humbling.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 pm
Br1ttana
Royal Crayon

Royal Crayon

We bow our heads as a sign of humility. After all Jesus told us to be humble and submit to him. I don't know why we close our eyes. I guess it's because so people with ADHD, like myself, and short attention spands won't get distracted from our conversation with God.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:12 pm
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
Royal Crayon

Royal Crayon

We bow our heads as a sign of humility. After all Jesus told us to be humble and submit to him. I don't know why we close our eyes. I guess it's because so people with ADHD, like myself, and short attention spands won't get distracted from our conversation with God.

maybe we close our eyes because like Isaiah said "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty". And like it says in Exodus 33:20 "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live" It all ties in with humility.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:15 pm
faithful quenga
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
Royal Crayon

Royal Crayon

maybe we close our eyes because like Isaiah said "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty". And like it says in Exodus 33:20 "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live" It all ties in with humility.

Actuallty the verse from Exodus talks about how Moses wanted to see God but God tols him he couldn't because4 he was so holy that if Moses saw his face he would litterally die. That's why mosus could only see the Shakina Glory of God.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:23 pm
gothic_black_rose
faithful quenga
gothic_black_rose
Br1ttana
Royal Crayon

Royal Crayon

Actually the verse from Exodus talks about how Moses wanted to see God but God told him he couldn't because4 he was so holy that if Moses saw his face he would literally die. That's why mosus could only see the Shakina Glory of God.

That's the point I was trying to make. God is so holy we can not see his face... so that would be a reason why we close our eyes... At least it seems that way to me.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:02 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

That does all make sense. Thank you Faithful and Gothic for you battle to answer my question.....I think.

I know that we can't see the Lord, I very much thank and respect him for the gift that he gave us, and I know that we should come to him humbly. I always try to come to him humbly, because I know that we are just stupid human being that are REALLY REALLY SUPER DUPER lucky to have the Lord love us as much as he does. I also ask in my prayers that he would always help me never to become vain, proud, or haughty, but always stay humble and contrite in spirit, heart, mind, and soul. I never said that I didn't know, or was against any of that. I guess that when I think about looking up to him, I also think sometimes about the verse that says "Keep your eyes to Heaven, for the day is coming"....unless that was just a saying of someone. Please correct me if I'm wrong....which I probably am. redface Also, yes, I realize that is talking about the rapture.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm
Br1ttana

That does all make sense. Thank you Faithful and Gothic for you battle to answer my question.....I think.

I know that we can't see the Lord, I very much thank and respect him for the gift that he gave us, and I know that we should come to him humbly. I always try to come to him humbly, because I know that we are just stupid human being that are REALLY REALLY SUPER DUPER lucky to have the Lord love us as much as he does. I also ask in my prayers that he would always help me never to become vain, proud, or haughty, but always stay humble and contrite in spirit, heart, mind, and soul. I never said that I didn't know, or was against any of that. I guess that when I think about looking up to him, I also think sometimes about the verse that says "Keep your eyes to Heaven, for the day is coming"....unless that was just a saying of someone. Please correct me if I'm wrong....which I probably am. redface Also, yes, I realize that is talking about the rapture.

I wasn't trying to make you sound prideful or anything. I just tried to answer the question the best I could.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 pm

I know, and I'm very thankful to you answering my question. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:51 pm
I keep my eyes open when I pray. It's more like talking to him. Just like "Hey how are you?" and "Im doing fine, but I could use some help..." etc. Just like a chit chat for me.  

Royal Crayon

Fates Oblivion

Seasonal Leaf

12,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:38 pm
I talk with God as if I was talking to someone else. But somtimes I only do it in my mind while other times I actually speak. Yeah it does help when I am feeling down. ^-^  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff