Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
Manga Messiah Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:48 am
So has anyone else read this Manga?

"From the biggest-selling book in the history of the world"
XD

User Image

User Image

User Image

Quote:
MANGA (pronounced "mahn-ga") is the Japanese word for comics. It has become a huge hit with American teens and tweens. Manga has emerged as the most popular comics category and is one of the fastest growing genres in American publishing. Appealing to kids and adults, readers will find this edgy rendition of the Gospel accounts both compelling and highly engaging. This authentic, cutting-edge art style is combined with fast-paced storytelling to deliver biblical truths to an ever-changing culture that is often a challenge to penetrate. This is genuine Japanese manga style, unlike other Christian "manga" books in the marketplace. Features: Gives a unique presentation of the Gospel accounts Includes a map of Galilee, Samaria, and Judea Includes illustrated character profiles of key Bible people Features an illustrated page on the twelve apostles A great way to introduce anyone to the Bible.

Created under the direction of the non-profit organization Next, a group formed by people from the manga industry. Though first published in English, the books are originally written in Japanese. Each book is adapted from the Bible by Hidenori Kumai. Illustrated by manga-ka Kozumi Shinozawa. Manga Messiah was published in 2006 and covered the four gospels of the Bible: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

I think it's an interesting way to get people's attention to the gospel.
I love reading it to the kids.
I used to let the kids my mom used to take care of borrow it and they couldn't stop reading it.
They weren't christian and their parents forbade to ever read a Bible.

I also bought some issues of Manga Bible.
What do you guys think about this version of getting the message across?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 pm
I haven't heard of that one. I'm gonna have to check it out. Althouhg I HAVE seen something called "The Manga Bible" It was weird and hard to follow. People say the regular Bible is confusing... This was worse... But I'll check out that The Maga Messiah. It looks interesting.  

Seraphim6496

Hikaruhia

Romantic Browser

17,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:10 pm
Half the 'Bible Manga' I've read is an insult to manga =/
I think it's a swell idea, but if they make it wrong, then it's not gonna get anyone to read it.
I'll have to look at it to give it a good review.
I love the Bible, xD, but I also love manga.
And combining the two, so far, has not come out right.
Is it true to manga's form, nyah? Being 'backwards'?
I wonder if my library has it.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:21 pm
I'm a little confused when the header. "Is he here to save or destroy?"

God wouldn't destroy. Thos reminds of a comic with Jesus vs Zeus. I never read that comic, though.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Hikaruhia

Romantic Browser

17,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:54 pm
@ Leaf: It's for the drama of it.

It won't draw in new readers if it doesn't have a dramatic cover.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:54 pm
A Lonely Leaf

God wouldn't destroy. Thos reminds of a comic with Jesus vs Zeus. I never read that comic, though.

That's not really true. He has destroyed the earth before, with the FLood and He will destroy the earth again. Jesus came to save, bu those who reject Him shall be destroyed.  

Seraphim6496

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:44 pm
Si_Copathic
A Lonely Leaf

That's not really true. He has destroyed the earth before, with the FLood and He will destroy the earth again. Jesus came to save, bu those who reject Him shall be destroyed.

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Yes, but when he came no one thought "Is he here to destroy us?". Everyone thought by the scriptures that he was just going to save us.When he did came people simply didn't believe he was God or people believed and knew he was going to save them. Yea, there thinking on how he was going to save them was a little off, but that's a different topic.

If I can find this, I might read this. I'm not really comfortable with all the pictures though. :/

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:55 pm
Green_Fuu
I don't know if this thread belongs here.
I didn't see a forum for books so if I missed it I would like it moved there.

XD

User Image

User Image

User Image

Quote:
MANGA (pronounced "mahn-ga") is the Japanese word for comics. It has become a huge hit with American teens and tweens. Manga has emerged as the most popular comics category and is one of the fastest growing genres in American publishing. Appealing to kids and adults, readers will find this edgy rendition of the Gospel accounts both compelling and highly engaging. This authentic, cutting-edge art style is combined with fast-paced storytelling to deliver biblical truths to an ever-changing culture that is often a challenge to penetrate. This is genuine Japanese manga style, unlike other Christian "manga" books in the marketplace. Features: Gives a unique presentation of the Gospel accounts Includes a map of Galilee, Samaria, and Judea Includes illustrated character profiles of key Bible people Features an illustrated page on the twelve apostles A great way to introduce anyone to the Bible.

Created under the direction of the non-profit organization Next, a group formed by people from the manga industry. Though first published in English, the books are originally written in Japanese. Each book is adapted from the Bible by Hidenori Kumai. Illustrated by manga-ka Kozumi Shinozawa. Manga Messiah was published in 2006 and covered the four gospels of the Bible: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

I used to let the kids my mom used to take care of borrow it and they couldn't stop reading it.

Dude my Pastor knows the person who did this AND he even helpped with it....  

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:10 pm
Br1ttana
Crimson Angel Tears
Green_Fuu
I don't know if this thread belongs here.
I didn't see a forum for books so if I missed it I would like it moved there.

XD

User Image

User Image

User Image

Quote:

Small world. ^_^

Clearly..... I didn't know it was known out side of my area....  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 pm
Si_Copathic
A Lonely Leaf

Lol it's clearly and purposely only for suspense and intrigue.
Obviously we know the answer but this is specially for someone who hasn't heard the gospel before, the back cover says

"Do you dare to read his story...
Even if it may change your life forever?"

So obviously it's intended for unbelievers and try to spark their interest, just what any Manga would do XD

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 pm
Crimson Angel Tears
Br1ttana
Crimson Angel Tears

Small world. ^_^

Clearly..... I didn't know it was known out side of my area....

XD wow, rrly?!!!
I found it in one of the light house christian stores along with other issues of mangas based off of the bible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:03 pm
I have both of them and have read them both.
I really like them. I like how at the bottom of the pages, they give Scripture references.  

WoodSorrelWitch

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:10 am
I read the manga bible. I didn't think it was that bad...I actually kinda liked it... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:39 pm
I've seen a "Manga Bible" but it was really just a regular Bible with bonus manga scenes every now and then. It was actually pretty cool. They made Jesus look awesome. xD  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Entertainment Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces