Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] [Hymn & Rindou] Walking on Water... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanove

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 am
Walking on Water

Hymn and Rindou
The Siren's Shore

-------------------------

Pressing his hand to the corner of a loose leaf notebook the dust flipped through it casually. For days since he had arrived back from his adventure with Krinn and Allegro he had been residing at the spot he found he could sit and write without much disturbance, and still be by the water. He had written letters, short stories, poems, and everything of the sort. It took him only a few days to fill up the small booklet. Glancing over the stories he sighed and saw no inclination that his spirit or mood was getting any better.

Staring at one page in particular he observed it with great care. It was a documentation of all the dusts he had ever met, and their elements. Looking over a few of the names he stopped and paused at the dusts he hadn't seen in a while. Ziya had been a stranger lately and Cadaver even more so. Nodding his head he flipped the black cover back over the page and stored it away in a sack he had been carrying around.

Looking left and right the Dust leaped off the boardwalk and landed on the water's surface. He was only feet from the shore so it didn't look abnormal to the beach visitors who had been laying or swimming around.

It was late afternoon and with the breeze filled with scents of dinner and drink he smiled. He felt as if Aimes was a safe place, one of the only truly safe areas on the continent. Taking a breath be began walking under the dock and singing. His hands swayed to the rhythm of the song and his eyes remained closed as he relied on his hearing to guide him around the various beams.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 pm
Rindou would like to say that nothing could fool his eyes no matter how tricky it seemed but that would be completely ridiculous to say considering he had a blindfold on and had been wearing it for almost as long as he'd been out of his bottle. What he could actually say was that nothing could fool his ears without having to be really, really good and thus far the Dustling had only been fooled once or twice by natural things. People could sometimes confuse him with their voices (he still couldn't tell female from male) but that was about it, everything else he was slowly learning to adjust to. It wasn't as though he had super hearing or anything, he wasn't naturally blind, but the months of not seeing anything at all pushed him pretty close.

Today had been a trip to the beach day, hurray! Rindou had never been and Jarett was out because he was looking for something or another for one of the museum exhibits (the poor man worked so hard), so now that the pair were around Rindou had taken it upon himself to explore anything and everything around the boardwalk. Jarett had told him that it would be safer if he just stayed there until the man got back, so Rindou complied. For now.

Until he heard someone come down onto the water and not...go into the water? There hadn't been a splash, there hadn't been a grunt like landing. All of those signs and lack of sounds were very weird to the little boy who'd been listening to people going in and out of the waters all day, and the Gravity Dustling lifted himself from where he'd been sitting on the sands up and to the underside of the boardwalk. He wasn't really clinging to the bottom, he was using one of his little talents to keep himself up there, and slowly he crawled over towards the voice that was singing or something.

" . . . . . . "

It was indeed a person! How interesting!

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Kanove

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:17 pm
The shadows of the boardwalk hid nearly anything that crept in it's shadows. Only slits of light that weren't blocked by blocks or human shadows came down and gave shape to the dock's underside. Hymn hadn't seen or heard anyone during his song approach him, until he stopped. It was only when he took a breath that the dust hear the ruffling of one's clothing. With the wind intensified under the dock the dust was able to hear the rolling of trash that had been littered beneath the dock or just the rolling of midday waves.

The yelling voices and happy screams of children were almost evaporated because of the wind, and that didn't bother Hymn. Pulling from his pocket the book he had been looking at earlier he took a seat by the water's edge and began writing with a pen that had been stored with it. It was simply a manuscript about his day, and what he had planned to do with it.

Just a note to remind him, in case he ended up in a situation like Krinn did. He did not want to have to face the fear of having to pull together shattered memories. With a breath the dust swayed slowly to a song in his head and jotted down a few notes.

When the noise of ruffling clothes entered his ears again he turned and faced the floating dust only a few feet away. Well, he knew it had to be a dust- it was floating above the ground. Nodding to himself he folded the page by where he had been working and scurried to his feet, stepping back a few steps on to the water.

"And you are?"he asked, suspiciously.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm
"I'M WATCHING YOU. YOU WERE WALKING ON THE WATER, SO WHO ARE YOU?"

Rindou was mostly upside down on the bottom of the boardwalk, meaning that his stomach were against the boards, but the moment he started to speak he pushed himself up so he was standing upside down. It was easy enough for him to do so, he just had to make a point of focus on the bottoms of his feet and give the boards their own system of gravity. This came from lots and lots of practice on the ceilings at home and on the walls at the museum, so it wasn't as though he was new to this.

The Dustling was looking down as though he could actually see the other figure, see what he was doing. Instead he was listening carefully, waiting for an answer.

"HOW DID YOU WALK ON THE WATER?"

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Kanove

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:21 pm
The voice was not necessary. Nor was the brashness of the other's statements. However, with a breath Hymn dismissed them and carefully eyed the floating figure. A dust for sure. In the middle of a breath to reply he was met with another demanding statement and he grunted. "It's called practice, I use my magic to do it." he informed the other, hoping he would come down from the position that he was in.

Hymn much preferred to talk to people on eye level, no on a highly uneven playing field. Putting the notebook back into his pack the siren slung it over his shoulder and began moving across the water again, silently. "See, it's not that hard." he smiled and wondered if the other had heard him move in the first place.

Many people didn't hear the teen, he was quiet and often didn't say much. However, with all his encounters lately that seemed to be changing. As the smile vanished from his face he stood in content with where he was at, waiting for the other to get the hint that Hymn was wanting him to come to the ground.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:40 pm
"WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH A BAD ATTITUDE? YOU SOUND SO MEAN, YET ALL I WANTED TO KNOW WAS WHAT YOU'RE DOING. THERE'S NO REASON TO GET UPSET AT ME."

Because of how curt the other had sounded, because how smug he'd sounded, Rindou certainly was not going to be joining him any time soon on the ground or on the water. The Dustling may have been somewhat naive and a little more than trusting with most people but he was learning to take it all better in stride. Anyone that sounded angry or mean should be avoided because they likely were just that and despite the feelings of kinship that Rindou was getting from this unhappy voice. . . he also got a sense of anger and unease.

"ALSO, SAYING 'SEE' TO SOMEONE WHO CAN'T SEE IS A LITTLE REDUNDANT. I CAN HEAR YOU, AND I KNOW WHAT PRACTICE IS."

It wasn't like Rindou to be snappy back, to actually talk like the growing child he was instead of the youthful wisp he wanted to stay. He had to admit eventually that he was getting taller, getting stronger, getting smarter. It wouldn't be too much longer before he might change entirely.

The dust did get closer to the other dust however, his steps on the underside of the boardwalk pulling him in. He paused when he was directly above his counterpart, waiting to hear what came next.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Kanove

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:47 pm
"A bad attitude?" Hymn asked skeptically, "All I did was answer your questions, the only thing that irritates me is the fact that you aren't eye level with me."Hymn kept his position and his eyes set on the other. He wasn't acting rude, he wasn't even being brash, he was just being who he had always been and if the dust found a problem with that than there was really nothing he could do.

"Also, I apologize for saying 'See' but I can't see your face, only your figure, because of the light."
he noted, making a mental note not to mention the word around the other. The dust took a seat on the water's surface and adjusted himself so he was in a comfortable position. Pushing his hand under the water's surface he scooped out a cup of water in his hands and watched it with interest. It shimmered in the slits of sunlight that hit it from above and Hymn could only marvel at the effect.

"My name is Hymn, by the way."
he introduced himself, taking no special care of formalities, "I am the Siren Dust."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:27 pm
There was the sound of someone 'tsking' slightly as Rindou let himself go from the underside of the boardwalk, his body tumbling for a moment or two before he easily righted himself right above the water's surface. The water did displace itself enough to cause slight ripples along the surface, the source echoing from beneath the boy's feet. He wasn't sitting on the water like Hymn was nor was he standing on it, instead hovering mere centimeters above it. He could feel the water lap at the bottoms of his feet, it tickled a little bit.

"RINDOU. GRAVITY."

Now that Rindou was down and in front of Hymn there was no way the other Dust couldn't see everything about him. He couldn't see Hymn though but it didn't matter, Rindou was more interested in listening to him.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Kanove

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:34 pm
When Rindou lowered himself the dust rose respectfully to his feet and offered him a bow. Even though the dust might not have seen it with his own eyes, it was the courteous thing to do. "It is a pleasure to meet, and see you Rindou." he offered the other a smile. Examining the other up and down he looked closely at the other's appearance, it was one of the more unique dusts he had come into contact with in his adventures.

"Where are you from? If I may." he asked, taking a few steps towards the edge of the boardwalk. His feet didn't get wet by moving along the water's surface, but he could feel it move below him. Still under cover by the boardwalk's shadow he glanced approvingly at a pair of flying birds on the horizon."Do you like the sound a bird makes in the afternoon?" he asked, hoping to jar a conversaiton.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:26 pm
"I LOVE THE SOUND OF BIRDS. I HAVEN'T TRIED TO FLY WITH THEM YET TO SEE IF I'D MAKE THE SAME SOUNDS LIKE THEY DO, BUT I LOVE WHAT I CAN HEAR."

Rindou followed the older Dust move forward only because of the feeling beneath his own feet, having lowered down enough that he was directly on the water's surface yet still floating, and though his steps weren't as steady as Hymn's he was moving forward just fine. He did sway a bit though but nothing he couldn't easily correct.

"CAN YOU FLY? IF YOU CAN WALK ON WATER I DON'T THINK YOU CAN FLY. WHAT'S SIREN'S DUST? WHAT'S A SIREN IN GENERAL?"

Rindou's knowledge was pretty limited to whatever he heard on television or whatever Jarett told him. He couldn't read just yet, Jarett hadn't been able to get a hand on Braille books at a low enough level for a beginner.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Kanove

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:43 pm
"All in dear time young one." he laughed a bit to himself, "A Srein is the such creature where this beach got it's name. Aimes resides on Siren's Shore, as I am sure you are at least partially aware. Siren's are creatures from books and in life that sing to enchant and often lure in Sailors. In books they are warranted to lure sailors in by song, only to end up loitering their ships. Most sailors weren't seen again."

Normally the description frightened people away. Instead Rindou seemed content to be there, so he continued,"My ability resides around such power of Illusion and Song. See- I may look like I am walking on water, and I am- but to most I look like I'm swimming around." It was a spell he had worked on for a while that way he could confused human beings who had no direct dust contact. Those who had been in contact with a dust could see him standing on the water without a problem.

Recalling the comment about flying the dust stood there and thought for a moment. "No, I cannot fly- but I have made one of my illusions make it like I was flying once. It's a very nice feeling but very hard to do. Aerodynamics are complicated things."

"So why are you under the docks, of all places?"
he asked since it had been bugging him as to why a young dust was in a place like this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:04 pm
"I WAS BORED. JARETT WANTED ME TO WAIT FOR HIM WHILE HE GATHERED THINGS FOR HIS 'THESIS' OR WHATEVER THAT IS, SO I'M PLAYING UNDER THE DOCKS. I HEARD YOU COME DOWN ONTO THE WATER."

Rindou was getting tired of walking, not that it was hurting his legs or anything else of that sort, mostly it was just because he enjoyed floating. It was good to be up and down, though for the time being Rindou preferred to be up and not making himself heavy like a log...though that actually sounded like a fun idea. Maybe when he got home he'd focus on making himself heavier than anything else he could think of, heavy enough to crater the floor, but then what would Jarett say? Hmmm, much more thinking was needed.

"GRAVITY ISN'T REALLY AN ANIMAL OR ANYTHING. JARETT TELLS ME THAT I'M JUST REALLY INTERESTING AND EXPENSIVE, WHATEVER THAT MEANS."

The talk of illusions was something else that Rindou didn't really understand. Why would someone want to make someone see something else? Blind people couldn't be fooled, but then again blind people didn't really go out to look at fun things.

"I CAN FLY. DO YOU WANT ME TO SHOW YOU?"

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Kanove

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:35 pm
Hymn smiled, he was enjoying the little dusts attitude and how he viewed everything. "Very well," he said,"show me that you can fly." He had seen elemental dusts, time dusts, and everything around the sort. However, he had yet to lay eyes on a dust who could use their magic to make them fly. Hymn could, in a sense do it, but he never really left the ground. It was all too boring for his tastes, so he didn't do it often.

However, the boy beside him was younger and seemed to be enjoying himself, so he would appease him and go along with it for now. "Are there any tricks you can do?" Hymn asked.

He liked to see how far dusts had explored their powers, and hopefully not that they had used them for bad purposes. Pushing hair out of his bangs he sighed and allowed his magic to expand to make him hover just above the water.

'Chair' he thought, and suddenly one appeared behind him. So he took a seat, watching the other with curiosity.

"Is this Jarett your guardian?" he asked, hoping that the boy at least had someone to watch over him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:47 pm
"OKAY THEN, HERE I GO."

Rindou had never actually tried flying - he was lying out of his rear. Most of what he did involved just floating in place or maybe floating while following someone, so moving around . . .well. He was going to give it a shot! With a deep breath the water beneath Rindou's feet shot out heavily and he launched himself into the air. His eyes were closed, not that it really mattered since he was blindfolded, but it helped the Dustling feel a bit easier.

When he reopened his eyes he could feel the air around him and feel a bird next to him, it's surprised cry echoing in his ears. He was really flying! This was amazing! Of course because he was in the air he didn't hear Hymn talk, though he did try to swoop down to listen...and ended up crashing face first into the water. Coughing and spitting he tried to pull himself back up but in his panic he started to grow heavier.

"BURFFFFFF!!!"

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Kanove

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:20 pm
Humming a tune to himself Hymn's eyes followed the boy on the horizon. He seemed to be enjoying his flight and in an effort to keep an eye on him the dust shifted

Pulling from his pocket a watch that ticked gently with every second the siren eyed it carefully and nodded. There wouldn't be many human's on the dock above them at the moment, many where fleshing out their money for some form of lunch.

Eying the gravity dust with interest; Hymn let his eyes follow the other as he shifted and rose higher in the sky. It was obvious the boy was at least slightly enjoying himself. However, as the boy descended, something bad happened.

His attempt to come closer to the siren had rebelled against him and sent him head-first under the water's milky surface. Eyes growing wide Hymn made an attempt to release his spell and go after the other. It took a moment to find him in the foggy water, but after the dust had located him he used what energy he could spare into changing the environment around them.

It would hold for as long as he stayed concentrated, however, if Rindou kept sinking it would mean the end of both of their lives.

"Rindou, it's alright, take a deep breath,"
he hesitantly instructed, touching a weary hand to the others shoulders.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff