Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
victims of deppression Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is deppression serious or not?
  yes
  no
View Results

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:36 pm
I know almost everyone knows what deppression is. but has anyone actually felt it? Here is what i found that someone wrote about it:

"Most everyday my heart feels empty. I feel so sad and lonely. I try my best most everyday, but one way or another, I seem to ruin everything. I've been called emo, b*t*h, b#st*rd, I've had death threats, blackmail, and more. But I don't tell anyone,they probaly won't care anyway. Sometimes I get so sad I start to write, like this,with my hands still shakey.
"I just don't think I deserve any of it anymore. Everything I ever had is not mine, it all belongs to my parents. I wonder what they would do with 'my' stuff after I die. To bad I'll never know.
"The Bible says you must love yourself to love others, but how can i love myself? Also if I keep acting this way I'll end up in Hell.
"'God please help me, 'cause I need you.'"

have any idea how serious deppression is now?

PLEASE COMMENT!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:50 pm
You're not depressed. You still try.
Truly deep depression, you sort of wind down like one of them old-fashioned toy soldiers.
I know, because I was diagnosed as severely depressed and high suicide risk, and was heavily medicated.
You stop trying, you stop caring, you stop feeling.  

Sexy Pudgy Pinkie Pie

Desirable Bachelorette

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

depression is serious business. I've felt it before, and I felt it most of my life. I've been suicidal and hurt myself because I wanted to pain over feeling empty.

as Chaos said before me, the deeper into it you fall the more you just don't care anymore. Nothing matters in life when you are in that kind of pit of despair. And it's not an easy thing to get out of and if it is broken it's not without heavy medication. And getting off that medication can be just as difficult.

When you're saddening and becoming depressed you don't think anyone else feels the way you do and if you try really opening up to someone you'll just get laughed at or they won't care to hear what you have to say. But there are those out there who DO care and DO want to help. It may start with a therapist or someone of that sort and then you realize that it's not so bad and you start to talk to other people and learn many have been there and many are still in that situation.

Though it may feel like it, you're NEVER alone, no matter what you're going through God has been there the whole time carrying you through the hard times and encouraging you to keep going. He loves us and wants to see us succeed in His name and His name alone. Not "I owe my sanity and happiness to so and so" but we owe our all to God because he is the sole reason anyone of us could come out of any type of hurt, habit, or hang-up.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm
The Chaos God Dusk
Truly deep depression, you sort of wind down like one of them old-fashioned toy soldiers.
I know, because I was diagnosed as severely depressed and high suicide risk, and was heavily medicated.

i never siad i was the one deppressed! but its really serious for my friend  

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:24 pm
boo-boo8
The Chaos God Dusk

If it's your friend, tell them how much they mean to you, how your life would never be the same without them. I can speak personally, and when a friend told me that, especially cause they were a true friend, it just slowly started to dissipate. There are also some devotional books that quote the Bible and may help with their situation. If you find one, buy it and give it to them. If money's tight, look in a concordance for something and write a verse out that you think they will enjoy. Do something fun together. Never allow that person to forget how special they are to you. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:14 am
The Chaos God Dusk

As with every psychological malady/disorder, there isn't a cookie cutter definition of 'depression'. There are many degrees of depression, and sometimes people are depressed along with other serious health concerns. You're right in that what she posted wasn't similar to what someone suffering a truly deep depression would write, but from what I can tell, said person is still depressed.

"Feeling depressed is a normal reaction to loss, life's struggles, or an injured self-esteem. But when these feelings become overwhelming and last for long periods of time, they can keep you from leading a normal, active life. That's when it's time to seek medical help."

There are many types of depression, these are just a few:

Major Depression

Chronic Depression (Dysthymia)

Atypical Depression

Postpartum Depression

Bipolar Depression (Manic Depression)

Seasonal Depression (SAD)

Psychotic Depression

So, just because someone's depression doesn't line up with what you were diagnosed for, doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't depressed. Be careful in snap judgements, especially where people's health, mental or otherwise, are concerned. Unless you are a certified Psychiatrist, don't even presume to tell someone whether or not they are depressed or not.

@boo-boo8
If you couldn't already tell, yes, I do think depression is a serious health concern that should be addressed by a professional as soon as possible. My advice would be to talk with this person, encourage them to seek help and guidance, but most importantly, let them know you care! Sometimes knowledge that someone out there cares about you is enough to get started on the right track. If they know Jesus, encourage them to look through their bibles. There are hundreds of places throughout the bible where God explicitly tells us just how much he cares for us. He's always there, even if we can't feel him.  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:59 am
The Chaos God Dusk
You're not depressed.

From a person who has been diagnosed with depression, in my opinion, avoid telling people that they are not depressed. It has been my experience that that hurts people more than helps them.

@boo-boo8
Yes, I think depression is a serious health concern. Mine got so bad that I needed to see a counselor. It helped. I also turned to some medication for a short period of time. That also helped.
What really helped the most was Jesus. I have a serious dislike and distrust of counselors and I am anti-antidepressants. But I can't deny that they did help me through the worst of it. And I was okay with it because the Lord was with me through it.

If your friend is going through some depression, as others said, let them know you care and let them know how special they are to you! From a person who deals with depression, that alone can be a ray of sunshine that can cut through anything. Most often, they are wondering if they are worth anything to anyone. Let them know how much you love them!

If they know the Lord, remind him or her how much He loves us and how much He takes care of us. If your friend doesn't know the Lord, ask if they'd feel comfortable with you sharing some Scripture with them that tells them how much Jesus loves us.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:33 am
I know how that feels. I remember a time when I cried myself to sleep most nights. I felt like I wasn't worth anything and that my death wouldn't have meant anything to anyone. Maybe your friend should talk to a doctor about it. I did and now I'm better.  

GraciaKaemon

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:53 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
boo-boo8
The Chaos God Dusk

If it's your friend, tell them how much they mean to you, how your life would never be the same without them. I can speak personally, and when a friend told me that, especially cause they were a true friend, it just slowly started to dissipate. There are also some devotional books that quote the Bible and may help with their situation. If you find one, buy it and give it to them. If money's tight, look in a concordance for something and write a verse out that you think they will enjoy. Do something fun together. Never allow that person to forget how special they are to you. smile

what if they were a guy friend and they took it the wrong way?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:57 pm
If they know the Lord, remind him or her how much He loves us and how much He takes care of us. If your friend doesn't know the Lord, ask if they'd feel comfortable with you sharing some Scripture with them that tells them how much Jesus loves us.

what if they're a diffrent religon?  

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:49 pm
boo-boo8
CrimsonsDecayingRose
boo-boo8
The Chaos God Dusk

you could specify that you mean it as a very good friend who's concerned for him  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 pm
boo-boo8

what if they're a diffrent religon?

That's why it's best to ask if it'd be okay with the person before you share :3
Out of curiosity, what religion is he?  

WoodSorrelWitch

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:31 am
boo-boo8
CrimsonsDecayingRose
boo-boo8
The Chaos God Dusk

Tell him that you mean this only as a friend. Or maybe arrange the words carefully.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:22 pm
so many victims of deppression sometimes go through long periods of isolation. can you give any examples osomeone you know (besides yourself) who has done that/  

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers