Reply Community Lounge
Finally! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:13 pm
GRM was FINALLY accepted into college today! I first applied about a year ago and wasn't accepted. Re-applied this week and BAM accepted! I will be going for early childhood education!

Now I'm scared.

I really don't know what to expect. I have heard that a lot of the people who go there still have the high school frame of mind, where they're all about what's "cool" and haven't discovered that no one cares anymore. I'm also not a very social person... so this scares me as there will be more people then the shcools I have gone to. Also, I never really got great grades before and I'm scared shitless that I won't be good enough sad .

Oh and I get lost in buildings super easy! We had a square for a shcool and I got lost there on my first day.

Shouldn't really have to spoonfeed, feel free to talk about anything relevant to this! Oh and any suggestions on what to take with me?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:17 pm
Seems like a lot of my close friends are getting ready to go off to college. I'll tell you one thing: it's something I wasn't able to do, so you have my props for that. When I can afford it, I plan to, but for now, Navytiem! ><

I don't think you'll have much of a problem getting through college, Germ. Finding your way around? That just comes with time. I mean look at me... I found my way around an aircraft carrier, and I suck with directions. So... You can do it.  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:23 pm
Thanks! Still scared about the people thing though!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:08 pm
User ImageAs the dragons battle for dominance...

lol...and Carriers are HUGE!!

You'll be okay GRM I don't even think it matters if you're social in college or not, just focus on getting your stuff done.

We're all caught in the middle.
User Image  

Arcanas

Hunter

Aidensnumberonefan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:12 pm
well congragulations! have fun!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:35 pm
That's what I plan on doing Arc. Although I think it might be hard with having 3 kids as well. I foresee LOTS of long nights!

@Aiden, Thank you and I plan on it!  

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:05 am
Kals is questing again!

In this case, having little kids will actually help you, because you have a relevant frame of reference on which to stick all the information you're going to have to learn about child development, behaviour management, learning through play, et cetera. Because it will be relevant (and a lot of it will, you'll find yourself going "OH! That's why my kid does that!" and "My child is at the ___ stage of development" frequently), it will be much easier for you to remember and to apply.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 am
Kalstolyn
Kals is questing again!

In this case, having little kids will actually help you, because you have a relevant frame of reference on which to stick all the information you're going to have to learn about child development, behaviour management, learning through play, et cetera. Because it will be relevant (and a lot of it will, you'll find yourself going "OH! That's why my kid does that!" and "My child is at the ___ stage of development" frequently), it will be much easier for you to remember and to apply.

Check sig for details!

See, when I read your first sentence, I was thinking you were referring to the other students, not GRM's own kids... XD  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:14 am
so, if someone already made this point i apologize, but to you worrying about "not being good enough" : you got in! if you weren't good enough you wouldn't have been given the opportunity to try in the first place! also getting lost is the only way i think a person will get to know a place, haha. at least, for me sweatdrop
besides, don't think of it as getting lost...think of it as going on an unexpected adventure!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:51 am
@ Kals: You know, I didn't even think of that. Now I wonder if they will want me to bring my kids in for some reason! eek

@Spiff: You're right about not being good enough, I must be at least ok enough! XD Also I like you're way of looking at getting lost!  

God-Raped-Me

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:25 pm
Getting "lost" is sometimes the first step to a memorable experience.

My mom and I have a game called "Left or Right" out in the countryside where those windy roads lead to nowhere and everywhere interesting, you would ask Left or Right at an intersection. Seeing some of the places I have playing that game I don't mind being lost sometimes. ^_^

There was even a little coffee shop set up on a CLIFF face in tghe middle of nowhere. The view was amazing and the coco-moo was the best I had in months.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:10 pm
We play the right left game too when we go out for a drive around! I won't mind getting lost as long as I'm not late for a class or anything. I tend to get lost while I have next to no time!  

God-Raped-Me

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:15 pm
GRM, you can join me!! I'm starting at college this fall too. smile Def should share experiences. I'm wicked scared about getting lost. Not as much with the buildings, but with room numbers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 am
Sure, we can share our homework dreads too! I heard that you get buckets full!  

God-Raped-Me

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:19 pm
Well done! All he has to do now is take higher education from behind and... learn. >_>  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff