Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
do pets have souls? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do pets have souls?
  yes
  no
View Results

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:17 am
a couple years ago someone from my church told me that pets dont have souls. but i think that they do have souls and a heaven god made for them. what do you think? cause im really confused about this, i need to know the truth. confused do they?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:20 am
i have no way to prove this, but i believe that animals have souls. i've heard that one day the lions will walk among the lambs peacefully, in Heaven (i think somewhere in Psalms, not sure...) So why can't pets have souls, aslo?  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:23 pm
The soul is the spirit and the physical body together. The spirit is what gives life to the physical body. Animals are alive, they have an intelligence level, they can interact with us, so yes they do have a soul or a spirit. I do believe they will go to heaven, because all of them are fulfilling the purpose that they have been given; to please man and for the use of man.

@Crimsons-I believe the verse you are thinking of is in Isaiah. The lion will lay down with the lamb. It's referring to Zion though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:20 pm
Response to Crimson's verse: That verse is talking about the Millennial Kingdom. They do not have souls. And to say that God has them in Heaven to comfort us is basically saying that Jesus isn't going to be comforting enough. When we make it to Heaven, we won't really think about anything having to do with our lives on Earth even our pets and we'll have everything that we could want or need. If your pet is something that when you are in Heaven you feel you need, then you will have your pet, but since Jesus is enough to satisfy us that probably won't come to mind. Also, don't you think the Lord would say something like "This animal will be in Heaven" or something like that? If he tells us everything else, why wouldn't he tell us that?  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:29 pm
Br1ttana
Response to Crimson's verse: That verse is talking about the Millennial Kingdom. They do not have souls. And to say that God has them in Heaven to comfort us is basically saying that Jesus isn't going to be comforting enough. When we make it to Heaven, we won't really think about anything having to do with our lives on Earth even our pets and we'll have everything that we could want or need. If your pet is something that when you are in Heaven you feel you need, then you will have your pet, but since Jesus is enough to satisfy us that probably won't come to mind. Also, don't you think the Lord would say something like "This animal will be in Heaven" or something like that? If he tells us everything else, why wouldn't he tell us that?

I want to know how you know that we will not think of what our life was like on earth when we are in heaven? Our memories aren't going to be erased. I don't agree that we aren't really going to care if we had pets in this earth life when we are granted passage into the eternities. I believe that God will allow the animals into Heaven and allow us to have them as pets just like we do here on earth. There is no where in the Bible that says that animals do not have spirits. They have the breath of life in them, which is their spirit, otherwise they would not be living.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:47 pm
Shadows-shine
Br1ttana

I want to know how you know that we will not think of what our life was like on earth when we are in heaven? Our memories aren't going to be erased. I don't agree that we aren't really going to care if we had pets in this earth life when we are granted passage into the eternities. I believe that God will allow the animals into Heaven and allow us to have them as pets just like we do here on earth. There is no where in the Bible that says that animals do not have spirits. They have the breath of life in them, which is their spirit, otherwise they would not be living.

Spirit and souls are two different things. Animals do have spirits, however they do not have souls. And no our memories won't be erased, but we just won't think about our time here on Earth. What would the point be? We're surrounded by Jesus and his love, why would we want to think about anything else? God created animals to help us here on Earth, when you look at the scientific studies all the health benefits of having a pet are numerous. But in Heaven, where we will have new bodies that can never be hurt or get sick, and we won't really need them to comfort us, what is the point of them? Like I said before, if you do get to Heaven and you say to yourself "I really wish 'Fiedo' was here", then the Lord will most likely give you 'Fiedo'. There will not be much that we can't have when we are in Heaven.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:02 pm
Br1ttana
Shadows-shine
Br1ttana

Spirit and souls are two different things. Animals do have spirits, however they do not have souls. And no our memories won't be erased, but we just won't think about our time here on Earth. What would the point be? We're surrounded by Jesus and his love, why would we want to think about anything else? God created animals to help us here on Earth, when you look at the scientific studies all the health benefits of having a pet are numerous. But in Heaven, where we will have new bodies that can never be hurt or get sick, and we won't really need them to comfort us, what is the point of them? Like I said before, if you do get to Heaven and you say to yourself "I really wish 'Fiedo' was here", then the Lord will most likely give you 'Fiedo'. There will not be much that we can't have when we are in Heaven.

I know spirits and souls are two different things. The spirit and the physical body make the soul. Without the spirit, you cannot have the soul. Your physical body would have no life, it would just be an empty shell.

And I honestly don't have all the answers as to what will go on in Heaven, but I don't think God is going to wipe out the animals and it would be as if they never existed. I personally think they will be in Heaven because they are His creation and He loves them too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 pm
As stated earlier, i agree that animals have spirits and/or souls. I believe they will go on to Heaven.
This may be slightly irrevelant, but if you read the first chapters of the Bible, animals were created to acompany Adam. This was before woman. God saw that Adam was still lonely, and created Eve. It wasn't until after they sinned that the animals were used for clothing and yes, even food.
I believe that God had (and still does) a plan for animals. God knows everything. He could have created only Adam and Eve. But, no--he created man, woman, and animal.  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:24 pm
All I know is animals can't be accountabvle for their actions since they didn't eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So they won't be judged.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:59 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
As stated earlier, i agree that animals have spirits and/or souls. I believe they will go on to Heaven.
This may be slightly irrevelant, but if you read the first chapters of the Bible, animals were created to acompany Adam. This was before woman. God saw that Adam was still lonely, and created Eve. It wasn't until after they sinned that the animals were used for clothing and yes, even food.
I believe that God had (and still does) a plan for animals. God knows everything. He could have created only Adam and Eve. But, no--he created man, woman, and animal.

Hence why I stated that animals are fulfilling their purpose to please man and for his use.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

soras_izombi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:36 pm
Of course they do
So to plants
So do rocks
So does the ocean and the air
And yes, I'm being serious  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm
I absolutely believe that pets have souls. If God created animals just as he created us, why wouldn't they. I also think that they go to our after-life, not some special one for animals. If I can not see my pets again just like the people I cared about, I'm not going.  

ToxicPlay

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 am
soras_izombi
Of course they do
So to plants
So do rocks
So does the ocean and the air
And yes, I'm being serious

i think there's a fine line as to if the said above have actual souls. but i think God will use them to beautify Heaven, or the re-creation of Earth, or something. i get what you're saying, but....i don't know.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:45 pm
if god cares about us wy wouldn't he care about pets? if you dont think pets have souls i want to hear a non-self-centered reason.  

boo-boo8

Romantic Heckler

8,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pitlang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:22 pm
Well of course animals have souls as they have a mind of their own.

Animals can sin as same as humans, but I guess God has some Mercy since they can't read the Bible. sweatdrop

That idea of non-soul animals may actually come from the Bible as writers have put as "dumb animals", but they indeed have minds of their own, so they must have a soul.

Though humans are the main animal, other animals exist and there are theories that Animals form into humans when they die and either go up or down.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff