View Results

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 pm
The new even thingy is Oregon Trail. And I still suck at it.
Of the team (myself, Batman, Aquaman, Hal Jordan, and Cobra Commander), Hal died chasing a moth, while the rest of us starved to death after I ran out of bullets. I find it somewhat amusing that Cobra Commander was the last to go. I was tempted to forge a river at one point, but Aquaman might have drowned, so I decided against it.
On the upside, no one caught dysentery!

So spoonfeed time:
Games that are old
Games that, while old, are still unbeaten by you
That Damn Trail.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:03 am
Ahhhrg that game! I used to play it on an ancient Mac at my mom's school and have never ever beat it.
I failed epically at hunting so starving was guaranteed every time. XP  

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:21 am
I tried the event twice last night when I found out it was working.
The first time, I died in the desert when I ran out of food.
The second time, I almost finished it! Early one Number One fell off the ship chasing a moth and died, and then we ran out of both food and bullets, and the rest of us slowly died off. Eventually, on Three was left, and he was about 30, maybe 50mi at most from the Jellyfishgodwhatsit.
I was displeased.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:42 am
My ship was a the Robot Unicorn, and my First mate Jesus gathered men at port for me to take on my journey, and at the most important part of the journey turned into a werewolf . Karl Marx wasn't the smartest man, he hurt himself and suffered from hysterical pregnancy, he he never broke anything. Lou was a hero, never once did he complain, despite the fact that EVERY ******** DAY HE GOT SICKER. The last member of my crew was a T-rex, who somhow managed to get shoes that fit him, put them on and tie himself up in the shoes with his tiny arms. Later he breathed the wrong air and got sick making me very depressed.

However they all made it to the end of the journey and we delivered our cargo to the jelly fish.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:18 am
Hunting sucks on a touch pad. Horrid. Maybe I'll try later with my digital mouse. So far I keep dying in the desert.

At least Oregon Trail I could beat.

My theory here? Hunt early on and stockpile food. Maybe that will get me to the end.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:01 am
I beat this ******** once, but now every time I get close I get bombarded with food loss and people die. Such ******** bullshit man, You want to prioritize ammo over food so you can hunt and hunt right before taking short cuts. Build your luck early at the tree and the sphinx, and hope for the best.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:24 pm
LAWL! Just an FYI here Erve: You ford a river. Blacksmiths forge horseshoes and swords and nails and things.

I have always sucked at Oregon Trail; probably due to the fact that I only ever had access to it on the Apple E computers in the lab at elementary school, there were only about three copies of the disk, and other kids almost always got there before I did. Also, the game was only available at my school when I was in grade one, two, and maybe three.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:23 pm
I chose Carl, the elk with the anger management issues. He's been my favourite NPC (other than Devin <3) ever since his shop popped up. x3

He seems to want to hurt me, and my crew seems unhelpful.
Bucky, Caribou Joe, Moose, and Slutsy McDoeface. We're on the ship that holds the most food, since Carl started eating it before we left.

I think I'm doomed. ^^ I love this event.

Edit: We made it about 600 miles or so before we all starved. Good times, good times.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:40 pm
The animals are next for me. I got three down and I get how to survive. If you guys want to know just tell me. I got it two in a row and is superman didn't chase of moth off the ledge it would have two runs with all my crew.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 pm
I remember the original Oregon Trail back when I was in sixth grade. Good times, though I was never any good at it. xd

Its one of those ancient games I wouldn't mind playing again, like Pharaoh. 3nodding  

Mr Jes

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:10 pm
Mr Jes
I remember the original Oregon Trail back when I was in sixth grade. Good times, though I was never any good at it. xd

Its one of those ancient games I wouldn't mind playing again, like Pharaoh. 3nodding
EDIT: I learned a valuable lesson. Don't kill deer with the deer in your party you will die.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:26 pm
"For some reason, Carl doesn't seem very happy with you."

I got this after shooting 3 elk.

After trying about 5 or 6 times with Carl, and not getting further than 600 miles, I tried it with Louie and made it about 2500 miles. My crew was dead after about mile 700, which was actually a huge blessing.

Edit edit: Well, I finished it with Sam, but it was still more amusing with Carl.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 pm
I found it refreshing and silly. I ended up setting off with Cloud, Tiffa, Tidus, and Cid. Cid ended up chasing a moth off the ship and dying, Tidus played hoop and stick and found that he could hover in air for a few seconds and got us some much needed food. We ended up killing our guide at the end of the desert and made it all the way past the volcano mountains... but I choose to stick to the ocean because I was out of ammo and low on food. I was sad that I kept finding shipwrecks that had TOILET paper in them... crying

I tried with Carl as well, and actually getting him to kill a couple of your crew at the beginning is a blessing in disguise. You don't spend as much food with less people on board.

Edit: Now that I think about it... Has anyone actually encountered what the Magical DOG boot does? He's always busy when I get to him. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:55 pm
Oh. I did say forge, didn't I? Whoops.
Also, starvation sucks. I tried gunning it from the beginning with Sam in the Kestral, and I managed to get to the volcano before everyone starved to death. I used my last two bullets on a penguin before I went in.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 pm
I'm actually getting used to the shooting gallery. I've gotten two perfect rounds and most of the time I kill whatever I go for... EXCEPT those stinking rocket penguins.

I don't think you can even KILL the rock puppies... unless they were glitching for me...  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff