Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Shocking... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:25 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

you know what I find shocking and sad? When a not even 3yr old child knows how to say "I hate you" and knows to use it when they are angry. What kind of things must that child hear to know what the means and know that it's hurtful?

It's shocking to see how so many children, at such young ages, have no respect for others or themselves...

Discussion:
what are you thoughts on that sort of thing?
Do you notice at all the behaviors of the younger generations?

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:42 pm
..User Image

I have a feeling it's not all their fault, they probably learned it from someone. But that's still a bit harsh, and there is a chance that that child doesn't know it's very very harsh to say they "hate" someone. Someone should discuss it with the child, so that they can grow up knowing that it's not a good thing to say.User Image

User Image

Ace Unknown

6,650 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:45 pm
Ace Unknown
..User Image

I have a feeling it's not all their fault, they probably learned it from someone. But that's still a bit harsh, and there is a chance that that child doesn't know it's very very harsh to say they "hate" someone. Someone should discuss it with the child, so that they can grow up knowing that it's not a good thing to say.User Image

User Image

I'm completely aware that it wasn't that child's fault. I feel sad for him that he hears those sort of things from the people in his life. The mother of the child posted it on FB that he was screaming at her telling her he was mad at her and that he hated her. It was something she thought was funny or that it didn't need to be addressed that it was wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 pm
faithful quenga
Ace Unknown
..User Image

User Image

I'm completely aware that it wasn't that child's fault. I feel sad for him that he hears those sort of things from the people in his life. The mother of the child posted it on FB that he was screaming at her telling her he was mad at her and that he hated her. It was something she thought was funny or that it didn't need to be addressed that it was wrong.

..User Image

That is certainly not funny (to me), I hope he's mad for a "good" reason, not just because she didn't buy some toy for him. I just wonder how they learn this stuff... My dad always said I learned bad stuff from tv. (;User Image

User Image

Ace Unknown

6,650 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:38 am
Ace Unknown
faithful quenga
Ace Unknown
..User Image

User Image

..User Image

That is certainly not funny (to me), I hope he's mad for a "good" reason, not just because she didn't buy some toy for him. I just wonder how they learn this stuff... My dad always said I learned bad stuff from tv. (;User Image

User Image

It's in no way funny that he can say those things. But after thinking about it some last night I realized he doesn't not live in a Godly home (in either house he lives in). He was angry because he didn't get a batman toy. He kept calling his mom and when she would come close he would scream I hate you.

It very much is the things kids hear from their family and from TV that makes them say bad things. My daughter knows what bad words are, but she also knows that they aren't allowed to be said and if anyone does say something bad she lets them know that it was wrong lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 am
It makes me upset.
Children mostly copy their parents or caretaker.

The other day I saw a kid at Wal-Mart and he was dropping the F-Bomb because his mom wouldn't buy him what he wanted.
I told him to watch his mouth.

I hate that kind of language. Especially from a child. '>.>

If I ever used language like that when I was a kid I would either get spanked or grounded, I think that's where a lot of parents go wrong, they don't punish their kids when they need it.
Thus the child learns that it is "ok" because their parents don't care, or they aren't being consistent with punishment or they let the child walk all over them.

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 pm
Testicular Diabetes
It makes me upset.
Children mostly copy their parents or caretaker.

The other day I saw a kid at Wal-Mart and he was dropping the F-Bomb because his mom wouldn't buy him what he wanted.
I told him to watch his mouth.

I hate that kind of language. Especially from a child. '>.>

If I ever used language like that when I was a kid I would either get spanked or grounded, I think that's where a lot of parents go wrong, they don't punish their kids when they need it.
Thus the child learns that it is "ok" because their parents don't care, or they aren't being consistent with punishment or they let the child walk all over them.

Amen to that. Parents now are pathetic. Political correctness has sayd that spanking or punishing the child is always abusive and traumatic. Its annoying how you can't punish anymore. nothing to make them feel bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:03 pm
Spanking is not against the law.
It is only counted as abuse if you leave marks, bruises or break the skin.
There is a fine line between abuse and punishment.

Where I live a lot of parents spank their kids.

I'm only seventeen and whenever i have kids I'll do the same. It's effective and well my kids will not be spoiled brats.

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:49 pm
never sayd it was against the law. Sayd it was politically incorrect. Besides, discipline in genreal might as weel be illegal. When whenever you punish a child, say at schools, the parents sue and the ACLU gets involved...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:03 pm
I think that you shouldn't spank for every little thing, I think that you should try other ways of discipline like grounding or lectures. Spanking is the last resort.
I don't believe in leaving any type of mark or bruise I think a quick swat gets the job done.

I don't see how it is politically incorrect, But I don't want anyone else spanking my child only me and my future hubby are allowed.
I don't think that it's right for other adults to punish another persons child, it isn't their business.
You bet your bottom dollar I'll sue if someone other than me or my future hubby hit my child.

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:59 pm
Testicular Diabetes
I think that you shouldn't spank for every little thing, I think that you should try other ways of discipline like grounding or lectures. Spanking is the last resort.
I don't believe in leaving any type of mark or bruise I think a quick swat gets the job done.

I don't see how it is politically incorrect, But I don't want anyone else spanking my child only me and my future hubby are allowed.
I don't think that it's right for other adults to punish another persons child, it isn't their business.
You bet your bottom dollar I'll sue if someone other than me or my future hubby hit my child.

Here in California, people are quick to call CPS or the cops on a person who spanks there child. Because they've even tried to outlaw spanking all together. It's politically incorrect because it "hurts the child" and many thing it's abusive. I was raised being spanked and I agree that it gets the job done. In many cases of schools/day cares today even a bit of tickling can be considered abusive. Many people believe their child can do no wrong so for anyone to even talk sternly to another child you could be thrown into a lawsuit for the emotional distress of their child.

I don't believe people should spank other people's children but I'm all for a care provider/teacher to put a child in check when they have done wrong. (without making them feel like dirt)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:03 pm
That is something that I have noticed more and more so during the years.It is not just these kids who do it.They are thrown into it by the industries of fashion and so forth by what is dictated as 'cool' by modern society.The youngest are easiest to manipulate and this becomes apparent when such a case appears.What I have observed is that a single person can ruin everything from the smallest things.It truly is sad because it can be the parent's fault,the tv's fault,the kids at school's fault,but there are so many more.There are so many variables here that it is nearly impossible to have a kid who sees through such idiocy unless they are victim of those who are enslaved by it.It is human nature to fit in and that is what is exploited.  

psychocat Inc

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:53 pm
Testicular Diabetes

sorry, I was unclear. I completely agree with you. I meant like in schools, they can't give the kid a failing grade or write in red ink or anything because it "damages their self-esteem" or some other such nonsense. I completely agree with what you sayd there tho.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:43 pm
Death may surround me......

User Image

I am appalled by it, but what is worse is the way I see the parents treat their children. I work at Target and hear some parents saying some really rotten things to their young children.

User Image

But I do not embrace it

black_leather_biker_chick

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:54 pm
I remember when I was in elementary school I had a mean second grade teacher.
She was sooo mean.

We never had recess, and she would pick on me.

I had to put my nose in a circle on the chalk bored while standing on my tip toes.
Or she made me do moutians of extra work.
=/

If my kid has a teacher that made them feel like dirt then I'm calling the school bored and I'm going to give them an earful.

Christian friends

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff