Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
People who REMARRY. :o What about your other woman? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:30 am
I just wonder if your wife dies and you go off and marry another woman. how would it be like to see your old wife in heaven when you have a new one? o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:35 am
There is no marriage in Heaven, and all that will matter is God. It's not entirely correct to even refer to them as wives in the second life.  

rosadria

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:39 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

it would be just like seeing another person in my opinion. I think the only thing that would matter is God. There won't be any form of discord in Heaven.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:27 pm
VK Fox
There is no marriage in Heaven, and all that will matter is God. It's not entirely correct to even refer to them as wives in the second life.

And where at in the Bible does it say that there is no marriage in heaven? And that God is the only thing that matters? That makes God sound egotistical and selfish. Espescially if we receive all these blessings of love, family, children, the bond that a husband and wife has, the bond of mother and child, etc. God is just going to strip all that away when we die and say that all we need to do is focus on is Him?  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

rosadria

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:31 pm
Shadows-shine
VK Fox

And where at in the Bible does it say that there is no marriage in heaven? And that God is the only thing that matters? That makes God sound egotistical and selfish. Espescially if we receive all these blessings of love, family, children, the bond that a husband and wife has, the bond of mother and child, etc. God is just going to strip all that away when we die and say that all we need to do is focus on is Him?

29 But Jesus answered them, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. 31 And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 And when the crowd heard it, they were astonished at his teaching.
Matt 22:29-33 (ESV)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:03 pm
Death may surround me......

User Image

There will be one marriage...and that will be the church to Christ...he has gone to prepare the wedding feast for his bride the church.

User Image

But I do not embrace it

black_leather_biker_chick

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:34 pm
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
VK Fox

29 But Jesus answered them, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. 31 And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living.” 33 And when the crowd heard it, they were astonished at his teaching.

That says in the resurrection no one will be getting married...they will remain single and be like angels in heaven. But what of those who are already married?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:16 pm
Wedding vows says "Until death do you part." So when your spouse dies yes you can remarry.

I wouldn't though, I couldn't bare to do it if my spouse ever died. It would feel like cheating or something and i would feel guilty. I think that God makes a person for everyone, and well I just couldn't go and remarry let alone date another human when my hubby dies. I guess I'm old fashioned or something.

My grandfather on my dad's side remarried. I didn't like it.
I felt as if he was trying to replace my grandmother. We were really close. I mean his new wife is really nice and a lovable person but she just doesn't takes the place of my granny. I respect her and I do love her but I don't count her as a grandmother.

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:58 pm
There are some people that don't believe in that "til death do us part" line in the wedding vows though. And when I married my husband, we never said "til death do us part."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 am
Shadows-shine
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
VK Fox

That says in the resurrection no one will be getting married...they will remain single and be like angels in heaven. But what of those who are already married?

Marriage ends at death. I'll provide a Biblical example.

Quote:
On that day, some Sadducees (who say there is no resurrection) came to Him and questioned Him, saying, "Teacher, Moses said, 'If a man dies, having no children, his brother as next of kin shall marry his wife, and raise up an offspring to his brother.' Now there were seven brothers with us; and the first married and died, and having no offspring left his wife to his brother; so also the second, and the third, down to the seventh. And last of all, the woman died. In the resurrection therefore whose wife of the seven shall she be? For they all had her."
Then Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures, or the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in Heaven." Matthew 22:23-30

At the death of the first brother, she was married to the second and so on and so forth. That was only possible at the death of the previous brother. At the death of one husband, she was released from him.

But, to be a little more specific, we go to Romans 7:2.

"For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband."  

rosadria

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:31 am
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
VK Fox

Marriage ends at death. I'll provide a Biblical example.

Quote:
On that day, some Sadducees (who say there is no resurrection) came to Him and questioned Him, saying, "Teacher, Moses said, 'If a man dies, having no children, his brother as next of kin shall marry his wife, and raise up an offspring to his brother.' Now there were seven brothers with us; and the first married and died, and having no offspring left his wife to his brother; so also the second, and the third, down to the seventh. And last of all, the woman died. In the resurrection therefore whose wife of the seven shall she be? For they all had her."
Then Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures, or the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in Heaven." Matthew 22:23-30

At the death of the first brother, she was married to the second and so on and so forth. That was only possible at the death of the previous brother. At the death of one husband, she was released from him.

But, to be a little more specific, we go to Romans 7:2.

"For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband."

If marriage is just a temporary thing, then there is no point in getting married and forming that bond between man and wife and enjoying the blessings of it, if it's just to be ripped from you at the death of the physical body.

Since marriage is ordained by God, and whatever God does is meant to be forever according to this passage: Ecclesiastes 3:14:

14I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

1 Corinthians 11:11 says that the man is not without the woman nor is the woman without the man. I think that applies beyond the death of the physical body.

And in Romans 7, Paul is talking about the Law of Moses vs. the Law of God.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 pm
Shadows-shine
If marriage is just a temporary thing, then there is no point in getting married and forming that bond between man and wife and enjoying the blessings of it, if it's just to be ripped from you at the death of the physical body.

The greatest point of marriage is to better understand the relationship between Father and Son, Christ and Church. It isn't about the wife or husband, it's about Christ.

Quote:
Since marriage is ordained by God, and whatever God does is meant to be forever according to this passage: Ecclesiastes 3:14:

14I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

By that logic, let's go grab our firstborn lamb and sacrifice it on the currently non existent temple. After all, God established Judaism and the Old Law. Are we then eternally obligated to uphold it?

Quote:
1 Corinthians 11:11 says that the man is not without the woman nor is the woman without the man. I think that applies beyond the death of the physical body.

That verse has nothing with physical body, but focuses on spiritual existence in the Lord, and the family structure that God has ordained.

"However, in the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman."

Quote:
And in Romans 7, Paul is talking about the Law of Moses vs. the Law of God.

And what was the overall idea of chapter seven? That while you are alive, you are bound to something. When you die, you are separated from it.  

rosadria

rosadria

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:11 am
Blah. My bad. I meant to hit quote, ended up deleting. I'm not used to having that button. Luckily, I use two different tabs.

Quote:

I understand the relationship between God the Father and His Son just fine, and it didn't take me getting married to understand it either. Marriage =/= parenthood. Jesus is God's Son, not His spouse. Spousal love is different than parental love. They occur on different levels.

The Lamb has already been sacrificed and has risen again. But there are still parts of the OT that we are still bound by. Jesus has repeated them in the NT.

Family structure that God ordained...that includes marriage. So therefore it applies beyond this mortal life. Jesus taught that if you remarry, you are committing adultery. God also said He hates divorce. Which tells me that marriage isn't supposed to end when the physical body dies. It's supposed to be eternal. Love after is eternal, it's never ending. Why would the love between a man and a woman just die when the mortal body dies?

So if you are released from all the covenants you make in this life when you die, then there is no point in making any covenants with God that pertain to salvation and believing in Jesus then by your logic. Because we are released by being bound by the covenants we make at baptism when we die.

The love itself is eternal, sure. I'll grant that. But the marriage itself is not. See the example from Matthew 22. There was no adultery involved in that extreme example.

Baptism itself is a death. You are bound to your old, sinful nature. You die in baptism, and are buried in Christ.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 am
I know that there isn't marriage in heaven but when my husband passes I will not remarry.
I know it's alright too, but I couldn't do it.
I use that time with my family and focusing even more on Christ.

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items