Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
is it wrong to listen to metal?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Ivory Moon

Feral Phantom

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:54 pm
my parents doesnt want me listening to metal even though i listen to flyleaf, skillet, demon hunter... but i listen to non christian songs too yet they dont have anything to do with satan  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:15 pm
Does it keep your mind away from God?  

JrSuper

The Ivory Moon

Feral Phantom

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 pm
JrSuper
Does it keep your mind away from God?

not really  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:08 pm
How about honour thy mother and father. They don't want you to so don't. =)  

Azkeel

The Ivory Moon

Feral Phantom

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:11 pm
Azkeel

they said its evil and they listen to too much stereotypes about goths are satan's children  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:00 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

If it's glorifying God I don't see a problem with it.

MANY secular metal bands are against God though. that doesn't mean that all are or that all their songs have anything specifically saying something against God.

Your parents just want what's best for you and honoring their wishes is something that you should do while under their roof.

God should be the main focus in our lives and we should not fight over things that are of this world especially with other believers.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Azkeel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:54 pm
xX_Forsaken x Angel_Xx
Azkeel

they said its evil and they listen to too much stereotypes about goths are satan's children
I personally like metal. I can find ways it glorifies God. Just like most music. I don't search for the iniquities in it I search for the light in it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:01 pm
Azkeel
xX_Forsaken x Angel_Xx
Azkeel

I personally like metal. I can find ways it glorifies God. Just like most music. I don't search for the iniquities in it I search for the light in it.
User Image

I agree with you, I mean if we spend our time looking for the bad in everything we would be pretty bored wouldn't you think?
But still she should obey her parents even if it is a tad over-bored.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Ivory Moon

Feral Phantom

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:54 pm
my parents are christian but i keep proving them not all metal is evil... i dont even listen to some metal bands like marilyn manson and ac/dc!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:30 am
I only listen to Christian music but mainly Christian rock. My dad calls it crap but I tell him if praising God is crap then I wouldn't have it any other way. Just tell them if praising God is satanic then they really need to read scripture more.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:54 pm
i love listening to (appropriate) metal music. And i see Nothing wrong with it; there are Christian metal bands out there.
To be honest, however, i do not see Skillet & Flyleaf as 'metal' bands. I view them as rock or alternative bands. Your parents should not see any problem with them. i know for a fact that many Flyleaf&Skillet songs are Christian-based.
Excuse me, but i honestly believe your parents (and mine as well, with others) should get over their high horse belief that anything 'gothic' or 'emo' -or 'scene' or whatever, 'metal' 'rock' whatever- is satanic. It isn't! Sure, there are some bad things out there, but some people are responsible and can make their own decisions and avoid those things.
i am sorry if i offended you; but i am one of those 'gothic' girls and i'm tired of being acused for something i am not.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:13 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
i love listening to (appropriate) metal music. And i see Nothing wrong with it; there are Christian metal bands out there.
To be honest, however, i do not see Skillet & Flyleaf as 'metal' bands. I view them as rock or alternative bands. Your parents should not see any problem with them. i know for a fact that many Flyleaf&Skillet songs are Christian-based.
Excuse me, but i honestly believe your parents (and mine as well, with others) should get over their high horse belief that anything 'gothic' or 'emo' -or 'scene' or whatever, 'metal' 'rock' whatever- is satanic. It isn't! Sure, there are some bad things out there, but some people are responsible and can make their own decisions and avoid those things.
i am sorry if i offended you; but i am one of those 'gothic' girls and i'm tired of being acused for something i am not.
User Image

I agree.
Amen!

It's a Baptist thing, we all say AMEN!!!! when we agree with something. =)

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Ivory Moon

Feral Phantom

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:54 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
i meant they keep telling me im demonic cause i like vampires and metal... do you know demon hunter?? thats metalcore... and no im not offended i agree with you  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:12 pm
xX_Forsaken x Angel_Xx
CrimsonsDecayingRose
i meant they keep telling me im demonic cause i like vampires and metal... do you know demon hunter?? thats metalcore... and no im not offended i agree with you
Vampires... lol  

Azkeel

The Ivory Moon

Feral Phantom

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:35 pm
Azkeel
xX_Forsaken x Angel_Xx
CrimsonsDecayingRose
Vampires... lol

stare  
Entertainment Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas