Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
I Think About Reincarnation A Lot....Is That Bad? D: Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is This Bad? T^T
  No! Don't Worry About It! You're Fine! : )
  It's Not Bad.
  It's Sorta Bad....
  It's Awful! D:<
  I Don't Know....
View Results

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 am
I believe in God, that Jesus died for us on the cross, that he was resurected, and all that. But my belief is a little bit different, although I'm still Christian.

I believe that our Spirit, or Soul, goes to Heaven. But I believe that while one of them goes to heaven(either the soul or spirit, although they can be considered the same thing), the other one is reincarnated into a new body.

But only if you did good in your life. If you, unfortunately, go to Hell, then you do not get reincarnated.

This is my belief. I still consider myself a Christian, but I want to get everyone's opinion. : (

PS: I don't nessisarily 'believe' it, but I sometimes seriously wonder if this is true.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:00 am
I'm sorry, but why do you believe this?

Is it based on what God has told us (through the scriptures) or is it just something you though was a good idea?

Heaven is eternal life, life where God provides us with everything we need and we are made perfect in His love.
Why would we return to being imperfect, needy, sinful creatures on earth again when we have perfection in Heaven?  

Saint Crazy The Follower

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:08 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

How did you come up with that idea? Is there any where in scripture that even suggests something like that?

I would never want to be reincarnated because that would mean I wouldn't be able to fully be in rest with God in his heavenly kingdom. I would be once again a sinful person stuck in a horrible place...

I'm on earth, one time only, for a reason and when that is complete I will be called home to be with God and I wouldn't have it any other way!

I don't think it is "awful" that you have that opinion but I do believe it is wrong. But only by prayer, listening to God's will for your life, and study of the bible will you really be able to know the truth.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:22 am
well, i have always heard that after Jesus comes back to earth, and all of us has already been taken to heaven, when the devil is sealed away again, then we will return to earth or something like that, its been a while. but thats what i know, its not really reincarnation, cause who wants to be on earth again, to live through all that horrible stuff again. eh, thats my thinking.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:46 am
It's not supported by scripture. Therefore, you'll find that many Christians disagree with your personal beliefs. When we become Christians (that is, followers of Christ) we have to take in everything that Christ said and everything that is in the scriptures. This means we have to cast away any personal beliefs that sound good or make us feel better about what comes after death. How can we be followers of Christ if we actually follow our own reasoning?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:22 pm
No, see I didn't explain it properly.
I believe that our hearts, our beliefs, our love, our everything goes to Heaven, where it lives peacefully, in harmony, forever with God. : )

But then our minds find a new body, where we can continue spreading God's love and protection of all living things. heart

I think this thought first came into my mind when our cat Handyman died. He almost reached his 17th birthday, then died from cancer. But then we got a puppy, and she has the same birthday as him. I think Brody, the puppy, is Handyman reincarnated. I don't know how to explain it...But they...feel similar.

It's hard to explain....It's not a belief like, this is definetly what I think happens. But more of a....I dunno.....Feeling....

Whether this is true or not, I do not know. It doesn't matter what happens to your mind when you die. If it finds a new body, it finds a new body. What DOES matter, is that we love and care for one another. That we give to the poor, and help the needy. That we praise Christ our Lord, and thank him for giving us such a wonderful planet. Maybe our bodies are reincarnated. Maybe they aren't. Whatever happens to them, it doesn't matter. Because either way, we should still do God's will. And when we pass, our Spirit and Soul will go to Heaven with Him. <3

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm
Just because we feel something is true, that doesn't necessarily make it true. You have to remember that we have deceitful hearts and our feelings will deceive us. There is no way we can fully preach the gospel if we have personal beliefs that are not supported by scripture. Yes, we can say that we should love everyone and be kind to all, but there's so much more to the bible than just being kind. As Christians, we have to learn how to discern between what sounds good and what actually is.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 pm
If it's not supported by scripture it's not, true and to say you believe in that is like saying "God you're a liar I don't believe in what you said about us going to heaven or hell after we die, I think there's more options" I'm not trying to be mean so please don't take it that way, I think I used to believe in alot of false things, I mean I was catholic so yeah you can just imagine lol I saw this vid some time ago I think it could help you out with that maybe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0B0ruGrNA

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many” (Heb. 9:27–28, KJV).  

starry night-163

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:03 pm
I know. v.v
I know we can be decieved by our feelings, and that I'm probably sounding like an idiot. It's just a thought I wanted to share with everyone, and to ask if this is awful to think. I guess it is, from what everyone is telling me. I don't nessisarily believe in it, but I sometimes wonder about it. I'm sorry, everyone. And I'm sorry Lord, for thinking of this....

EDIT: And from what I should already know.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:31 pm
If your belief were true then the population would decrease instead of increasing as it is.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm
@Gothic_Black:
That's also a very good point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:01 pm
Please do not apologize to us. Guilds are here so that we can help one another in our walks with Christ. We should encourage our brothers and sisters to ask questions so that we may be able to learn more about Jesus Christ and the word of the Lord.

Prayer could really assist you in finding the answers you seek. Pray to God with an honest heart and He will deliver you answers.  

Wishboxx

Azkeel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
I believe in God, that Jesus died for us on the cross, that he was resurected, and all that. But my belief is a little bit different, although I'm still Christian.

I believe that our Spirit, or Soul, goes to Heaven. But I believe that while one of them goes to heaven(either the soul or spirit, although they can be considered the same thing), the other one is reincarnated into a new body.

But only if you did good in your life. If you, unfortunately, go to Hell, then you do not get reincarnated.

This is my belief. I still consider myself a Christian, but I want to get everyone's opinion. : (
Why do you consider yourself a Christian? This is a better question.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff