Submit

Would you join?
  Yeppers
  Ah hell no
  Only if... (and please post)
View Results

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:01 pm
I am aware that there already are herds for harpies and Wind serpents and such, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to join a WoW overall herd? I realize that the interest overall for WoW in general has recently gone down since the event, but with the start of the Cataclysm i just had this idea re-sparked into my head.

Like i said this is just an interest thread, i want to know if anyone would want to join and if anyone has any ideas for it. If you want to just tell me, "Ah hell no!" then thats cool too!

Somethings to consider or discuss:
Should it be evil/good/ or neutral only?
How would the ranking system go?
WoW only soq, or others?
Blurgy blurgy blurg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:32 pm
With 2 wow themed soqs (only one of which i got from the event. the other is a custom of my first in game mount), I'd be in love with this. I'm 100% on board... as I'd really like Fera's future mate to be something wow directly inspired or a 2nd gen of.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:42 pm
Since my only two Soqs are WoW-themed, you have definitely caught my interest, at the least. Not that I count for much. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:45 pm
Definitely, this would be fun! I'd need to read up on Cataclysm though. Don't have the expansion yet. :3  

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:46 pm
Yay people interested!!! Any ideas of how it should be run? I was thinking people could nominate one of their soqs for the leadership (if they wish) position with a short blurp on their personality and then we could do some sort of elections? I thought this would be more fair than just randomly picking  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:25 pm
I adore the idea, unfortunately can't participate. My WoW soq wants to start her own herd eventually and is currently wary.

But if I get another, I'll look this up ^_^ Good luck!  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:32 pm
Lol okay! And if she wants to do any herd rp with this one it is welcome  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:52 pm
Does anybody have any good ideas for a name?  

Renegade Athena

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:46 am
As you know I'll be getting a hybrid WoW pet so if Moam will be in it I'd like this kid of his to be an honorary member when they are a child and fully join as an adult. If that is allowed.

I think descendants or the children of the WoW soquili should be allowed as long as they prove their blood...(mwahaha...like in the mafia ;D ).
But then later on taking on others maybe.

Like most normal communities they have different people, usually with good / bad / neutral personas. The leaders of the community can be good or bad or neutral it's up to you.

LOLs don't play WoW though. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:46 am
Yumitoko II
As you know I'll be getting a hybrid WoW pet so if Moam will be in it I'd like this kid of his to be an honorary member when they are a child and fully join as an adult. If that is allowed.

I think descendants or the children of the WoW soquili should be allowed as long as they prove their blood...(mwahaha...like in the mafia ;D ).
But then later on taking on others maybe.

Like most normal communities they have different people, usually with good / bad / neutral personas. The leaders of the community can be good or bad or neutral it's up to you.

LOLs don't play WoW though. xD

This is totally true! All descendants of WoW soquili will be able to join, I could never turn down a baby from my boyo ;P.

How does this sound: Certain/higher rankings can only be obtained by being a WoW soquili or from the blood of a WoW based soquili and then there will be multiple slots for non-WoW based soquili to fit in. Basically we wont really turn down anyone (except for special cases) and will label them accordingly?

Also as an update I am officially working on some of the Herd details, however, since i have a lack of brilliance in my mindset I am having a hard time figuring out a history for the herd. I will give a 15K PRIZE TO SOMEONE WHO SUBMITS A GOOD HISTORY BLURB. Like a lil contest for ya'll. It will ofcourse be posted and polled in the herd's page  

Renegade Athena

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:17 pm
My mechagnome Usdia would love to be in a herd.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:17 pm
Hyper Falcon

This is totally true! All descendants of WoW soquili will be able to join, I could never turn down a baby from my boyo ;P.

How does this sound: Certain/higher rankings can only be obtained by being a WoW soquili or from the blood of a WoW based soquili and then there will be multiple slots for non-WoW based soquili to fit in. Basically we wont really turn down anyone (except for special cases) and will label them accordingly?

Also as an update I am officially working on some of the Herd details, however, since i have a lack of brilliance in my mindset I am having a hard time figuring out a history for the herd. I will give a 15K PRIZE TO SOMEONE WHO SUBMITS A GOOD HISTORY BLURB. Like a lil contest for ya'll. It will ofcourse be posted and polled in the herd's page

YAY!! biggrin
I'm glad, they'll only properly join when they are an adult though.
Can there be honorary members or friends of the herd. xD

Sound good. It does seem prejudice and that it seems that they don't favor non-WoW soquili as much but it could just be a tradition because for this time they had never met non-WoW soquili before.

Plus IC you have to define what a WoW soquili is and what it means to be one.

It sounds cool to me though. biggrin  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:23 pm
Lol well maybe we wont be as prejudice then, im just unsure of how to go about making a ranking system yet....... hermmmmm  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:58 pm
Hyper Falcon
Lol well maybe we wont be as prejudice then, im just unsure of how to go about making a ranking system yet....... hermmmmm
Start with simple herd ranks.

Like Alpha and Protector and then the members.
The expand them into but classes like nannies, gatherers, storytellers, children ( children can be classed here until they find their way into a class like a trainee nanny until they have gained enough experience to hold the tittle of what ever class or rank it is).  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:23 pm
Ok! i brought my 4! half my herd are somehow wow inspired. I was also wondering falcon, if you'd be ok with my bringing Highbourne's father? he is not a wow themed soq, but i can see him being the easy goer he is and just following suit with his son. I'll link my soq's in a second!

OK. as for a back story and being a wow player/enthusiast; i definitely have some ideas. For a long time, i've been trying to figure out how i wanted to write the arrival of my soq's in this world.. so here's what i think... What if.. during the shattering... and everyone was in a hurry to get through the portals into the old kingdoms to help defend their capitals. However, while most of these non water type soq's were on a boat on a journey back to the old kingdoms from the northrends.. the maelstrom's opening caused a tidal wave that pulled their boat down into what looked like hte depths. However, their boat coincided with a mysterious portal. When their ship came through the portal, they were no longer in Azeroth at all! They were in the soquili world. Most of the humans (or humanoids) who were on the boats mostly perished, except for a few who tried to turn the boat remains into a makeshift shelter. This could be where the primary original leaders of the group started. This will allow for the reason of our water types as well. As the boat got sucked into the portal, some of the sea creatures as well. Luckily for them, the boat had landed next to a beach.. so the sea creatures were able to easily adapt as sea soquili into the nearby waters.

So, the story of ... what happened to their humans who drove the boat? Well, a few had survived and buried their shipmates. however, being in a new world with no knowledge of how to forage as they didn't know what was safe to eat or what wasn't. Well, hunger wasn't their only problem. They were ill from their floundering through the cold water as they passed through the portal. Many had wounds that they didnt' have supplies to heal. Because of all these things, many of whom survived still died eventually.

I think storywise, we could still have one or two survive; so if some of you haven't made a soquili indian persona... perhaps we could look into someone making a persona of the person who was around. It's not so much that he takes care of any of these horses. The soquili all regard what happens to the humans as a way to learn how to establish themselves.

Now, as to the soq's who come in. Naturally, some wow soq's are armored and have been dressed and trained for battle in their previous world, so in this world, they would make excellent protectors from evil. they also double as policing and guards.

Then, there are those who are themed after races/classes from wow. Based on teh wow world, i think those would excell best at task type of duties. they would be the ones doing gathering, hunting, etc.

then there are wow soq's based on mounts. i think these in game would have been used to travel, so they inherently have a lot of experience and wisdom.. thus making them good leaders. :3

I'm gonna post rest of my ideas in a new post.. because this is a wall fo text. XD  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff